Non-Key Tweets | Page 928 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
It should be obvious to all what is happening.

Any talk of building an epic basketball conference, or adding schools that want to be there is just eyewash.

This is about the Big 12 and probably the B1G eliminating a rival conference. We saw this with what the ACC did to the Big East.

For the Big 12 taking anything less than the 4 corners would be a failure. Adding UConn just gets in the way of that.

It’s over guys. Better hope for the ACC or better yet just keep working on ourselves.

Reaction Score
It should be obvious to all what is happening.

Any talk of building an epic basketball conference, or adding schools that want to be there is just eyewash.

This is about the Big 12 and probably the B1G eliminating a rival conference. We saw this with what the ACC did to the Big East.

For the Big 12 taking anything less than the 4 corners would be a failure. Adding UConn just gets in the way of that.

It’s over guys. Better hope for the ACC or better yet just keep working on ourselves.
I had a sneaking suspicion that this was the Big 12’s motive all along. I think they sensed weakness in the PAC when they hit the media deal before them and wanted to cripple them by offering their members more money. Pretty savvy (bush league) move by Yormark. There’s absolutely no way the PAC can negotiate Big 12 type money ever again, even if they still remain a conference after all this

Reaction Score
I had a sneaking suspicion that this was the Big 12’s motive all along. I think they sensed weakness in the PAC when they hit the media deal before them and wanted to cripple them by offering their members more money. Pretty savvy (bush league) move by Yormark. There’s absolutely no way the PAC can negotiate Big 12 type money ever again, even if they still remain a conference after all this

I don’t have a sneaking suspicion. We’ve been bait or plan b or even c all along.

This place has too much faith in Yormark and this GoKUanon character.

Reaction Score
Huh? Colorado was 13. Arizona is 14. Who are 15 and 16? Media speculates or has sources. But we don’t know until it’s done.

It won’t be UConn. That’s a virtual certainty.

Reaction Score
UConn will live to fight another day. I think we have a real shot to get into the ACC after the SEC and B1G take the teams that they want. Just need to make the best of if and be thankful for what we have a UConn. The 2 or 3 power conferences just need to breakaway and do their own thing.

Reaction Score
This is where the tone of Ad Db’s tweet were wrong. The wind has been taking out of the fanbase’s sail. The rent won’t be packed game week 1. Continuing to promote football and garner support as an independent with no real home will be a growing struggle. The end game now is to stop the bleeding. But how?

Reaction Score
This is where the tone of Ad Db’s tweet were wrong. The wind has been taking out of the fanbase’s sail. The rent won’t be packed game week 1. Continuing to promote football and garner support as an independent with no real home will be a growing struggle. The end game now is to stop the bleeding. But how?

Bad news doesn’t get better with age. If people actually believed we were going to get in that is their fault. Benedict never set that expectation. We have lots to be excited about.

Personally I would have preferred no tweets. But the guy actually cares about engagement so credit to him.

Reaction Score
Bad news doesn’t get better with age. If people actually believed we were going to get in that is their fault. Benedict never set that expectation. We have lots to be excited about.

Personally I would have preferred no tweets. But the guy actually cares about engagement so credit to him.
You’ll see. It’s common human behavior.

What’s more likely? UConn shows sustained improvement or Mora jumps for a P5 deal? Then what?

Reaction Score

What’s more likely? UConn shows sustained improvement or Mora jumps for a P5 deal? Then what?
It think the biggest change for UConn football was not the hiring of Mora (and I really like Mora), but the willingness to invest in football and the school allowing football to take many transfers from the portal. There is no way Mora would have turned around UConn as fast as he did without the administration allowing for an increased number of transfers. There are 33 transfers on the roster this year!

Reaction Score

Then we hire another coach.

Reaction Score
Stanford and Cal spend a lot more money promoting their own patina of exclusivity than they do on athletics. They care a lot about academics, because it brings in a boatload of money to those schools.
Stanford and Cal surely may, but they weren't the only ones pontificating about academics.

Reaction Score
We reacted to Dave Benedict's tweets long before the Utah news was reported. So the biggest part of the reaction had little to do with what I consider a later confirmation.

"We're good" is practically the carbon copy of what UConn said a decade ago.

It's the right message. But it also means, "We're out."
At a minimum Dave suddenly spending all this time on Twitter means it's over one way or the other. But the vibe of distraction feels more like pushing fans to focus on our successes and move on. It's like mom offering an ice cream after we lost a game when I was 10.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
At a minimum Dave suddenly spending all this time on Twitter means it's over one way or the other. But the vibe of distraction feels more like pushing fans to focus on our successes and move on. It's like mom offering an ice cream after we lost a game when I was 10.
Dave always spent lots of time on Twitter. He's very good at engaging with us.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Screenshot_20230804-102308.png

Saw this comment on Reddit and thought it was funny.

Reaction Score
hope? do i smell hope for the huskies?
UConn is the only school that comes in to The Big 12 without any BS hassles or strings attached. Oregon getting cold feet could hold the others in place just long enough to create opportunity for you all.

Reaction Score
What I cannot understand is how the narrative continues to be that we are a second rate athletic department. We have the best overall basketball programs in the country when you look at both the men’s and women’s team. No one comes close. We continue to excel at a number of sports, and we do so without the benefit of power five money.
I think people really fail to understand the extent to which making the "non-traditional" move of leaving the AAC for a non-FBS conference was messaged as abandoning football. To many within the FBS media and whom cover the conferences that UConn would like to join, it was a clear sign that the athletic department didn't care. To them, you moved out of the FBS conference for a 1-AAA one.. you downgraded football, clearly you have sub-Sun Belt facilities, truth be damned.

If you dig in an do research, you'd see otherwise and that the move was absolutely the right one for the athletic department, ultimately increasing fan-engagement; while the university retained similar levels of revenues to continue to fund facilities, support staff, etc. However most columnists aren't going to take the time to do that without someone feeding them the information, plus even if they tried to be contrarian, they'd face the uphill battle of convincing their readers or face massive ridicule, it's much easier to go along with the narrative.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom