Non-Key Tweets | Page 953 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
LOL...Title IX...non discrimination because of sex....if men's teams have the same travel, no problemo...

By your reasoning, FSU women would have a Title IX grievance about travelling all the way to Boston and Syracuse.

Heck, the Women's Soccer team is in Texas...just played TCU in Fort Worth and now on to College Station to play the Aggies...Title IX, Title IX...the Title IX sky is falling.
Can’t tell if you are being deliberately misleading.

The point - a good one at that - is that for the 100 guys playing one sport and traveling charter on weekends 6 times a year, there are like 7+ women’s teams flying coach mid-week tens of times.

I’m with Nelson. No slam dunk, but I’d be the plaintiff if I had a choice.

Reaction Score
I think it will be a Title IX problem. The issue will be football and basketball fly charter and no other sports do. Thus, somebody could make a stink that women athletes are being discriminated against because they make up the vast majority of non revenue sports athletes (because they offset the 85 football scholarships) and they do not fly charter.
That's how it's always been though. Women's basketball digs for the tournament suck compared to the guys digs because not many people care about women's basketball, they typically don't bring in money.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The easiest troll on the Boneyard is getting old men to opine with absolute confidence about women’s sports.

Reaction Score
That's how it's always been though. Women's basketball digs for the tournament suck compared to the guys digs because not many people care about women's basketball, they typically don't bring in money.
are hotels selected by the NCAA or the schools? If its the schools that can be a Title IX issue, if its the NCAA then it isn't. Now, sure the schools could be using the NCAA to do their dirty work but so it goes.

Reaction Score
It's funny ... no body wants to leave or add conferences but it's all happening anyways. Well except for UConn. Cal and Stanford will eventually get the votes.

Reaction Score

Not only is that a non-key tweet, it's fictitious. They could join a conference that doesn't play football and play football only in the ACC, but as all conferences have basketball they couldn't join the WCC or Big West for olympic sports and play hoops in the ACC. And why in the world would the ACC dilute their basketball brand and greatly increase their travel to add Cal.

Football only is a theoretical possibilty. Football and basketball is not under current rules.

Reaction Score
It's funny ... no body wants to leave or add conferences but it's all happening anyways. Well except for UConn. Cal and Stanford will eventually get the votes.
We're just not that useful to conferences I guess. I'll just keep enjoying our trophies and parades while they count their TV money.

Reaction Score
This is not how Title IX works. By your logic, women's sports should have full contact practices in pads just because football does it. Here is the text of Title IX:

A really strong case will be made that requiring 2000 mile midweek travel is discriminating against female athletes based on their sex/gender. It may not be a slam dunk, but this is one of those cases where I would much rather be the plaintiff than the defendant. And it is not out of the question that a judge could issue an injunction to prevent the schools from moving conferences.

The easiest solution for the NCAA is to simply amend the rules to let football be in separate conferences.
If male athletes are being forced to do it, I don't see how there is a credible argument (if you don't care about credulity there is always an argument) that it's discriminatory to make women do it.

Reaction Score
I hope they don’t get in… I would love for uconn to form a football conference with them… and keep our basketball in the big east

Reaction Score
I hope they don’t get in… I would love for uconn to form a football conference with them… and keep our basketball in the big east
who should be in a PAC football conference along with UConn?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This was how Ed Cooley talked about UConn hoops. Willard also i believe.
I think Willard was joking.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom