Non-Key Tweets | Page 509 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So, it's obvious that at least one poster that I have blocked is in the middle of this mess (I'm no where near Waquoit's 41 blocked posters; I think it's 5 or 6. I'm too lazy to look up # of posters I have blocked).

My conundrum is that this thread is a bit awkward to read by not seeing the skipped content. However if I unblock the blocked poster then I'll be forced to remember why I blocked the person in the first place.

As of now, I'm staying with convoluted and awkward thread reading.

Reaction Score
So, it's obvious that at least one poster that I have blocked is in the middle of this mess (I'm no where near Waquoit's 41 blocked posters; I think it's 5 or 6. I'm too lazy to look up # of posters I have blocked).

My conundrum is that this thread is a bit awkward to read by not seeing the skipped content. However if I unblock the blocked poster then I'll be forced to remember why I blocked the person in the first place.

As of now, I'm staying with convoluted and awkward thread reading.

If you think reading the skipped content will make it less awkward you are dead wrong. Run, Run while you can!!

Reaction Score
I'm sure they do.

Here is what you are missing and why I said it.

The dear genius that tweeted the chart wrote a blog post being critical of the optics of attendance at a game that he watched on TV from 5 minutes away.

When he was called out on it he edited the post and has refused to admit that he was critical of the people that did the same thing he did.

He's a wannabe journalist who can't even come clean when he is full of crap. You'd think a wannabe journalist would care about having credibility - but he doesn't so I will forever mock him.

Ok, I'll bite. Attached is a pic from my seats at the Towson game that is still on my phone (yes, I still have the same beat up iPhone 4 from 2013), same seats since the Rent opened and you can find me there in 202 at each game this coming season too, start to finish. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, I have no issue with that.

I don't consider myself a journalist and covering the team is not a job for me, I have a full time job in another field. I do it because I have a passion for the program and have the opportunity to share positive things about UConn football, the coaching staff and the players, with fans that are just as passionate for it, as I am. For critical analysis, you can turn to the newspapers and others who get paid to do that, that's not what I do. Whether you read, listen to or watch anything I put out, or not, that's ok. If what I'm doing leads to something down the line, great, if not, that's fine too, that's not why I do it.

What I do hope is to put up content that fans find interesting and may be something different than what the standard media outlets put out.

On the attendance numbers from the chart, the data was pulled from numbers that the NCAA reported, same source for all schools. Yes, they get the numbers from each school and UConn may have inflated their numbers at one point to be tickets sold and not how many went through the gate, but they are the official attendance numbers honored by the NCAA: NCAA Football Attendance

Thanks for reading!

Attachments

• photo (44).JPG
    photo (44).JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 68

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Ok, I'll bite. Attached is a pic from my seats at the Towson game that is still on my phone (yes, I still have the same beat up iPhone 4 from 2013), same seats since the Rent opened and you can find me there in 202 at each game this coming season too, start to finish. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, I have no issue with that.

I don't consider myself a journalist and covering the team is not a job for me, I have a full time job in another field. I do it because I have a passion for the program and have the opportunity to share positive things about UConn football, the coaching staff and the players, with fans that are just as passionate for it, as I am. For critical analysis, you can turn to the newspapers and others who get paid to do that, that's not what I do. Whether you read, listen to or watch anything I put out, or not, that's ok. If what I'm doing leads to something down the line, great, if not, that's fine too, that's not why I do it.

What I do hope is to put up content that fans find interesting and may be something different than what the standard media outlets put out.

On the attendance numbers from the chart, the data was pulled from numbers that the NCAA reported, same source for all schools. Yes, they get the numbers from each school and UConn may have inflated their numbers at one point to be tickets sold and not how many went through the gate, but they are the official attendance numbers honored by the NCAA: NCAA Football Attendance

Thanks for reading!

Anyone who was paying attention at the time knows you are lying and you've posted this same nonsense before.

If you don't care if you have zero credibility to people who were paying attention more power to you.

Reaction Score
MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 6h6 hours ago
Source at WVU says 2 teams in all sports and 2 in FB add enough inventory for network. Also not getting BYU unless fb only due to byutv

Ron Funk ‏@TheRealRonFunk 3h3 hours ago
@MH ver3 Holy crap, people, talk about shooting the messenger!

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 2h2 hours ago
@TheRealRonFunk BYU fans are a blind sensitive bunch. Forgive them for they know not what they do.

So the other research firm is working on our modified TV numbers with expansion and CCG. It's good news.

Not only is it a myth that G5 schools don't add value-it's an outright lie.

With the right markets added we can more than double our current exposure. Pro rata wouldn't be a problem.

The current deal with 14 given pro rata would be undervalued by almost 30%

TheFrogCast ‏@TheFrogCastTCU 2h2 hours ago
@MH ver3 @nathanmills it's because no one wants to be on record bad mouth no Sunday's but none of them want to deal with it.

nathanmills ‏@nathanmills 2h2 hours ago
@TheFrogCastTCU @MHver3 that's actually a lot more believable.

@nathanmills @TheFrogCastTCU fwiw in the past I was always told Sunday play was a big issue for all sports.

UT saying if we expand we can't go past 14. Must leave room for future additions in case ACC implodes or P12 has defections later

And if you only pay the 2 FB only additions a 60% share once fully vested, the money approaches sec and B10 levels.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 1h1 hour ago
And you could get higher sub fees in Utah and Florida but pay a smaller share to those schools as well

Reaction Score
RedDirtSport ‏@RedDirtSport 4h4 hours ago
If the league isn't good enough for Texas to contribute to its long term health, what benefit does OU receive in prolonging its existence

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 4h4 hours ago
Greg Flugaur Retweeted RedDirtSport

Tweet of the day https://mobile.twitter.com/RedDirtSport/status/728289700788633600…

Andy Staples ‏@Andy_Staples 28m28 minutes ago
Andy Staples Retweeted Mike Bianchi

OK. Explain to me how taking two schools from that pu pu platter solves anything. I'll wait.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 26m26 minutes ago
@Andy_Staples Most College Sports writers/bloggers thought the creation of the BTN was a bad decision...same with Maryland/Rutgers adds..

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 25m25 minutes ago
@Andy_Staples B12 has to enlarge their footprint for multiple reasons. It sounds like you want them to strike out looking vs swinging bat

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 22m22 minutes ago
College Sports Writers/Bloggers have one similar component....status quo is their collective mantra...history blinds their vision of future

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 3h3 hours ago
So many people think they know what the Big 12 is going to do. How? How do they know when the Big 12 doesn't know what it will do.

wethyhusky ‏@desrochers_ben 2h2 hours ago
@theDudeofWV good point, but how do you know that they don't know what they will do?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 41m41 minutes ago
@desrochers_ben How? They've said publicly they will not make any decisions at the upcoming presidents meeting.

Karlos‏@Weeeeeh
@frankthetank111 Thoughts?
Cincinnati and Memphis to the Big 12 Makes Sense

Frank the Tank ‏@frankthetank111 2h2 hours ago
Frank the Tank Retweeted Karlos

Fair argument, but I don't think avoiding creating another island (e.g. BYU, UConn) is really relevant to Big 12.

Frank the Tank ‏@frankthetank111 2h2 hours ago
@OurLucille_2 @Weeeeeh To be sure, BYU, UConn, Cincinnati or others could be rejected by Big 12. I just don't it will be based on geography.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 40m40 minutes ago
@frankthetank111 @Weeeeeh How come everyone thinks they know what the Big 12 will do? I'm pro expansion - for the record.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 39m39 minutes ago
@frankthetank111 @Weeeeeh But expanding without increasing revenue does more harm to the Big 12 than good. It reduces revenues.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 38m38 minutes ago
@frankthetank111 @Weeeeeh Texas controls enough votes to stop expansion. KSU has an interim President - Schultz until August.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 35m35 minutes ago
@frankthetank111 @Weeeeeh Texas was #2 revenue last year. What's the incentive for Texas to go along with expansion?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 27m27 minutes ago
I'm doing my best to stay out of the B12 rush to judge but I'll say this. Nothing is settled. Everything is still on the table.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 26m26 minutes ago
Texas doesn't like the options available. They have zero incentive to go along with expansion & they don't want to give up LHN.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 25m25 minutes ago
And there isn't much the rest of the conference can trade Texas in return for their cooperation.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 23m23 minutes ago
The @Enquirer is wrong. Expansion doesn't have 7 votes. It might have 5 solid "yes" votes if Schultz gets a chance to vote.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 22m22 minutes ago
As long as Texas controls 3 "no" votes expansion is not possible.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 21m21 minutes ago
Many in the B12 believe that expansion without a network will doom the conference faster than not expanding.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 21m21 minutes ago
Texas & OU are immune from revenue problems. They can wait 7 years & pivot to pursue the best opportunity whatever that may be.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 19m19 minutes ago
Despite all the dire talk & platitudes about falling behind & such the Big 12 must not rush to expand without considering the long term.

david_gibson ‏@BaylorFight 26m26 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV Chris - wouldn't it be better if Big 12 stayed at 10 until 2023 so that they could grab schools when other conferences shakeout

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 17m17 minutes ago
@BaylorFight Some think that way. Does a reduction of revenue in exchange for 10% better playoff odds stabilize the Big 12?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 16m16 minutes ago
@BaylorFight I'm going to say poaching from the P12 may be the Big 12's best option in the future.

david_gibson ‏@BaylorFight 16m16 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV Arizona/Arizona St?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 16m16 minutes ago
@BaylorFight Matbe?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 4h4 hours ago
Hearing NC academic fraud and being on probation for accreditation may stop them from Big 10.

dave campbell ‏@yerfaceismycase 4h4 hours ago
@Bluevodreal Tough bar.. seems harsh..

Genetics56 ‏@Genetics56 3h3 hours ago
@yerfaceismycase @Bluevodreal good sign that UNC is being seriously considered. B1G will help them be strict on academics.

@yerfaceismycase not saying deal breaker but concern being on probation for accreditation is serious stuff.

dave campbell ‏@yerfaceismycase 4h4 hours ago
@Bluevodreal oh no doubt. seems like a University w NC's academic reputation could eventually overcome that scandal.. if all else fits.

TodayIsTheDay ‏@GoBlue135 4h4 hours ago
@Bluevodreal But Duke won't come without them, will they?

@GoBlue135 I'm not buying the Duke stuff but maybe if NC is a no go to get NC TV market.

TodayIsTheDay ‏@GoBlue135 4h4 hours ago
@Bluevodreal ok, I just heard a loose rumor about it. Thanks.

Reaction Score
UConn's average football attendance since 2003 is 36+k?

There has been 30k in the stadium maybe three times in the last 5 years.

You might want to check the math on that one.

Source: Hartford Courant
UConn Avg football attendance figures
2003 - 37,059
2004 - 39,304
2005 - 40,000
2006 - 38,939
2007 - 38,205
2008 - 39,331
2009 - 38,229
2010 - 38,248
2011 - 34,569
2012 - 34,672
2013 - 30,931
2014 - 27,461
2015 - 28,285

The stadium has a 40, 000 capacity. There have be 31 games in Rentschler Fields history where attendance has equaled or exceeded 40, 000. There have been 6 games since 2009 when the stadium attendance has equaled or exceeded 40, 000. Over the history of UConn in Division 1A FBS football the avg attendance is 35,787. That's 90% of capacity.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Source: Hartford Courant
UConn Avg football attendance figures
2003 - 37,059
2004 - 39,304
2005 - 40,000
2006 - 38,939
2007 - 38,205
2008 - 39,331
2009 - 38,229
2010 - 38,248
2011 - 34,569
2012 - 34,672
2013 - 30,931
2014 - 27,461
2015 - 28,285

The stadium has a 40, 000 capacity. There have be 31 games in Rentschler Fields history where attendance has equaled or exceeded 40, 000. There have been 6 games since 2009 when the stadium attendance has equaled or exceeded 40, 000. Over the history of UConn in Division 1A FBS football the avg attendance is 35,787. That's 90% of capacity.

LOL. A bit late to the party - but solid info!

Reaction Score
They were just out in Phoenix and give UConn very low odds of being an option

-n6cAPu3_normal.jpg
Stewart Mandel (@slmandel)
5/5/16, 7:30 PM
New Audible: Where we list our top four Big 12 expansion choices and answer a whole lot of emails. soundcloud.com/the-audible/5-…

Reaction Score
Why are you such a chit head toward skiblets?
He never said we were going to be invited to a conference did he? He said he heard good news regarding CR without getting too specific. Doesn't mean his Intel was right or wrong. Maybe nothing has come of it yet and maybe nothing will.
But he's not the kind of poster to let anything out just to get likes or attention.

Edit- just saw jostar beat me to skiblets defense. Well done

It's not that he's a jerk to Skiblets. It's a broader issue.

Reaction Score
Why are you such a chit head toward skiblets?
He never said we were going to be invited to a conference did he? He said he heard good news regarding CR without getting too specific. Doesn't mean his Intel was right or wrong. Maybe nothing has come of it yet and maybe nothing will.
But he's not the kind of poster to let anything out just to get likes or attention.

Edit- just saw jostar beat me to skiblets defense. Well done
I am confused. If someone hears good news regarding CR, and they are an allegedly a reliable source, it can only mean that an invite is coming whether they state such or not. There is no other good news in CR other than an invite for UConn. Over a year has now passed and there is really nothing of substance. Even our new AD has stated that CR will happen if it is meant to be. I think Skiblet's source was likely incorrect.

Reaction Score
I am confused. If someone hears good news regarding CR, and they are an allegedly a reliable source, it can only mean that an invite is coming whether they state such or not. There is no other good news in CR other than an invite for UConn. Over a year has now passed and there is really nothing of substance. Even our new AD has stated that CR will happen if it is meant to be. I think Skiblet's source was likely incorrect.
I think I remember Skiblets saying it was POTENTIALLY or POSSIBLY good news. I wasn't sure what that meant at the time.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 5h5 hours ago
Greg Flugaur Retweeted RedDirtSport

Tweet of the day https://mobile.twitter.com/RedDirtSport/status/728289700788633600…

reg ‏@85bevo 5h5 hours ago
@flugempire @RedDirtSport contribute, what would you do if they were in UT's shoes?

RedDirtSport ‏@RedDirtSport 5h5 hours ago
@85bevo @flugempire If i was still going to make the same amount of extra cash? Dump the failure of the network and get some good pr

greg ‏@85bevo 1h1 hour ago
@RedDirtSport @flugempire
http://texas.247sports.com/Bolt/Tex...ences-before-ending-Longhorn-Network-45190983

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 1h1 hour ago
@85bevo @RedDirtSport OU would be delighted if that was outcome.....anything but status quo for Sooners. If UT leaves..OU gains freedom

@flugempire @RedDirtSport I am one that believes if we need to give LHN up, let's find a better home.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 1h1 hour ago
@85bevo @RedDirtSport In accordance to the LHN contract (to abandon LHN) the new home has to satisfy Disney/ESPN. So...SEC/ACC or INDY.

@flugempire @RedDirtSport OK

Expansion_crush ‏@Expansion_Crush 45m45 minutes agoAtlanta, IN
@flugempire We need to talk about what people are forgetting about GORs

Expansion_crush ‏@Expansion_Crush 44m44 minutes agoAtlanta, IN
@flugempire Schools aren't going to challenge them for a potential windfall that would take upwards of decades to break even.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 41m41 minutes ago
@Expansion_Crush No one will leave a P5 conference vs the GOR on their own.. But Conf implosion (5 schools leaving at once) is possible

Expansion_crush ‏@Expansion_Crush 37m37 minutes agoAtlanta, IN
@flugempire getting 5 schools to agree when only 2 have a sure thing isn't likely.

RedDirtSport ‏@RedDirtSport 34m34 minutes ago
@Expansion_Crush @flugempire I'm going to argue if the league isn't maximizing its revenue as per Big 12 bylaws then than GOR is worthless.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 23m23 minutes ago
@RedDirtSport @Expansion_Crush The bylaws say nothing about maximizing revenues.

RedDirtSport ‏@RedDirtSport 21m21 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush Optimizing 1.3.1.4 Revenues aren't optimized as they should be * mounds of data* prove it

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 8m8 minutes ago
@RedDirtSport @Expansion_Crush But nothing has changed since the GoR was signed.

Expansion_crush ‏@Expansion_Crush 5m5 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @RedDirtSport Except potentially 45 million dollars. Potentially.....there hasnt been a press conference yet.

RedDirtSport ‏@RedDirtSport 33m33 minutes ago
@Expansion_Crush @flugempire Mountains of evidence been presented that the league isn't doing that

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 31m31 minutes ago
@RedDirtSport @Expansion_Crush It's an interesting proposition.It may have some validity to it.. But would OU used gathered info alone?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 30m30 minutes ago
@RedDirtSport @Expansion_Crush In other words...could OU get KU on board to put forward this proposition forward?

RedDirtSport ‏@RedDirtSport 28m28 minutes ago
@flugempire @Expansion_Crush If the Texas bloc blocks expansion I don't think OU will need a reason to need a second challenger. Deuces

RedDirtSport ‏@RedDirtSport 26m26 minutes ago
@flugempire @Expansion_Crush 1.3.1.4 .

Expansion_crush ‏@Expansion_Crush 20m20 minutes ago
@RedDirtSport @flugempire whats that?

RedDirtSport ‏@RedDirtSport 19m19 minutes ago
@Expansion_Crush @flugempire Google the Big 12 Bylaws. Leagues responsibility to optimize revenue

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 24m24 minutes ago
@RedDirtSport @Expansion_Crush And Teas & OU are more bound than anyone because they wrote the damn GoR.

RedDirtSport ‏@RedDirtSport 22m22 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush then those two are best position to wreck it. Boren is not playing

ME: Something is happening in Okie-land. ;)

Reaction Score
If I were making a case for UConn in CR I'd leave football attendance out of my argument.

I have no horses in this race but, your're not going to give up on this, correct? This is a take it to the grave thing....just sayin

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They were just out in Phoenix and give UConn very low odds of being an option

-n6cAPu3_normal.jpg
Stewart Mandel (@slmandel)
5/5/16, 7:30 PM
New Audible: Where we list our top four Big 12 expansion choices and answer a whole lot of emails. soundcloud.com/the-audible/5-…

The thing I take away from all this is that national sports writers have zero business instincts. "The B12 is falling further and further behind the B1G and the SEC. No one they add can match them. Therefore they should do nothing to minimize that gap." Huh? These clowns think UConn is behind Cincy, BYU, UCF, Memphis AND Houston. Do they think the athletic success and scandals and mismanagement at Rutgers led to their massive payday? Everyone except Texas should be begging for expansion and doing everything humanly possible to put together a conference network and championship game or this conference will be left in a dust bowl in 5 years and tens of millions of dollars in annual revenue with it for all but OK, KS, and Tx. But UConn does nothing for the B12. Duh.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Over a year has now passed and there is really nothing of substance. Even our new AD has stated that CR will happen if it is meant to be. I think Skiblet's source was likely incorrect.

You haven't figured out this stuff moves at a glacial pace? The big 12 journey started the moment they got snubbed from the CFP over 16 months ago.

Reaction Score
The thing I take away from all this is that national sports writers have zero business instincts. "The B12 is falling further and further behind the B1G and the SEC. No one they add can match them. Therefore they should do nothing to minimize that gap." Huh? These clowns think UConn is behind Cincy, BYU, UCF, Memphis AND Houston. Do they think the athletic success and scandals and mismanagement at Rutgers led to their massive payday? Everyone except Texas should be begging for expansion and doing everything humanly possible to put together a conference network and championship game or this conference will be left in a dust bowl in 5 years and tens of millions of dollars in annual revenue with it for all but OK, KS, and Tx. But UConn does nothing for the B12. Duh.

You are 100% right national reporters have zero business instincts.

But what worries me is what they do have: sources and influence.

If so many national reporters are down on UConn it worries me that

1) They know something.

2) They know nothing, but are influencing the decision makers.

So, yeah, not feeling so great.

Reaction Score
People need to get something. We have the biggest brand, we have all the numbers and we have the best market. The grids don't lie. We are a giant among G5s. The reason these regional pi** ants don't back us is the same reason Cuse fans call us mid major, BC fans pretend they don't think we're rivals and UCF fans think they have any rational means justifying their place beside us. Everybody loves to tear down a winner. Look at the way people relish Deflategate. We will compete, we will win titles and we will push some schools down a notch in any P5 conference. They don't want that.

Why do fans and writers in Memphis or Houston leave us off their list of B12 prospects despite us being by far and away the best option? Because it is all they've got. What else can they do but make light of us? They can't compete on paper or on the field.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom