Non-Key Tweets | Page 515 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 6h6 hours ago
Even ESPN is saying BYUtv would be a problem with a B12N
What the Big 12's expansion wish list should look like

Antonio ‏@AntonioATX May 6
@MH ver3 is SDSU on the radar if they add BYU?

@AntonioATX unfortunately no. California would be great for recruiting and TV but talk about an outlier.

Flying T ‏@TAZERFL0YD 4h4 hours agoHamilton, TX
@Bluevodreal @MH ver3 @flugempire Predictions on where TCU is in 8 years? http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/eye-on-college-football/25579532/friday-five-the-most-attractive-big-12-schools-to-the-rest-of-the-power-five…

Ch4l-JcUYAE5uGx.jpg

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 2h2 hours ago
@TAZERFL0YD @Bluevodreal @flugempire imagine that:a story biased against B12 that is by a network that has no B12 programming

Here's what's getting on my nerves

I've kept people informed for years of the goings on in this entire process

I've been called everything imaginable. Troll, liar, crazy-you name it

But here we are on the tip of the cliff about to plunge off and I'm still getting the same vitriol from people.

I've been ahead of the national media on all this yet still get mountains of crap

Rant over.

RodneyRuxin ‏@DevonEIARR 2h2 hours ago
@MH ver3 any concrete idea on front runners??

@DevonEIARR just what I'm hearing from WVU. Most likely UC and Uconn in all sports. Possibly BYU and UCF in football.

RodneyRuxin ‏@DevonEIARR 2h2 hours ago
@MH ver3 interesting so would we be a 12 or 14 team conference if BYU and UCF are just football?

@DevonEIARR 13?

Chad Bailiff ‏@Cjbay26 2h2 hours ago
@MH ver3 block them out

@Cjbay26 I just needed some steam release. @HoppyKercheval knows what I mean.

Chad Bailiff ‏@Cjbay26 2h2 hours ago
@MH ver3 @HoppyKercheval I understand..gotta vent sometimes

@Cjbay26 nope. Let them talk. When we finally do expand they will just say things like "even a stopped clock is right twice a day"

@Cjbay26 it's a hate the messenger/shoot the messenger type thing.

@Cjbay26 most of them are just mad their team won't get in

Omega Supreme ‏@OmegaSupreme914 2h2 hours ago
@MH ver3 You receive no flack from me.

@OmegaSupreme914 you're one of my OG.

Omega Supreme ‏@OmegaSupreme914 2h2 hours ago
@MH ver3 no doubt

ME: Oh, my! The bright lights of fame must be getting to him. :D

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 11h11 hours ago
Nice to meet you Colorado State. How are you?

WVU.Matt ‏@bagelknot 22h22 hours agoFlorida, USA
@theDudeofWV I haven't said much to u lately. But, ur wrong on this. The Big 12 will expand, and soon. I don't like it, but it's happening.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 11h11 hours ago
@bagelknot Texas has the votes in hand to block expansion.

Martin borg ‏@Martyaborg 10h10 hours ago
@theDudeofWV is CSU and BYU seen as a package or individual in teams of big 12 expansion thinking?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 9h9 hours ago
@Martyaborg No idea.

Omega Supreme ‏@OmegaSupreme914 12h12 hours ago
@flugempire So what about the media rights deals and unfinished deals

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 9h9 hours ago
@OmegaSupreme914 @Expansion_Crush Your much better off subscribing to the Sports Business Journal than asking @flugempire.

Andy smith ‏@Doctor_alesmith 8h8 hours agoShaker Heights, OH
@theDudeofWV @OmegaSupreme914 @Expansion_Crush @flugempire why scribe they tweet out all their good stuff for free

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 7h7 hours ago
@Doctor_alesmith @OmegaSupreme914 @Expansion_Crush Not really. You get details and alerts. They know first.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 11h11 hours ago
@OmegaSupreme914 We didn't even talk about it...honestly everything was rushed. We had to move up dinner 2 hours b/c of BTM schedule.

Brooke ‏@brooke322 10h10 hours ago
@flugempire what's GOR?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 9h9 hours ago
@brooke322 Grant Of Rights.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 11h11 hours ago
@OmegaSupreme914 Sorry man, only real nugget from last night was if UT doesn't go forward with B12 Reform it indicates UT is adios as well

Chuck CarltonVerified account‏@ChuckCarltonDMN
Things evolve, fairly or not. Look at the Big East 10 years ago in football. Five of the eight are in power 5 conferences now.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 8h8 hours ago
@ChuckCarltonDMN BC, Pitt, Miami, VT, WVU, Syracuse, Louisville & Rutgers. All Big East at one time.

I know I'm going to regret this but I'm curious what Flugar is saying about the Big 12.

Stuart Waugh ‏@sg2waugh 7h7 hours ago
@theDudeofWV Summary UT values OU Fox= OU, ESPN= UT OU likes BYU/Cincy, Fox no Fox likes UCF, ESPN no Orlando Cincy +UConn ahead of +Memphis

@sg2waugh Plus expansion not possible without network. Texas has votes to block expansion. No decision until late summer.

@sg2waugh Big 12 composition committee has no order of preference other than at least 1 in the east.

@sg2waugh Fox & ESPN have no say. UCF & Memphis are out. Cincy, BYU, CSU, UCONN the finalists.

@theDudeofWV I disagree, media ($ talks) has a voice that is heard. right on one thing. It's all about OU-UT relationship, rest pawns

@sg2waugh The B12's TV contract has a clause that maintains average payout no matter who is added.

@sg2waugh Plus remember ESPN's reaction when BC said that ESPN told them who to add?

@theDudeofWV Plausible deniability Never write down what can be said in person, never speak what a nod can say

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV
@sg2waugh Finally ESPN & Fox advised the Big 12 who to add in 2012: nobody.

@theDudeofWV I was giving a summary of what he said. I gave no opinion on the content

@sg2waugh Yea. I corrected him. Thanks for the efficient summary.

@sg2waugh I wonder what happened to UC/UCONN being a lock. Or Houston...

@theDudeofWV I still wonder does anything keep OU, KU, UT in B12 after 2024? Any expansion really depends on B12N happening to pay for it

@sg2waugh The truth is UT & OU are immune. UT was #2 & OU #8 in revenue last year.

Shawn Bayliss ‏@Smtbay1 7h7 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @sg2waugh my fear is that the big 12 jettisons WVU and moves west by adding the byu, bsu and csu

@theDudeofWV That's why it's all about their relationship. The $ is BS to both. If they don't get along they'll go their separate ways.

Is he still saying BYU is out & UCONN & Cincy are locks? Or has the B1G targeted the B12 now instead of the ACC?

Thunder Dome ‏@Stormy0891 5h5 hours agoHighland, UT
@theDudeofWV @sg2waugh not according to former commissioner, wvu was recommended over byu

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 2h2 hours ago
@Stormy0891 @sg2waugh That was 2011.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 6h6 hours ago
Hartford Courant: 1/2 "They know who we are and what we are," one UConn official said. "They have all our stats."

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 6h6 hours ago
Hartford Courant: 2/2 "They know more about us than we know about us and they have consultants updating that."

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 5h5 hours ago
http://m.omaha.com/news/education/under-perlman-unl-set-bigger-goals-that-paid-off-in/article_91c28227-c0f2-5105-9e9f-24ba7ab0ccff.html?mode=jqm… #nebraska #bigten

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 4h4 hours ago
Doug Retweeted Greg Flugaur

Tell me Boren doesn't want the adoration at OU

Bill ‏@IrishBillATL 7h7 hours ago
@MH ver3 is Colorado State not even in the discussion?

MH ver3 ‏@MHver3 6h6 hours ago
@IrishBillATL you know they actually are. They weren't in the top schools discussed but there is support for them with ISU and a few more.

Could we see a B12N without the Longhorns? Fox has proposed that very idea to Boren and Gee.

What would the ramifications be of a B12N without UT?

Storrs South ‏@UConn6thBorough 6h6 hours ago
@MH ver3 an even more dysfunctional conference

@UConn6thBorough i tend to agree. And one UT would probably eventually leave.

Storrs South ‏@UConn6thBorough 6h6 hours ago
@MH ver3 when UT plays other teams in conference there would be two networks covering the game? Yuck.

MH ver3 ‏@MHver3 6h6 hours ago
For one, Fox favors adding a school in Florida and Cincy. Also fox is keen on Uconn as they are right in ESPN's backyard.

Fox is lukewarm to BYU

Reaction Score
[MHver3 Also, FOX is keen on UConn as they are right in ESPN's backyard.]

This go-round feels a lot different, doesn't it? In this CR environment "money" would likely overcome the kind of petty rationale used to keep us out before (like BC envy or Blumenthal). Our incremental value lies squarely in our location. It's about a TV network looking to gain traction and either keep---or seek a competitive advantage in the NYC/NE market, coupled with the strategic maneuvering of one conference looking to either extend its reach---or foreclose the penetration of another into this eyeball lucrative area. That's the reason (beyond the purely athletic) we are near the top of the list. It makes it all the more puzzling why the ACC and B1G along with ESPN would leave us dangling as low fruit and allow the Big XII/FOX to gain a foothold here.

Reaction Score
[ Also, FOX is keen on UConn as they are right in ESPN's backyard.]

This go-round feels a lot different, doesn't it? In this CR environment "money" would likely overcome the kind of petty rationale used to keep us out before (like BC envy or Blumenthal). Our incremental value lies squarely in our location. It's about a TV network looking to gain traction and either keep---or seek a competitive advantage in the NYC/NE market, coupled with the strategic maneuvering of one conference looking to either extend its reach---or foreclose the penetration of another into this eyeball lucrative area. That's the reason (beyond the purely athletic) we are near the top of the list. It makes it all the more puzzling why the ACC and B1G along with ESPN would leave us dangling as low fruit and allow the Big XII/FOX to gain a foothold here.
Maybe they aren't. I know I am the minority but until the B1g announces another hockey member, I am holding out hope. Yes, hockey. I have always maintained that UConn invested in hockey at the time it did for one reason only. It wasn't to join hockey east. I also don't believe that UConn has to bring 50 million to the table day 1. If anyone can project out, it's Delaney and it's obvious that in due time, with the right conference affiliation, UConn is one if the few schools out there that can grow. What would UConn bring to the B1g 5-10-15 years down the road? A heck of a lot more than they can now. A heck of a lot more school that are currently considered B1g candidates.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Maybe they aren't. I know I am the minority but until the B1g announces another hockey member, I am holding out hope. Yes, hockey. I have always maintained that UConn invested in hockey at the time it did for one reason only. It wasn't to join hockey east. I also don't believe that UConn has to bring 50 million to the table day 1. If anyone can project out, it's Delaney and it's obvious that in due time, with the right conference affiliation, UConn is one if the few schools out there that can grow. What would UConn bring to the B1g 5-10-15 years down the road? A heck of a lot more than they can now. A heck of a lot more school that are currently considered B1g candidates.
Could also be why feet are dragging so much on a new barn. Could be, since B1G prob would not care if games were played at the XL or out in a pasture.

Reaction Score
Sometimes the obviously poisoned cheese offered by dubious tweeters can look enticing. I liked Flugar’s tale of Texas and OU working together for the greater good so much I was tempted to believe it until I read this.

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 2h2 hours ago
BTM: Texas has options. ACC/INDY and possible SEC options. OU and KU move to Big Ten. Possible other B12 pieces move.

Flugar has been brainwashed too much by lonely Nebraska fans’ vindictive fantasy of wrestling OU and Kansas away from the Big 12 and screwing Texas.

Like the B12 would invite non-AAU OU before AAU Texas if Texas was looking to move. Right.

And like Texas would screw all of its non-revenue sports teams by going independent.

And like A&M, Georgia, Florida and South Carolina don’t have a pact to vote against any further SEC expansion in their states.

Yeah… Flugar doesn’t know quite as much as he thinks he knows.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You know, despite the incredible speculations on the part of Lambert and MH ver 3 somewhat tainting public opinion, WVU has really been an absolutely wonderful addition to the Big 12 conference.
I get the sense that there has been some buyers remorse on the WVU's part. The money is good and P5 status is great, but being and island has been tough on them financially and negatively impacts the fan's ability to travel. It was their best option at the time though.

Now if the Big 12 goes east, life gets better for them. West? Not so much.

Reaction Score
I get the sense that there has been some buyers remorse on the WVU's part. The money is good and P5 status is great, but being and island has been tough on them financially and negatively impacts the fan's ability to travel. It was their best option at the time though.

Now if the Big 12 goes east, life gets better for them. West? Not so much.

I agree.

And I think the Big 12 owes them that.

In hindsight, instead of taking TCU and arguing about whether to take WVU and Louisville, the Big 12 should've taken both WVU and Louisville and passed on TCU.

Yes, TCU has a good football team and pretty uniforms, but...

The Big 12 already had the north Texas market covered with OU and with an enrollment of 10,000 or so, TCU is such a small school any way.

Reaction Score
Football revenues have driven conference realignment over the past few years, but it's due to a quirk in the NCAA revenue model. Football revenues mostly stay with conferences. Basketball revenues (think NCAA tournament) on the other hand, get haircut by the NCAA to fund their bureaucracy, non-revenue sports, and other divisions. College basketball is just as lucrative as college football, but the way revenues are distributed, football revenues are currently more important. Could the revenue distribution model change in the future? Don't know, but if I was a conference commissioner, I would make sure I had a strong basketball conference as well as a strong football conference. In other words, basketball should matter.

Reaction Score
You know, despite the incredible speculations on the part of Lambert and MH ver 3 somewhat tainting public opinion, WVU has really been an absolutely wonderful addition to the Big 12 conference.

WVU's saga should be a cautionary tale to the Big12 programs. There is no place like home and when you lose geographic relevance it harms your program.

In fairness to WVU the Big East was imploding and they had to take the only chair at the P5 table they could get. It is hard to feel too sorry for them compared to where we are now. Sadly UConn is now in the same situation as WVU was which means taking any P5 offer we can get.

All that said, the vast majority of teams who leave their original conference are later disappointed. Sure Nebraska may have more money but do they feel the same relevance in the BIG? What about Syracuse, Pittsburgh and BC...are they better off now than they were in BE? Rutgers has a lot of money but to date they are a punch line in the BIG. Has Colorado prospered in the PAC? Is WVU succeeding in the Big12 the way it did in the BE? Perhaps TA&M and Missouri are happier now but, if so, that is more a product of Big12 politics than SEC relevance. In summation, the only programs which IMO have benefited in conference realignment are those programs which moved up to P5 (TCU and Louisville) and not those that made lateral moves.

UT does not want the Big12 to change but it cannot stay the same, OU has made that very clear. UT is a "value add" to nearly any conference but it won't be UT's conference like the Big12. Right now Big12 teams are complaining about not playing each other every year if they expand. What about never playing each other again? Does UT want to be an "also" program behind OSU/Mich? Would the ACC ever really be home for UT? Is UT playing at 10PM at night in the PAC what they want?

Is the future UT the same without playing in a Texas focused conference against historic rivals like Oklahoma? Will any of the Big12 schools be as great as they were before if the Big12 breaks up? As the BIG/SEC shows the strength of a conference far exceeds the value of its individual members. Being the "new guy" outlier in someone else's conference never seems to be a recipe for success.

Sometime it is better to own your own smaller home than lease a luxury apartment in someone else's building....It just amazes me how most schools always take the money and think "we are the exception...we are the team that will move to another conference and flourish." I am interested to see if UT falls prey to this hubris...at the end of the day whether the Big12 survives is up to UT.

Reaction Score
And like Texas would screw all of its non-revenue sports teams by going independent.

I'm not going to get into the other stuff, but as far as this goes, I think his suggestion was the UT would play all of its other sports in the ACC while going independent in football, ND-style.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
frankthetank111 11:42am via Twitter Web Client
I've long seen BYU and Cincinnati as the top *realistic* Big 12 options. UConn is strong if geography doesn't matter. The Big 12 Expansion Index: Wake Me Up When It’s All Over
Highlights:

• To be sure, how well a school plays football (and to a much lesser extent, basketball) is certainly relevant, but TV markets, demographic changes and academic rankings are factors that really get university presidents get much more engaged.
  • Football Brand Value (30 points) It must be emphasized that Football Brand Value puts much more weight on the long-term history and financial underpinnings of a program over short-term or recent success.
  • National TV Value (15 points) As with the Football Brand Value category, there is much more weight on programs with longer histories of being national TV draws as opposed to the flavors of the moment.
  • Local TV Value (10 points) – 10 points will be granted to a top 25 market, 7 points to a 26-50 market, 3 point to a 51-75 market, and then 0 points after that.
  • Demographics/Recruiting Value (20 points) – The word “demographics” is really a code word for a very tangible concern for football fans and coaches: football recruits.
  • Academics (5 points) – 5 points will be assigned to any school that has at least 2 of the following 3 qualifications: an AAU member, ranked in the top 100 of the US News undergraduate rankings and/or ranked in the top 300 of the ARWU world graduate school rankings. A school that has 1 of those qualifications will receive 3 points.
  • Basketball Value (5 points) – An elite program and/or fan base will receive 5 points and a solid program and/or school with a fair amount of tradition will get 3 points.
  • Geographic Fit/Need (5 points) –schools in states that are located within that gap along with other states immediately adjacent to the current Big 12 footprint will receive 5 points, while everyone else will receive zero.
  • Tremendous Upside Potential/Monopoly Power (10 points) –As a result, much like an unpolished prospect with a lot of athleticism in the NFL or NBA draft, the upside potential of a school should be taken into consideration by the Big 12. This is especially true for a school that could potentially have “monopoly power” of being the only power conference program in its home state. Other factors include whether a school is a flagship or academically elite, has a proven basketball fan base, or has made a lot of recent investments in football facilities.
CL82: These criteria are great insight into Frank's mindset, but probably not so much regarding the Big 12's analysis. 45% (the first two criteria) is history. I doubt anyone else is weighting that factor so much.

Frank's interpretation of demographics as "recruiting grounds" is tortured. Why just list "recruiting grounds" as it's own criteria. Connecticut does quite well on "demographics" but quite poorly on recruiting grounds.

So 65% of Frank's matrix has bias against us. I suspect that is why he created the last category as a kind of a "plug" giving value back to basketball and potential to move us up in the analysis. People accept that Connecticut is in play, so a matrix that ranked us as non-competitive would be suspect.

CONNECTICUT
Football Brand Value – 20
National TV Value – 10
Local TV Value – 7
Demographics/Recruiting Value – 0
Academics – 5
Basketball Value – 5
Geographic Fit/Need – 0
Tremendous Upside Potential/Monopoly Power – 10
Total: 57
Overview:
In a vacuum, UConn is arguably the most power conference-like school that isn’t in a power conference today. If this were an ACC Expansion Index, then UConn would be close to a perfect score. Frankly, there’s still a part of me that’s surprised that UConn isn’t in the ACC already, but I perfectly understand why Louisville got the nod last year. The problem with the prospect of UConn going to the Big 12 is that it’s not a good fit for what the conference is seeking in expansion. UConn has actually performed aptly in football over the past decade outside of the last couple of years, yet the New England region is a black hole when it comes for football recruiting (particularly considering how it’s a high population area) and the school’s men’s and women’s basketball prowess probably has the least value to the Big 12 out of any of the power conferences (as hoops mainly benefit conferences that either have networks like the Big Ten has or strong basketball syndication deals like the ACC). Now, UConn’s Big East pedigree and relatively strong brand name means that the school has a large amount of upside, but it may not matter to the Big 12 with Connecticut being so far geographically from the conference’s core.​

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I thought Frank the Tank posted that a couple years ago.

Tulane over UConn was something I specifically remembered.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

To give you an idea on how,old it is, he has ville picked over UCONN "last year".

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

That was based on the B1G criteria. This is slightly modified.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don't understand any of this last discussion. If a conference network is not in play, of course we're not going to the Big XII. That is why we never thought we were going to the Big XII until the conversation changed to "how do we get a network."

Here is where I slightly disagree. I think expansion happens, or is announced, even if no network is being announced at the same time. But the Big 12 has to consider strongly how each candidate would contribute to a network, since that is the future goal. My gut tells me this is where they are right now. That's why my current prediction is (a) expand with UConn and Cinci soon and (b) later...announce a network, and perhaps add two teams for football only (one of which is BYU). I think they know they can't wait until the B12N is ironed out to start inviting teams for expansion. I think that's why the spread the message about helping with a playoff so widely last week. It was the one thing they made public.

Reaction Score
Here is where I slightly disagree. I think expansion happens, or is announced, even if no network is being announced at the same time. But the Big 12 has to consider strongly how each candidate would contribute to a network, since that is the future goal. My gut tells me this is where they are right now. That's why my current prediction is (a) expand with UConn and Cinci soon and (b) later...announce a network, and perhaps add two teams for football only (one of which is BYU). I think they know they can't wait until the B12N is ironed out to start inviting teams for expansion. I think that's why the spread the message about helping with a playoff so widely last week. It was the one thing they made public.

Perfectly rational. But personally, there is so little reason for the Big XII to want UConn if it doesn't lead directly to a network, I'd be very surprised if we get invited without an announcement about a network if not simultaneously immediately afterward.

Reaction Score
In posts just after the Louisville add ( Frank ) who puts great stock in tradition. (I call him the Metternich of CR.)
proceeded to Rip UConn's short history in BCS football comparing it unfavorably with Tulane,and Kansas. If you've been on a big stage for 70 years your bound to have some Successfull ones.
I've always been hopeful of a B1G seat but have been pretty well beaten down by him.
But he told us to hold out hope that the Big 12 could add us.
I suggested Cinncy,and possibly BYU were more likely.
He hadn't even thought of either until that post.
That's well before any discussion of a conference network.
Yes without a B12 or ACC network
We're isolated from the former and blackballed by the latter
With a network we become a important get for the Big 12 and defensive must for the ACC.

Reaction Score
MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 13m13 minutes ago
And now the in-fighting at Oklahoma because the board wants the B12 to fail.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 12m12 minutes ago
OU has a landing spot in SEC and several board members want this to happen. Boren doesn't.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 10m10 minutes ago
WVU has the same landing spot as well but our board is solidly behind Gee and want the B12 to prosper.

If Boren resigns we can kiss expansion and eventually the B12 goodbye.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 11m11 minutes ago
SEC is not a good fit for OU culturally or athletically. WVU is a better fit culturally for SEC but not athletically.

Fans of both schools better hope Boren stands his ground.

As should the rest of the B12 not named UT

Joe Niro ‏@joekarenn 11m11 minutes ago
@MH ver3 SEC would take us?

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 10m10 minutes ago
@joekarenn they almost did before. If we came with OU it is assured.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 6m6 minutes ago
And OKST better hope Boren gets a handle on this or they could see the end of their partnership with OU

Frank ‏@mugtang 12m12 minutes ago
@MH ver3 why wouldn't WVU want to go to the SEC? Seems like a better move, IMO.

@mugtang would we really want to be one of the smallest fish in the biggest pond?

TheFrogCast ‏@TheFrogCastTCU 9m9 minutes ago
@MH ver3 @mugtang it would be only one of two states without boatloads of talent within 100 miles.

Frank ‏@mugtang 11m11 minutes ago
@MH ver3 that's a fair point. But it's substantially more money.

@mugtang we don't run a dirty enough fb program to even hope to compete.

Frank ‏@mugtang 11m11 minutes ago
@MH ver3
1f602.png

@mugtang it wasn't really a joke though

Frank ‏@mugtang 10m10 minutes ago
@MH ver3 I know...that's why it's funny. The $EC represents everything wrong in college football.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 9m9 minutes ago
@mugtang I'd rather see us in the ACC or B10 before the Sec.

Frank ‏@mugtang 8m8 minutes ago
@MH ver3 the ACC is a good conference. Schools with common interests, a relatively regional conference.

Jay Pritchard ‏@columbiasooner 14m14 minutes ago
@MH ver3 As a Sooner fan I agree with you somewhat on culturally but don't get the athletically comment.

@columbiasooner in regards to FB OU runs too clean of a program

Jay Pritchard ‏@columbiasooner 11m11 minutes ago
@MH ver3 Ah. Gotcha. Having lived through the horrid 90's after an awesome 80's I appreciate a clean program.

OU needs to get their house in order and fast.

And OKST better hope Boren gets a handle on this or they could see the end of their partnership with OU

King, Jeff ‏@JeffLurking 11m11 minutes ago
@MH ver3 No one says it, but did you notice that quote by Weitzenhoffer kind of implies that OU would be too spent to play in a Natty?

@JeffLurking indeed

King, Jeff ‏@JeffLurking 10m10 minutes ago
@MH ver3 Glad I'm not the only one who noticed. I thought it was pretty glaring!

Chad Rice ‏@chad_rice 3m3 minutes ago
@MH ver3 Small talk I've heard is that OSU will have a spot in SEC b/c of OSU president's relationship w/ Boren... Not sure if I believe it

Ricky Dixon ‏@RickyD224 12m12 minutes ago
@MH ver3 wvu is never going to SEC..like i told you in 1990..2005..2010..anytime

@RickyD224 had Mizzou opted to stay in B12 WVU would've been in the SEC. Sorry but it's true.

Ricky Dixon ‏@RickyD224 10m10 minutes ago
@MH ver3 yea i know how "true" ur predictions are..but not a chance..SEC only vetted WVU once in 1990 and said no way

UT only wants the B12 to stay strong and viable. They do not want Indy or another conf. OU needs to

OU needs to do the same.

Dennis DoddVerified account‏@dennisdoddcbs
David Boren could have a fight on his hands in B12 expansion — from his own board.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 1h1 hour ago
Greg Flugaur Retweeted Dennis Dodd

https://mobile.twitter.com/dennisdoddcbs/status/729715743307145218… Horse n Buggy Ideology has a hold everywhere in the Big 12.

We should all thank OU Regent Max Weitzenhoffer for his public statements...it show us the depth of emptiness within "status quo" faction.

Jake Trotter ‏@Jake_Trotter 1h1 hour ago
Spoke to OU board chair Max Weitzenhoffer, as well. He said, “I just don't feel expansion is in the best interest of our football program."

Geoffrey Mitchell ‏@geoffmitchell 1h1 hour ago
@flugempire that's his way of saying kill the B12

@geoffmitchell Yep. Same OU Regent does not like playoffs... It's the old guard. He can't stop Boren...so it's a 1 day story at best.

RedDirtSport ‏@RedDirtSport 1h1 hour ago
The dude is saying just kill the league so i'll give a nod for that but still..

Dooley ‏@DooleyMcStitch 1h1 hour ago
Dooley Retweeted Jake Trotter

B12 schools better be updating those CR resumes. No expansion = no B12 in the next 5 years.

Greg Welch ‏@ArtDirectorBYU 46m46 minutes ago
What's going to be really funny is when Texas agrees to convert the Longhorn Network into ACCNet as a condition of joining.

Andrew Carter ‏@_andrewcarter 25m25 minutes ago
Just heard applause in the ACC TV meeting. Probably means that league has signed that billion-dollar rights deal. Unconfirmed, at this time.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 4m4 minutes ago
Greg Flugaur Retweeted Andrew Carter

https://mobile.twitter.com/_andrewcarter/status/729737673187991552… This is sarcasm by the way....

ME: Stop! Panic Time! (cue MC Hammer music) :D

Reaction Score
The trustee for Oklahoma basically shows all you need to know about why the b12 is in trouble and so far behind the b10 and sec. He understands building athletic conferences and media rights about like a high school student. These guys basically think they are going to get handed ferraris. It's easy to see why others have left. They have the creative entrepreneurial vision of a group of 8th graders.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom