Non-Key Tweets | Page 878 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Pretty good opinion piece with the exception of this quote towards the end that sticks in my craw as an alum, fan and competitor (well, at least mentally, now that I'm slightly past my prime):

"Football will never be great, but could be competitive, and draw more fan interest."

"Will never be great" and "could be competitive" are not words any high level athlete or great coach will ever utter. Nor would a diehard fan. But they might make for some good locker room signage.
Yeah, caught that too.
Weak.

Reaction Score
UConn has had full raucous stadiums. This baloney about UConn football being unable to adapt needs to be smacked down. The media loves to perpetuate a lazy agenda. Yormark said he doesn’t view what a school has been, it’s what they can become. Give UConn the resources and Mora‘s leadership and we’ll be just fine competitively in the Big 12.

IMG_4763.jpeg

Reaction Score
UConn has had full raucous stadiums. This baloney about UConn football being unable to adapt needs to be smacked down. The media loves to perpetuate a lazy agenda. Yormark said he doesn’t view what a school has been, it’s what they can become. Give UConn the resources and Mora‘s leadership and we’ll be just fine competitively in the Big 12.

View attachment 89921
RG III said the toughest place he ever played at is UConn stadium the Rent. This coming from a Texas who played at Texas, OU etc.

With transfer portal and Mora are the helm, UConn can become a good football team very quickly. We need a big season.

Reaction Score
Right in my 8 day guesstimate range on the other thread. I do not have inside information. Just putting together the tea leaves and straws in the wind from some very deliberately vague statements designed to tell us not to despare but otherwise nothing else. So ... let's get 'er done. I am looking forward to an explosion on this board.

Btw, that Hearst Newspapers editorial did not happen in a vacuum. I think it was deliberately timed in coordination with UConn. I would bet the farm on it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom