Attachments

• lambert.jpg
    lambert.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 49

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 4h4 hours ago
Small tidbit from my source: B12 has approved BYU's updated Code of Honor. 11 and 12 are set.

nathanmills ‏@nathanmills 4h4 hours ago
@MH ver3 and 12 is?

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 3h3 hours ago
@nathanmills as I said before: Cincy and BYU. UH was only getting in this round if BYU didn't play ball.

AAC could be in big trouble. Uconn could leave even if they don't get picked by B12. Exploring rejoining BE in Olympics and going Indy in FB

FatherOfRog ‏@MasterInsider 3h3 hours ago
@MH ver3 already knew that

@MasterInsider I didn't. Have yet to confer with my AAC source but I just checked my dms and had a ton about this.

Personally I think it's Uconn jut exploring all options as my source is pretty confident they get in B12 after season.

HoustonCentrikSports ‏@HoustonCentrikS 3h3 hours ago
@MH ver3 I read MAC or CUSA for FB

@HoustonCentrikS that'd be a huge step down but I read that too.

Nick Riley ‏@NickRiley117 3h3 hours ago
@MH ver3 @HoustonCentrikS MAC or CUSA would be a disaster

Sent my AAC contact a text. He responded. Says we will talk tonight and that AAC is in meltdown right now.

Ron Funk ‏@TheRealRonFunk 3h3 hours agoCorona, CA
@MH ver3 Referring to the change announced last week, or is there another change to be announced?

Mountaineer Steve ‏@Mountaineer_Ste 2h2 hours agoIrmo, SC
@MH ver3 if your sources says UCONN might go indy in FB, then the rest of his/her information can't be taken seriously.

@TheRealRonFunk not sure. I'll ask.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 2h2 hours ago
@Mountaineer_Ste reread my tweets. I was repeating what others had inboxed me.
LOL MH's source is Blauds. Wait, it's not his source, but he's going to check with his source.

Reaction Score
"There will be no more fun of any kind!" - Dean "Vernon Wormer", "Faber College", circa 1962.

I am really bummed to find out that my beloved alma mater has turned into a depressingly joyless place, devoid of all the revelry that makes life worth living. No wonder the B12 may not want us.

In the 70's I honestly cannot recall there being ANY rules about anything. One cold night in mid-January my roommate and I rode down the elevator in Eddy Hall to go streaking. The head RA actually opened the door for us to go outside. On another occasion, my girlfriend got so drunk at a football game I couldn't get her out of the stadium. The UCONN police came up and helped me walk her down the stairs, gave us a ride back to the dorm, and made sure she was going to be OK. They were like glorified baby sitters back then, super nice and polite.

I'm mortified.
image.jpeg

Reaction Score
LOL MH's source is Blauds. Wait, it's not his source, but he's going to check with his source.

In a matter of 6 tweets he said UConn and UH would be added to the Big 12 at end of football season and that UConn would send its sports to the Big East and declare war on ESPN.

Literally covering all his bases in a matter of minutes.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Memorial stadium may have had a keg or two in the stands from time to time. Of course I have no idea who the neerdowells were who would perpetrate such a crime against humanity....

That I never saw. But they did essentially run keg parties for us. I recall one at ROTC, and they did one in the Towers common building as well. We all bought real glass Busch branded pitchers there. I think refills on the pitchers were like $3. Maybe. The pitchers themselves couldn't be more than $6-7...full, and you keep the pitcher. Somehow I got in, even with no fake ID.

Reaction Score
Memorial stadium may have had a keg or two in the stands from time to time. Of course I have no idea who the neerdowells were who would perpetrate such a crime against humanity....
I resemble that remark. In the early 70's, my dorm had kegger's in Row 50 of Section C. One of our group (shotputter on the track team) would lug a quarter keg in an army surplus duffle bag into the stands. Bag was never checked as he was an athlete. Miller Highlife never tasted so good.

Reaction Score
In a matter of 6 tweets he said UConn and UH would be added to the Big 12 at end of football season and that UConn would send its sports to the Big East and declare war on ESPN.

Literally covering all his bases in a matter of minutes.

I could be wrong and I'm loth to peruse the last 40 or so pages of this thread to see but I'm thinking he may be the guy with the theory that the Big 12 will announce the addition of Cincy and BYU in the next couple of months and then the addition of UConn and UofH at the end of the season.

That's not my theory or belief and I don't even understand the reasoning behind it but I seem to recall somebody saying something like that.

Then again I may have him confused with dude Lambert. That guy really has proposed nearly every possible scenario.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I could be wrong and I'm loth to peruse the last 40 or so pages of this thread to see but I'm thinking he may be the guy with the theory that the Big 12 will announce the addition of Cincy and BYU in the next couple of months and then the addition of UConn and UofH at the end of the season.

That's not my theory or belief and I don't even understand the reasoning behind it but I seem to recall somebody saying something like that.

Then again I may have him confused with dude Lambert. That guy really has proposed nearly every possible scenario.

Yes. That was the theory floated by my doppelganger

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I resemble that remark. In the early 70's, my dorm had kegger's in Row 50 of Section C. One of our group (shotputter on the track team) would lug a quarter keg in an army surplus duffle bag into the stands. Bag was never checked as he was an athlete. Miller Highlife never tasted so good.
Is that toward the top and on the 50 yard line? If so that tradition carried on for more than a decade after you left.
That I never saw. But they did essentially run keg parties for us. I recall one at ROTC, and they did one in the Towers common building as well. We all bought real glass Busch branded pitchers there. I think refills on the pitchers were like $3. Maybe. The pitchers themselves couldn't be more than $6-7...full, and you keep the pitcher. Somehow I got in, even with no fake ID.

I remember those parties well.

Reaction Score
Let's not forget the kegs on the hill behind the southeast end zone. They were outside the stadium and not against policy. Its where I learned the concept of "drinking glove" during those chilly late autumn games.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Yeah, schools hate that rep. But Lehigh couldn't have done too much cracking down. Colleges.niche.com, another one of those college search engines, still has Lehigh ranked 18th in the country for party school lol. UConn is nowhere to be found in the top 100. Collegeatlas.com still has Lehigh 6th, based on the Princeton Review. UConn was again unranked.

I wish our admin cracked down the way Lehigh's did.

It's over rated... at least it would have been when I was there in the early 90s. The big reason it probably remains so is that we have such a strong frat presence. While I was there the frat parties were hit pretty regularly by campus security and most of the partying moved off campus.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
The only rationale I could think of here is 1) they're scared of public reaction to taking a "weak" football team, and 2) they're pretty convinced that we'll have a winning record + second straight bowl appearance this year, which makes us an easier sell. Especially if we come in along with Houston, and have a groundbreaking date set up for expansion of PAWSARF.

I hate that I spent even 45 seconds thinking about this nonsense, but at least there's a little bit of logic behind this one given how the Big 12 powers that be work. Of course they'll put waaaay too much stock in something as ephemeral as a one- or two-year performance on the gridiron, and of course they'll be totally solicitous of the opinions of their loudest & most ignorant fans.

Oh well. If we get in, I'll be sure to call them all geniuses for their decision-making process.

Reaction Score
The only rationale I could think of here is 1) they're scared of public reaction to taking a "weak" football team, and 2) they're pretty convinced that we'll have a winning record + second straight bowl appearance this year, which makes us an easier sell. Especially if we come in along with Houston, and have a groundbreaking date set up for expansion of PAWSARF.

I hate that I spent even 45 seconds thinking about this nonsense, but at least there's a little bit of logic behind this one given how the Big 12 powers that be work. Of course they'll put waaaay too much stock in something as ephemeral as a one- or two-year performance on the gridiron, and of course they'll be totally solicitous of the opinions of their loudest & most ignorant fans.

Oh well. If we get in, I'll be sure to call them all geniuses for their decision-making process.

Or they're waiting to announce UConn as the basketball season is heating up. Maybe they feel it would be more acceptable to the casual fan at that time.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Or they're waiting to announce UConn as the basketball season is heating up. Maybe they feel it would be more acceptable to the casual fan at that time.
or maybe they have their collective heads up their butts and can't build sufficient concensus on who to invite?

Last edited:

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
There is nothing to gain by announcing two at a time.

Leaving two at a time is something else entirely. If the AAC is going to lose 3 schools, it makes sense to trade exit fees in exchange for two teamd sticking an extra year to help the AAC stay together.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
There is nothing to gain by announcing two at a time.

Leaving two at a time is something else entirely. If the AAC is going to lose 3 schools, it makes sense to trade exit fees in exchange for two teamd sticking an extra year to help the AAC stay together.

Yes, it's pointless. The schools have to give notice, and the Big 12 doesn't get the extra money until they start playing. There's too much lag in the process as it is, they won't want to make it worse.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom