Non-Key Tweets | Page 546 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Unimpressed-Dog-Face-01.jpg
Ah, Anthony Weiner puppy... it's been a while.

Reaction Score
Bluevod makes Dude seem sane - and the Dude went through why he likes Jerry Faldwell a few days ago.[/QUOTE]
Whale your healthy skepticism has long ago crossed the boarder into unhealthy cynicism.
The difference is the complete lack of hope of any kind and

Have to give him a little credit for not trying to change his tune when his source was wrong, and not trying to back out of the heat. Unlike the Dude who changes direction like with a water diviner.

To be honest he was pretty much spot on in the evaluation . His mistake ( or his sources ) was to assume expansion was a fait accompli.
That was a logical conclusion based on long term B12 stability.
Some Presidents in all likelihood went to the meeting. Expecting expansion .

Maybe BYU was in the mix ,but their strict religious ideology ,gave them a huge hurdle.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Whale your healthy skepticism has long ago crossed the boarder into unhealthy cynicism.
The difference is the complete lack of hope of any kind and

To be honest he was pretty much spot on in the evaluation . His mistake ( or his sources ) was to assume expansion was a fait accompli.
That was a logical conclusion based on long term B12 stability.
Some Presidents in all likelihood went to the meeting. Expecting expansion .

Maybe BYU was in the mix ,but their strict religious ideology ,gave them a huge hurdle.

This is incoherent babble. For one, anyone with google could see nobody is getting a new TV network. Secondly - expanding today doesn't not change the calculus for the Big 12 in 2025.

Nobody they can expand with is going anywhere and nobody they can expand with makes it any more likely the league stays together in 2025.

So you can go with a measured analysis of the scenario or you can go with people on Twitter talking out of their arses. I get the Twitter people are saying what you want to hear - but think about that proposition. People in athletic departments are leaking information to people with a few thousand followers on Twitter. Even if they were legitimate people - why would they feed them anything valuable? Why not risk your job over sharing information with someone who posts it on Twitter?

Maybe the.best boneyard move is claiming that 'inside' information that proves incorrect was still 'inside' information. If you claim something is going to happen based
on inside information and it does not happen - by definition this was not inside information. It was BS speculation.

Reaction Score
Dennis Dodd ‏@dennisdoddcbs 41m41 minutes ago
Expansion still in play for badass B12.
Expansion still in play for the bold Big 12, and it could affect the Big Ten

Jake Trotter ‏@Jake_Trotter 5h5 hours ago
Jake Trotter Retweeted Kirk Bohls

Totally agree. Expansion debate alive/well. But w/ network off table, could change way Big 12 views candidates

istopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 5h5 hours ago
@Jake_Trotter @RedDirtSport @kbohls Quality of football program surpasses TV market in importance.

BostonCoug ‏@BostonCoug 5h5 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @flugempire well Chris, looks like you won this round. Flugaur is eating crow.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 33m33 minutes ago
@BostonCoug @flugempire Flugar is a lying idiot.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 31m31 minutes ago
LOL.... The Big 12 can hold expansion over the Big Ten & reduce the Big Ten's TV money!!!! LOL!!! Isn't that damn funny.

hristopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 29m29 minutes ago
@micjame @dennisdoddcbs Why stop at 14 and $1 billion. Add 8 and make it $2 billion. Give those members 50% & count the cash.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 28m28 minutes ago
I personally think the Big 12's new found power over the Big 10 is the best thing I heard since..lol it's the best thing Ivd heard! HA HA!

ME: He must be mixing the moonshine with the krokodil this time.

Reaction Score
This is incoherent babble. For one, anyone with google could see nobody is getting a new TV network. Secondly - expanding today doesn't not change the calculus for the Big 12 in 2025.

Nobody they can expand with is going anywhere and nobody they can expand with makes it any more likely the league stays together in 2025.

So you can go with a measured analysis of the scenario or you can go with people on Twitter talking out of their arses. I get the Twitter people are saying what you want to hear - but think about that proposition. People in athletic departments are leaking information to people with a few thousand followers on Twitter. Even if they were legitimate people - why would they feed them anything valuable? Why not risk your job over sharing information with someone who posts it on Twitter?

Maybe the.best boneyard move is claiming that 'inside' information that proves incorrect was still 'inside' information. If you claim something is going to happen based
on inside information and it does not happen - by definition this was not inside information. It was BS speculation.
Sorry I disagree ,any skepic knew that Flug couldn't possibly know what many of the conference presidents didn't know. Your the one one making the assumption that we gullible idiots bought into a Twitter prediction. I don't think is was taken as anything other than a rare positive non key tweet swimming in a sea of negative tweets.
To dismiss all information from that source is very short sighted
His prediction was the two best candidates were UConn and UCinn.
I believe it was at a time when UConn wasn't being talked about. So he apparently had some inside knowledge.
If the B12 bothered to evaluate 7 teams as likely candidates , a less knowledgeable person than yourself might take expansion as a logical eventuality. The fact that UConn and UCinn faired very well in that evaluation might lead one engaged in speculation to make that prediction. That is a prediction based on on those facts with the assumption that expansion was a given.
This prediction is at least grounded in some fact.
As a manager if a person provided you with two facts and then proceeded to make an incorrect assumption based in those facts . I wouldn't so much question their sources as their judgement.

To be fair you have been known to speculate on the gullibility of posters that you really have zero idea if they are doing anything other than playing the game. Or are your just engaging in your BY contrayian persona. Either way it's not that important.Speculation drives this board. Contrarianism gives that speculation balance.
PS
That first post was not related to the second and was a classic Sarcasm post. I think you would have enjoyed . I'm now sorry I deleted it as reading the first line takes the post out if context. I'm sorry if I offended you.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Sorry I disagree ,any skepic knew that Flug couldn't possibly know what many of the conference presidents didn't know. Your the one one making the assumption that we gullible idiots bought into a Twitter prediction. I don't think is was taken as anything other than a rare positive non key tweet swimming in a sea of negative tweets.
To dismiss all information from that source is very short sighted
His prediction was the two best candidates were UConn and UCinn.
I believe it was at a time when UConn wasn't being talked about. So he apparently had some inside knowledge.
If the B12 bothered to evaluate 7 teams as likely candidates , a less knowledgeable person than yourself might take expansion as a logical eventuality. The fact that UConn and UCinn faired very well in that evaluation might lead one engaged in speculation to make that prediction. That is a prediction based on on those facts with the assumption that expansion was a given.
This prediction is at least grounded in some fact.
As a manager if a person provided you with two facts and then proceeded to make an incorrect assumption based in those facts . I wouldn't so much question their sources as their judgement.

To be fair you have been known to speculate on the gullibility of posters that you really have zero idea if they are doing anything other than playing the game. Or are your just engaging in your BY contrayian persona. Either way it's not that important.Speculation drives this board. Contrarianism gives that speculation balance.
PS
That first post was not related to the second and was a classic Sarcasm post. I think you would have enjoyed . I'm now sorry I deleted it as reading the first line takes the post out if context. I'm sorry if I offended you.

You don't need to hire a firm
to tell you that UConn and Cincinnati are the two best G5 schools.

You don't need inside contacts to understand that Texas doesn't want to expand the Big 12.

Do you think I don't know there are posters who just post nonsense they don't actually believe? Thanks for the update.

For the record I'm never a contrarian on purpose - it just turns out group think is wrong a lot.

Reaction Score

You don't need inside contacts to understand that Texas doesn't want to expand the Big 12.

Do you think I don't know there are posters who just post nonsense they don't actually believe? Thanks for the update.

For the record I'm never a contrarian on purpose - it just turns out group think is wrong a lot.
I accept your acceptance of my apology.

Reaction Score
I'm at the point where so long as the Big XII doesn't raid the AAC without us I don't care. Texas is acting like a spoiled child and can go try and be independent and see how small their true market value is. They want to pretend they're on the same level as Notre Dame and they just aren't. Keep the AAC strong for a couple years, wait for Texas or OU to bail and add Baylor/ISU/TCU/etc. and we'll be alright.

Reaction Score
Dodd still brings up an interesting point. Right now the Big 12 can guarantee 1 billion in their coffers over the next 10 years if they add 4 teams soon. Doesn't matter how good they are in football, whether they can bring a network (doesn't matter now), whether they are good academically, etc. They basically have ESPN and Fox by the balls.

And considering they can dictate terms to the new teams (which team is going to say no to 10 mil a year and maybe eventually 15 mil a year 5 years down the road if the Big 12 lays out those terms?) why wouldn't they? After they give the newbies their cut they can still hold on to approx 500 mil or 50 mil per team over 10 years.....extra cash to be had.

Why would you say no when you know there is a chance the league ceases to exist anyway once the B1G contract re-opens and the Big12 contract is on the verge of expiring?

The question is what 4 teams are taken...I would think from a football recruiting standpoint Cincy and a Florida team are in. That would leave 2 teams...and perhaps for those final 2 teams non-football factors play into it. Do the "presidents" want academic integrity and a school that is at least "competitive" across the board in all sports like UConn? You can scrap the Colorado school (who cares about Denver market now). Memphis (a 1-2 year football mirage perhaps with awful academics?) Houston (still can't see Texas wanting Houston considering how well Herman is already recruiting as a G5 member over Texas). BYU (sure although the Sunday thing who knows).....

Would they take 2 Florida schools? I can't see that happening....

anyway, now that I've had a few I still think if the Big12 is just looking to cash in as much as possible over the next 9 years, maybe UConn has an outside shot still, especially when the Big 12 is impressed when we win the College World Series.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Dodd still brings up an interesting point. Right now the Big 12 can guarantee 1 billion in their coffers over the next 10 years if they add 4 teams soon. Doesn't matter how good they are in football, whether they can bring a network (doesn't matter now), whether they are good academically, etc. They basically have ESPN and Fox by the balls.

And considering they can dictate terms to the new teams (which team is going to say no to 10 mil a year and maybe eventually 15 mil a year 5 years down the road if the Big 12 lays out those terms?) why wouldn't they? After they give the newbies their cut they can still hold on to approx 500 mil or 50 mil per team over 10 years.....extra cash to be had.

Why would you say no when you know there is a chance the league ceases to exist anyway once the B1G contract re-opens and the Big12 contract is on the verge of expiring?

The question is what 4 teams are taken...I would think from a football recruiting standpoint Cincy and a Florida team are in. That would leave 2 teams...and perhaps for those final 2 teams non-football factors play into it. Do the "presidents" want academic integrity and a school that is at least "competitive" across the board in all sports like UConn? You can scrap the Colorado school (who cares about Denver market now). Memphis (a 1-2 year football mirage perhaps with awful academics?) Houston (still can't see Texas wanting Houston considering how well Herman is already recruiting as a G5 member over Texas). BYU (sure although the Sunday thing who knows).....

Would they take 2 Florida schools? I can't see that happening....

anyway, now that I've had a few I still think if the Big12 is just looking to cash in as much as possible over the next 9 years, maybe UConn has an outside shot still, especially when the Big 12 is impressed when we win the College World Series.

The reason against that line of thinking is they don't buy into the idea they are dead, can recruit better schools in the future and it's a short term cash grab that doesn't pay off in the end.

They might be wrong but that is why.

Based on the market contracting there aren't going to be many places for the non-elite to land.

Reaction Score
The league can add a billion dollars for expansion....but it is no increase for current schools, only the same money for the additions....it is only worth it to current members if the new members take a ten year haircut.

Is it worth it to a G5 to take such a long term junior position? You betcha.

With no network in the near term, and moderate financial gains per team with expansion, the talk will move to "diluting the brand".

The division make up may play in when expansion occurs.

Oklahoma and Texas folks will want a Big 12 south and north. And that might end up UConn, Cincinnati, ISU, Kansas, KSU, and WVU in a north division.....

The Big Texoma vs the "Others"...and that would be interesting....while the relative power of each division would switch when football segues to basketball, the Texoma could be seen as the core of the conference.

The other scenario would be splitting Oklahoma and Texas...with possibility of either replays or end of RR Rivalry.

I think that there will be a wrestling match regarding division structure....

Reaction Score
The reason against that line of thinking is they don't buy into the idea they are dead, can recruit better schools in the future and it's a short term cash grab that doesn't pay off in the end.

Based on the market contracting there aren't going to be many places for the non-elite to land.

I've never known a P5 conference to pass up a cash grab, even a short term one.

Reaction Score
I'm at the point where so long as the Big XII doesn't raid the AAC without us I don't care. Texas is acting like a spoiled child and can go try and be independent and see how small their true market value is. They want to pretend they're on the same level as Notre Dame and they just aren't. Keep the AAC strong for a couple years, wait for Texas or OU to bail and add Baylor/ISU/TCU/etc. and we'll be alright.

You must be young. I'm old. I probably have 10 years.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

I'm amazed that you can pause from your celebratory 'Big 12 didn't expand' jerk off long enough to post.

Everyone here knows the non-key tweet thread is bull spit. That's why it is called "non-key."

Geesh, Nostradamus give it a rest.

Reaction Score
The league can add a billion dollars for expansion....but it is no increase for current schools, only the same money for the additions....it is only worth it to current members if the new members take a ten year haircut.

Is it worth it to a G5 to take such a long term junior position? You betcha.

With no network in the near term, and moderate financial gains per team with expansion, the talk will move to "diluting the brand".

The division make up may play in when expansion occurs.

Oklahoma and Texas folks will want a Big 12 south and north. And that might end up UConn, Cincinnati, ISU, Kansas, KSU, and WVU in a north division.....

The Big Texoma vs the "Others"...and that would be interesting....while the relative power of each division would switch when football segues to basketball, the Texoma could be seen as the core of the conference.

The other scenario would be splitting Oklahoma and Texas...with possibility of either replays or end of RR Rivalry.

I think that there will be a wrestling match regarding division structure....

Texas has not had a first place finish since 2009. I would not be so fast to write off the competition.

Reaction Score
Texas has not had a first place finish since 2009. I would not be so fast to write off the competition.

That's true but that's been just as much about Texas being bad and its recruiting lacking as it has the competition improving. I wouldn't chalk up their not having a first place finish in that time period as being all about the quality of the competition. Granted, it's probably both, but Texas has been mediocre regardless of the strength of their opponents. Remember, they've been rolled by BYU a few times too.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm amazed that you can pause from your celebratory 'Big 12 didn't expand' jerk off long enough to post.

Everyone here knows the non-key tweet thread is bull spit. That's why it is called "non-key."

Geesh, Nostradamus give it a rest.

So sensitive.

The Big 12 not expanding is a good thing for UConn. That many don't understand it doesn't make it less true.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So sensitive.

The Big 12 not expanding is a good thing for UConn. That many don't understand it doesn't make it less true.
I thought you were going to take a break after Businesslawyer suggested it. There must be something else you like doing like, oh I don't know, giving away plot points at movies, or going to theme parks and telling kids that the costumed characters aren't real. You know, giving someone else the benefit of your perspicacity.

Reaction Score

Going to 14 doesn't keep them from recruiting better schools in the future (such as FSU and Clemson).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom