Non-Key Tweets | Page 625 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 5h5 hours ago
Greg Flugaur Retweeted Matt Schonvisky

Decision on candidates won't be based on who will take deepest "haircut"...or FEDEX $..
Not what drives Boren.

Manny Walker ‏@Manny_Insanity · 5h5 hours ago
@flugempire
But FedEx will help a TON.

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@Manny_Insanity
No it won't.
At least in accordance to what our OU Contacts say...or I should say, don't say.
They never mention FEDEX$

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 5h5 hours ago
@Manny_Insanity
The only times OU Contacts have mentioned Memphis was Kansas not wanting them..and Okie St supporting them
Not in the mix

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 2h2 hours ago
Tramel of Aug 5th sounds the same as our OU Contacts of July 21st.
BYU/UC/UCONN/UH
Nothing has changed.

Reaction Score
This is nuts. How do we not have TX, OU, KS, WV, FOX and ESPN lined up behind our bid by now? If it's 2 it should be UConn and BYU or UConn and Cincy. If it's 4 it should be UConn, BYU, Cincy and UCF or UH if TX really wants them. There shouldn't be any other question at this point. There are only 5 schools worthy and only 1 is a state flagship in the wealthiest and most populous part of the country, with a P5 budget, who not only adds markets but owns its own market, with top 60 academics and tons of national championships across numerous and diverse sports which is very important to university Presidents. We've been preparing for this for years and known about OU wanting to make some change for a year now. How is there still ANY question???

Reaction Score
wvuscott_bigger.jpg
MHver3 ‏@MHver3Protected Tweets 1h1 hour ago

My source at WVU told me Fox wants Uconn the most but they want a school in Florida almost equally as much.

Reaction Score
Of course OSU wants Memphis
They will have someone to feel superior to
All those Aggie Jokes the Sooners tell about them can be recycled as Tiger Jokes

Reaction Score
This is nuts. How do we not have TX, OU, KS, WV, FOX and ESPN lined up behind our bid by now? If it's 2 it should be UConn and BYU or UConn and Cincy. If it's 4 it should be UConn, BYU, Cincy and UCF or UH if TX really wants them. There shouldn't be any other question at this point. There are only 5 schools worthy and only 1 is a state flagship in the wealthiest and most populous part of the country, with a P5 budget, who not only adds markets but owns its own market, with top 60 academics and tons of national championships across numerous and diverse sports which is very important to university Presidents. We've been preparing for this for years and known about OU wanting to make some change for a year now. How is there still ANY question???
Geography and perception of our football program. Plain and simple.

Reaction Score
Apparently UConn pissed off a lot of important people at the top of P5 conferences over the years. That could be the simplest explanation for our continual exclusion. It's like when someone continually gets passed over for the hall of fame and you just look at their stats and ask yourself how is this possible? I mean if you look at some of the schools in the P5 currently, we're in a better place than they are, and yet no one questions whether or not they belong. I guess that's because you can't kick teams out or replace them unless they leave voluntarily.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
wvuscott_bigger.jpg
‏@ Protected Tweets 1h1 hour ago

My source at WVU told me Fox wants Uconn the most but they want a school in Florida almost equally as much.

God damn it. So BYU, UH and Cincy are locked and its us and FL for the last seat. Its Louisville part Deux. We have to hope the university presidents make the right decision, a real university that owns its market and not the #4 or #5 school with commuter status.

Reaction Score
Apparently UConn pissed off a lot of important people at the top of P5 conferences over the years. That could be the simplest explanation for our continual exclusion. It's like when someone continually gets passed over for the hall of fame and you just look at their stats and ask yourself how is this possible? I mean if you look at some of the schools in the P5 currently, we're in a better place than they are, and yet no one questions whether or not they belong. I guess that's because you can't kick teams out or replace them unless they leave voluntarily.
So UConn is like the Jim Rice of college athletics?

Reaction Score
The B12 has existential problems that won't be solved. When Oklahoma looks at Northwestern and Rutgers and Wake Forest and Vanderbilt and BC and Syracuse and Pitt and Louisville and Mississippi St., and it realizes all these schools make more money than they do--well, UO has a problem. And I think it wont be solved until the P5 break from the NCAA and they all go independent with most of their rights.

Reaction Score
Who outside of a few people in the ACC?

Reaction Score
I say we tell Fox we will kick ESPN out of their studios and let Fox have it with no taxes EVER!

If they, wink, wink, YOU know. :D

Reaction Score
Geography and perception of our football program. Plain and simple.

Those have to be two of the easiest objections to overcome. The other criteria should far outweigh those concerns. Especially when looking at our competition. Memphis, UCF and even Cincy aren't exactly Michigan or USC. And geography should work in our favor.

Reaction Score
Those have to be two of the easiest objections to overcome. The other criteria should far outweigh those concerns. Especially when looking at our competition. Memphis, UCF and even Cincy aren't exactly Michigan or USC. And geography should work in our favor.
They are absolutely not the easiest objections to overcome. Geography is what it is, we're far from the Big 12, that ain't changing. The perception of our football program is generally incorrect, but it's not like we have a history of being amazing. We've had some good years, one BCS bowl, but a very comparatively short history. In Big 12 world, these things matter and aren't just brushed aside.

Reaction Score
They are absolutely not the easiest objections to overcome. Geography is what it is, we're far from the Big 12, that ain't changing. The perception of our football program is generally incorrect, but it's not like we have a history of being amazing. We've had some good years, one BCS bowl, but a very comparatively short history. In Big 12 world, these things matter and aren't just brushed aside.

Memphis has sucked forever and UCF had one good season so the football objection should be outweighed by academics, markets. Cincy has had a moderately decent run. BYU is the only real football program and their geography is much worse than ours being in the middle of nowhere. Being between NYC and Boston should be a major plus for a conference based in TX, OK, and KS. And if Malloy isn't having semiweekly meetings reminding ESPN what we have done for them then someone is not doing their job.

Reaction Score

Timing is everything, just look at Houston and Memphis.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If Brown is a UT mouthpiece;
And UT wants Houston;
And Brown is floating Memphis;
And OU and the non-Texas schools don't want Memphis;

Why do you think Brown is floating Memphis, or 2 schools instead or 4.

Answer: UT is trolling trying to assure Houston is in and any expansion benefits Texas. I'm confident that Texas couldn't tell these achools apart if they showed up in uniform. They are using Memphis or torpedoing exoansion as a threat because it makes no difference to them.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Memphis isn't a credible threat for Texas to make. There are community colleges in Connecticut that would be embarrassed to be in the same conference with Memphis because of Memphis' academics. Do you think Texas' president wants Memphis in UT's league.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So that whole tweet about the 'supervisor' who said UConn was already in and it was being announced 'Fridayish' wasn't 100% accurate? Shocker.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I have to explain posts to you now?

Memphis was not getting in. This was not some great insight by me or anyone else. But if you want to defend Memphis, go for it.

Literally not a person on this board has defended Memphis.

If you are talking about me saying they could end up being a potential compromise candidate - that tweet doesn't change anything.

Reaction Score
It's funny you mention Jim Rice because I was thinking of him as I was typing that.

I'm a Yankee fan, but I loved watching Rice hit. His opposite field power was incredible. In the old Yankee stadium I've seen in person hit balls way back into the right center bleachers. The steroid era had ruined baseball for me. This guy did it naturally.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom