Non-Key Tweets | Page 675 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
The Bengals also played and were in town too. Perfect storm for terrible attendance - FCS game, Thursday night, Bengals in town.

Have you seen though what preseason attendance is like?

Almost no one there at these games.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The Bengals also played and were in town too. Perfect storm for terrible attendance - FCS game, Thursday night, Bengals in town.
If you have tickets to both the 4th Bengals preseason game and the Cinci game, it is not even a question which one you're attending.

Reaction Score
Sooooo...you're saying we have fans who have been with us for 10 years or more????
Retro is in. Haven't you heard? Sheesh. :D
No, the WRONG UConn fans showed up last night. Duh. If I had showed up last night in my 2004 national championship t-shirt, it would have meant I'm a n00b football fan and negated every time I went to Memorial Stadium as a kid.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The jersey I wear is a 2001 Jamal Lundy #21 sewn on letters from the Co-Op store. It is incredibly impressive and I have since added a Memorial Stadium 50th anniversary game patch as well as a Papa John's Bowl patch from our victory over USCarolina. If you saw it coming toward you, you would quake at the sight.

Reaction Score
If you have tickets to both the 4th Bengals preseason game and the Cinci game, it is not even a question which one you're attending.

Actually that's not accurate, in Cincy getting into the campus on a thursday for an early start with school in versus a lot of the fans being downtown already for a Bengals game favors going to the pro game. Particularly against a d1 teams where you're a 29 point favorite. It's the lessor of 2 evils, meaning you take whatever is the closest cold beer.

Reaction Score
Appalachian State went 11-2 last year. They would have eviscerated us tonight.

While UConn should have hammered Maine, a win is a win and it was at least an entertaining game. Better than that barnburner 7 to 3 win by Wake Forest over Tulane where the winning team gained less than 200 yard total offense and whose only points were from the defense. That ACC 'rivalry' game in November between Wake and BC is shaping-up to be a memorable one.

Reaction Score
The results of the next few weeks will be far more telling than the result last night. A few more wins chalked up and the Maine game looks like first week jitters and an aberration. Get blown out by Navy and UVA and there's a serious problem. If I recall correctly, the mens 99 championship team either lost or barely won their exhibition opener to Marathon Oil.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Actually that's not accurate, in Cincy getting into the campus on a thursday for an early start with school in versus a lot of the fans being downtown already for a Bengals game favors going to the pro game. Particularly against a d1 teams where you're a 29 point favorite. It's the lessor of 2 evils, meaning you take whatever is the closest cold beer.
One game doesn't count and is being played by guys who will be sorting UPS packages and stocking shelves at Kroger next week vs. a regular season college football game with a Big XII invite presumably looming? Common sense dictates the latter. Though to be fair, Bearcat players may be sorting UPS packages next week as well.

Reaction Score
C. Austin Cox ‏@C_Austin_Cox · 4h4 hours ago
ESPN report stating #Memphis is out also says that accepting less revenue hurt UM's odds. WVU/TCU did it and it's expected "new teams" will.

ESPN reporting that Memphis is out as a result of taking a revenue cut? TCU/WVU did exactly that when they joined.
TCU, West Virginia to receive bigger Big 12 revenue shares

So far seeing a lot of reports, all tracing to McMurphy as the source that Memphis is out of #Big12Expansion. Still looking for any others.

Jonathan Sturdivant‏@JSTURDIVANT1985
@C_Austin_Cox
do u think it's true ?

C. Austin Cox ‏@C_Austin_Cox · 3h3 hours ago
Can't look at TV/recruiting markets, Big 12 member locations, athletic success and think no #Memphis makes sense.

C. Austin Cox ‏@C_Austin_Cox · 3h3 hours ago
McMurphy is a reliable journalist. However, it seems that all we've seen so far is ESPN has confirmed what ESPN is saying ESPN says.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
While UConn should have hammered Maine, a win is a win and it was at least an entertaining game. Better than that barnburner 7 to 3 win by Wake Forest over Tulane where the winning team gained less than 200 yard total offense and whose only points were from the defense. That ACC 'rivalry' game in November between Wake and BC is shaping-up to be a memorable one.

I wonder if Tulane has ever lost 7-3 on a defensive touchdown before?

Reaction Score
Read from bottom to top:
  1. Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 36s37 seconds ago
  2. BTM:OU Contacts "For Oklahoma, having FB only additions, is not ideal. Without UH in this particular proposal it's a tough sell to Texas"
  3. 0 retweets 0 likes

1. Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 5m5 minutes ago
  2. BTM: OU Contacts "BYU keeps BYU TV intact for the most part."
  3. 1 retweet 1 like

1. Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 9m9 minutes ago
  2. BTM:OU Contacts "Kansas would support first 2 additions Cincinnati and UConn in Expansion if BYU & Airforce are included as FB only adds"
  3. 8 retweets 12 likes

1. Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 11m11 minutes ago
  2. BTM:OU Contacts "Kansas attempting to build internal support in Big 12 towards a FB only addition of BYU & Airforce as 13 and 14th members"
  3. 4 retweets 4 likes

1. Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 16m16 minutes ago
    New BTM:OU Contact info This is new.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Let's go Kansas Compromise!

Btw, is Blauds "BTM?" Because Flug and Blauds are now saying the same thing at the same time. What is Blauds' middle name? Because BTM backward could be Blauds' initials. ;)

I'm only half kidding...

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
raw.gif

Reaction Score
Hey we Jayhawks know what's up. We don't say a lot but when we do, it's sensible. For UConn and Cincinnati, against Memphis and I've been rocking this for a while now. I can live with BYU and AFA for football as 13/14 as well but don't care either way if 11 and 12 are who they should be. Get er done.

2woltvp.jpg

Reaction Score
Could be a key tweet here:

buy superb item‏@ItemSuperb
6X Pure Passion Tantra Big 12 Penis Enlargement enhancement increase raise Cream http://toys-and-hobbies.info/tysnd/hbbs011/?query=http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=2&toolid=10039&campid=5337797091&item=131927456912&vectorid=229466&lgeo=1…

CrZvsJlW8AAMq5J.jpg

Reaction Score
Great post. Now watch your online advertisements on the board respond. Keep your private needs private. #npi :rolleyes:

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
While the Kansas variant may seem like good news, I fear it may be just the opposite. Bad for UConn if you think that there is no way the XII takes what KU proposes as is. Bad if you think UT isn't approving anything that doesn't include UH. And, bad if you notice that others (more than 1) prefer different full members in the 2+2 scenario.

It seems to me like a lot to overcome in building a consensus around Kansas' plan, viable though it may be.

The good news is that any variant of the Kansas variant (god I hate this process) is a lot less valuable and run afoul of the media goals implied by the XII to expand their reach.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
While the Kansas variant may seem like good news, I fear it may be just the opposite. Bad for UConn if you think that there is no way the XII takes what KU proposes as is. Bad if you think UT isn't approving anything that doesn't include UH. And, bad if you notice that others (more than 1) prefer different full members in the 2+2 scenario.

It seems to me like a lot to overcome in building a consensus around Kansas' plan, viable though it may be.

The good news is that any variant of the Kansas variant (god I hate this process) is a lot less valuable and run afoul of the media goals implied by the XII to expand their reach.
In the end it will be, as the Flug calls it, horse trading that makes the difference. I am glad that we are the highest (I discount Rice) ranked academically, as I think that may pop us out the pack in that process.

Reaction Score
But that implies UH is out. Didn't someone report (Greg Swaim?) recently that UH was out?

Kansas would want UConn for hoops and academics, especially if we get AAU in 2018.

Hey we Jayhawks know what's up. We don't say a lot but when we do, it's sensible. For UConn and Cincinnati, against Memphis and I've been rocking this for a while now. I can live with BYU and AFA for football as 13/14 as well but don't care either way if 11 and 12 are who they should be. Get er done.

2woltvp.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom