Non-Key Tweets | Page 903 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
It is. All these guys think they know all the answers.

It’s like he saying we are sitting on two invites. It’s preposterous.
It's so weird that these people get paid to do this? I need to apply and just save my boneyard postings for sports illustrated, I guess.

Reaction Score
The weird thing is it's not written as speculation. It's written as if it's fact. Imagine this dude with 104 Twitter followers broke UConn to the ACC

But I chuckled at the comment about the ACC being the only conference that can read a map.

AI isn’t making that joke.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
From the article

It almost seemed like a done deal for
the Huskies to leave the Big East for the more financially lucrative waters of the Big 12. That is until yesterday when ACC commissioner James Phillips, hoping to talk about anything other than his most prominent teams wanting to leave the conference and his involvement in everything that went down in the Northwestern scandal, made a public announcement declaring the ACC open for expansion also.

It's not well written, but I said before, if the Big XII becomes possible, UConn has to call the ACC and say "last chance". I think the ACC has felt like UConn is just there anytime they might need to add a school. So the one part this he gets right is that we are literally the only viable option for the ACC. The Big XII has many. He did also correctly note that UConn baseball value is > zero. That isn't well known. Big XII just lost a lot of baseball power too.

The Arkansas angle was a clumsy reference to FSU and Clemson joining the SEC.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm not sure that anyone would be willing to sign on to a five year longer GOR just so they can make a little less money each year.

Reaction Score
If the ACC is even in the equation, one thing to remember is under Swofford they made moves in complete silence. I have no idea if Phillips operates the same way, but there were virtually no leaks until it was all but a done deal when the ACC added teams.

Reaction Score
Many of the posts here have three sources. Insecure desperation wanting to immediately get that “P5” label, trolls getting kicks out of hassling these desperate ones, and those who may really want to jump but want to position themselves to say “I told you so”.
UCONN has many options and considering the moneys and ramifications involved, are wise to be very diligent in evaluating options.
Syracuse, BC, Pitt, and others previously mentioned have to really question the value of their realignment decisions. Obviously their fan bases can’t be happy.
There’s too much money involved and UCONN brings much more than many existing P5s.
Patience is a virtue.

Reaction Score
Many of the posts here have three sources. Insecure desperation wanting to immediately get that “P5” label, trolls getting kicks out of hassling these desperate ones, and those who may really want to jump but want to position themselves to say “I told you so”.
UCONN has many options and considering the moneys and ramifications involved, are wise to be very diligent in evaluating options.
Syracuse, BC, Pitt, and others previously mentioned have to really question the value of their realignment decisions. Obviously their fan bases can’t be happy.
There’s too much money involved and UCONN brings much more than many existing P5s.
Patience is a virtue.

And their are people like you who confuse your speculations with fact.

Reaction Score
Patience is a virtue.
Until one has offers there is no decision to be patient in making.

Reaction Score
Since when and according to who?
So many have already been speculated here. No one here really knows what’s going on behind the scenes.
They could remain in the BE and remain independent while the dust settles. Dust being if BigXII take all 4 adds from PAC, something is gonna change. Join (with others) PAC remnants in football only. Create a northeast based football only league with likes of Army, Navy, UMass, Buffalo, Temple, etc. Drop down. ACC options.
I like the idea of joining Big XII. Id especially like it if they grabbed the NYC/NE, Phoenix, and Vegas markets. But not because of desperation.
Shortsightedness has killed exciting rivalries and disenfranchised fan bases. And is simply stupid business. Hasn’t anyone realized that from our AAC fiasco. I’m much happier being a UCONN sports fan than I could imagine any Syracuse or Minnesota or Pitt ….
There’s a realistic chance college football breaks away from NCAA. And the P2 will not have enough basketball content to satisfy demand. So something is gonna change. And I sure hope UCONN doesn’t end up strong armed and handcuffed into a 20 year plus deal.

Reaction Score
So many have already been speculated here. No one here really knows what’s going on behind the scenes.
They could remain in the BE and remain independent while the dust settles. Dust being if BigXII take all 4 adds from PAC, something is gonna change. Join (with others) PAC remnants in football only. Create a northeast based football only league with likes of Army, Navy, UMass, Buffalo, Temple, etc. Drop down. ACC options.
I like the idea of joining Big XII. Id especially like it if they grabbed the NYC/NE, Phoenix, and Vegas markets. But not because of desperation.
Shortsightedness has killed exciting rivalries and disenfranchised fan bases. And is simply stupid business. Hasn’t anyone realized that from our AAC fiasco. I’m much happier being a UCONN sports fan than I could imagine any Syracuse or Minnesota or Pitt ….
There’s a realistic chance college football breaks away from NCAA. And the P2 will not have enough basketball content to satisfy demand. So something is gonna change. And I sure hope UCONN doesn’t end up strong armed and handcuffed into a 20 year plus deal.

Oh ok. So no actual "options"

Reaction Score
And there are people like you who confuse your speculations with fact.
Enough already.
I quantified my earlier post that I was purely speculating (even dreaming). Never said facts. I haven’t seen anything factual in your posts.
I am just pretty sure all parties will perform due diligence before making any decisions and also pretty sure no one who has posted something here knows what is going on behind the scenes.

Reaction Score
This how it starts. People start turning on each other. Pretty soon Boneyard Chaos ensues.

It’s all over folks. Turn in the keys and last guy out, turn out the lights…

Reaction Score
Until one has offers there is no decision to be patient in making.
Yes, but as a lawyer you know offers need to be negotiated before they become contracts. And neither side is going to publicly tip their hand.

Editing after Yankees post but agreed. Last post. Trolling anyway

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom