Non-Key Tweets | Page 945 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
There is probably going to be a lawsuit filed within 6 months to a year by a women’s team claiming that these conference realignment moves are a Title IX violation, and they are going to win.

It actually won’t be worth it for schools to fight it. Women are almost 60% of college students today and the Demographic Cliff is a year away. No school wants to be on the wrong side of this issue. The major conferences need to come up with a workaround on this issue, fast.
Couldn't agree more. It has already happened. UConn had to reinstate women's crew.
Football and Basketball not going anywhere but schools will cut track and field, lacrosse and other non revenue sports in order to comply.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Couldn't agree more. It has already happened. UConn had to reinstate women's crew.
Football and Basketball not going anywhere but schools will cut track and field, lacrosse and other non revenue sports in order to comply.

That is not what I am saying, but thanks for making this political.

My point is that the Title IX violation is requiring women’s sports to travel 2000 miles for midweek games to accommodate a conference created for football. The simple solution is to break off football from other conference affiliations.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It’s amazing that when the gamed out the long term impact of the GOR that they didn’t see this outcome.
At the time Swofford felt it was a brilliant move because a) it removed the fear of the ACC being raided by the big two and b) it put ND in a situation where it remaining independent in football was no longer a possibility, they would have to join the ACC in football.

He felt surviving long term (by not losing marquee schools) would be how the ACC would remain a power conference while the B-12 and P-12 would over time be decimated by the big two. He also believed that at some point ND will not be able to continue as a football independent and that would be a major prize for the ACC.

What he didn't foresee was that the media contract could become obsolete well before they hit the homestretch in the GOR term. The security of the GOR became a prison for the higher profile members once they saw what they viewed as far that lesser schools (UCF in FSU's eyes) being in position to make more from media revenue than they were making. They never anticipated the landscaped being altered to the level it was and I imagine they never had an inclusion in their contract to adjust to current market if at some future point the market changed sufficiently out of fear of the possibility that it could lead to the contract being negotiated down.

It can be said that the GOR is the ACC's Maginot Line.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

My point is that the Title IX violation is requiring women’s sports to travel 2000 miles for midweek games to accommodate a conference created for football. The simple solution is to break off football from other conference affiliations.
If the non-revenue men's sports are doing the same it would be difficult to argue that this is unfair treatment of the women participating in the schools NCAA sponsored sports. It is about equal treatment,

Reaction Score

Equal treatment...men's lacrosse, soccer, etc....will have the same travel requirements....

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If the non-revenue men's sports are doing the same it would be difficult to argue that this is unfair treatment of the women participating in the schools NCAA sponsored sports. It is about equal treatment,

Tell the young ladies on those teams to “man up”. Let me know how it goes.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Non responsive comment,

It is precisely responsive to a bunch of old men arguing that female athletes should just deal with the consequences of a conference alignment decision that was made with absolutely no regard for them.

Reaction Score
It is precisely responsive to a bunch of old men arguing that female athletes should just deal with the consequences of a conference alignment decision that was made with absolutely no regard for them.
Female college athletes have been told to man up and deal with male genitalia in their locker rooms. Traveling longer on planes would seem silly compared to that.

They could also curtail that by playing more regional games in conference and less cross country flight games.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Female college athletes have been told to man up and deal with male genitalia in their locker rooms. Traveling longer on planes would seem silly compared to that.

They could also curtail that by playing more regional games in conference and less cross country flight games.

Twofer:

Random TG attack and disrespecting women’s athletics.

Are you morons too stupid to realize that women are 60% of college students and the total number of college students is about to start shrinking? Are you geezers really arguing that schools should show a staggering disrespect for these athletes, and really all women, so a bunch of old men like you can feel like you taught them a lesson?

And it is a Title IX violation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom