Non-Key Tweets | Page 885 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Sorry, I should've been more clear - timeline is important when these people's "reports" are based on that timeline.

I agree with you that in terms of when such a move would happen this summer, the timeline isn't that important. You're approaching this from the perspective that you don't care when it happens, as long as it does. The Twitter folks are not.

Reaction Score
They’ve had their expansion plan since their May meeting (which happened after Yormark’s visit to UConn).
Which included their stated criteria which seemingly lined up well for us.

Of course. Rule #1 though.

This has gone on long enough. Need a real leak tomorrow. This is ridiculous

Reaction Score
I got on sicem365 for a week and made some posts. They are so quick to dismiss their two loses to UConn. "Well, our football program was a mess for about 15 years and that was during that period" was one response. The program sucked exclusion, that I pointed out to be fair UConn would like that exclusion too, but only for a decade. No response.

Reaction Score
I couldn’t get past “if the big 12 is adding UConn you’re subsidizing their football and only adding them for basketball.” You’re also adding a great overall school in a new market that has had success in football and has a huge upside potential. Do these people not have any vision? Dumb lazy takes. So ef sick of it
The Big 12 is not subsidizing anything if we get a full media share. And the Baylor AD practically came out and said we WOULD be getting pro-rata.
The other thing that they can't get past is the stadium not being on campus. As if UConn is the only school that doesn't have a stadium on campus. I get so sick of the picking apart and knocking down UConn.

Reaction Score
The Big 12 is not subsidizing anything if we get a full media share. And the Baylor AD practically came out and said we WOULD be getting pro-rata.
The other thing that they can't get past is the stadium not being on campus. As if UConn is the only school that doesn't have a stadium on campus. I get so sick of the picking apart and knocking down UConn.
I agree. In terms of tv value, UConn men's and women's basketball are dragged down by the low value Big East teams. And football is dragged down because we are an independent... does anyone know what we get for men's basketball tv revenue, women's basketball tv revenue, and football tv revenue?

I'd take those figures and add a very nice percentage to provide a projected Big12 tv value. I bet it's damn close to 30m. Maybe something like this?:

Men's basketball: 13m
Women's basketball: 8m
Football: 9m
Total: 30m

Anybody want to kick the tires on this?

Reaction Score
they live in a traditional world and cling to their traditional ways. And you know what, UConn does have a dysfunctional campus. Don't lie about it. Mansfield government should have been buffaloed long ago.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Yeah cause ESPN would rather have the MAC on Tuesdays and Wednesdays than the PAC 12.

The Rock Eye Roll GIF by WWE
Don’t you be ripping on MACtion! Where else can you get a November Game literally played in a blizzard with 6” of snow on the field on a Wednesday night.
1CCA79A6-29D7-45D7-85CC-6C3E75B092BD.jpeg

That and MACtion costs a fraction of what the PAC is looking for.

Reaction Score
I get so sick of the picking apart and knocking down UConn.
It's literally never going to stop no matter what happens. I'm convinced we could win 16 games over our next two seasons and the narrative won't change.

The reality is that it's an easy way for people on the internet to get some attention and dopamine.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It gets complicated just adding UConn. Don't ask me why, cause I don't know if it's media partners or school presidents. All I know is if Colorado joins UConn is 14.
Good Lord here I am agreeing with a Kansas fan. But this is what I said all along. UConn only if it's Colorado (and just Colorado).

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
UConn brings more to the Big 12 than BYU, Houston, Cincinnati and UCF brought to the Big 12.
UCF, probably yes. Had we won #5 sooner, we might have replaced UCF. The others? Nope. Vastly better football, and evidently BYU was critical to the new TV deal. BYU has a lot of TV pull.

Reaction Score
That move was purely football. BYU the only brand. Still annoys me UCF is P5.
Say what you want about UCF but they invested in football wisely. Hired Frost who was a homerun there and followed up with Malzahn. Paid good money. UConn sorta paid good money for Diaco but extened him after going 6-7, and immediately fired him. That turned out to be a boondoggle when coupled with the KO mess and the result was bringing in Edsall on the cheap which were wasted years.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Say what you want about UCF but they invested in football wisely. Hired Frost who was a homerun there and followed up with Malzahn. Paid good money. UConn sorta paid good money for Diaco but extened him after going 6-7, and immediately fired him. That turned out to be a boondoggle when coupled with the KO mess and the result was bringing in Edsall on the cheap which were wasted years.
UCF tantalizes because it's a huge school in central Florida. But it hasn't lived up the expectations, because I'm not sure anybody becomes a UCF fan given the other programs in the state. When you're a kid, you are picking UF or FSU or Miami. So even if you don't get in to those and go to UCF, are you really a fan? USF has the same problem, but without the investment you mentioned.

Reaction Score
UCF tantalizes because it's a huge school in central Florida. But it hasn't lived up the expectations, because I'm not sure anybody becomes a UCF fan given the other programs in the state. When you're a kid, you are picking UF or FSU or Miami. So even if you don't get in to those and go to UCF, are you really a fan? USF has the same problem, but without the investment you mentioned.

The talent pool in FL is so deep there are opportunities to identify very good players missed by UF/FSU/Miami. We find them too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom