Non-Key Tweets | Page 904 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Here it comes.

1690575140375.jpeg

Reaction Score
Enough already.
I quantified my earlier post that I was purely speculating (even dreaming). Never said facts. I haven’t seen anything factual in your posts.
I am just pretty sure all parties will perform due diligence before making any decisions and also pretty sure no one who has posted something here knows what is going on behind the scenes.

There is nothing factual because I am agnostic. And pessimistic one at that.

I won’t believe we have options until they hold the press conference.

And I can read the Hartford Courant headline already:

“This is how close UConn was to being on the Big 12”

Reaction Score
There is nothing factual because I am agnostic. And pessimistic one at that.

I won’t believe we have options until they hold the press conference.

And I can read the Hartford Courant headline already:

“This is how close UConn was to being on the Big 12”
This person is clearly confusing "options" with "possibilities"

Reaction Score
If an ACC spot were offered, UConn admin would sign the papers immediately & tell Yormark thanks for his help getting us in. What happens in 5-10 years would not matter to get to the home we’ve always pined for. Our desire for the ACC is as strong as the desire for some PAC-10 schools to avoid the Big12. Nobody is precious or noble here. It is totally mercenary. And I am highly skeptical of basketball as our ticket to the Big12. Too much bias that goes both ways. Call it wrong, call it irrational, but it exists. I think we’ll be BE/Indy until Clemson and FSU or UNC and UVA pay their huge penalty in the 2030s and go Big 2. Hope I’m totally wrong & Big12 wants us - time is too short & football will stagnate.

Reaction Score
If an ACC spot were offered, UConn admin would sign the papers immediately & tell Yormark thanks for his help getting us in. What happens in 5-10 years would not matter to get to the home we’ve always pined for. Our desire for the ACC is as strong as the desire for some PAC-10 schools to avoid the Big12. Nobody is precious or noble here. It is totally mercenary. And I am highly skeptical of basketball as our ticket to the Big12. Too much bias that goes both ways. Call it wrong, call it irrational, but it exists. I think we’ll be BE/Indy until Clemson and FSU or UNC and UVA pay their huge penalty in the 2030s and go Big 2. Hope I’m totally wrong & Big12 wants us - time is too short & football will stagnate.

So kind of like going into the Big East for football as it was starting to crumble ... that worked out well for us...

Reaction Score
The ACC is basically Pac12 part 2. Phillips ate just as many paint chips as a kid as Kliavkoff. It's crazy to me that the member institutions are totally cool with such dummies being in charge of their destiny.

Reaction Score
The conference the ACC is closest in comparison to is the Big XII circa 2010. Smack dab in between more stable conferences, who then spent the next decade picking the Big XII apart. Now shorn of it’s most valuable properties, the Big XII is now bargain-hunting from new unstable conferences (which is what the ACC did with the BE a couple decades before). Life in the middle of the pack, eat or be eaten. Circle of life and all that.

Reaction Score
The ACC is basically Pac12 part 2. Phillips ate just as many paint chips as a kid as Kliavkoff. It's crazy to me that the member institutions are totally cool with such dummies being in charge of their destiny.
Nobody knows if 3 20+ team superconferences will be the landing point. Like I said, if the Big12 wants us, we’ll go. ACC will not grab us as a defensive plan. They plan on the P2 not moving past 18.

Reaction Score
If we get left out again and St. John’s and Gorgonzola get in as hoop only then FML.
The only way St Johns makes sense is if it's multiple Big East schools. At that point I bet Yormark could get us a Notre Dame type deal.

Just St Johns leaving wouldn't be the end of the world for the Big East.

Reaction Score
Here are our options.

Stay in the Big East

Drop down to FCS

Drop to D3 with UHart.
No we just clearly start our own football conference with army and buffalo. Makes a lot of sense.

Reaction Score
You forgot UMass

Commissioner Benedict can issue invitations to the lesser conferences top teams. Just tell them the media deal details will be out shortly

Reaction Score
If the ACC is serious, and who knows—because expansion may vitiate the GOR and the big boys could bolt—but if the ACC is serious, to me it means that Yormark (regardless of what AZ does) will immediately offer UConn a Big XII spot. Yormark was the only guy with the vision to realize the true value of UConn, something the other dolts couldn’t grasp. If so, we say yes to Yormark and start stenciling that Logo all over campus.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom