Non-Key Tweets | Page 357 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
The ignorance, shown on that Board, regarding what UConn brings to the B12, was disheartening, albeit I wasn't surprised. It would be good to post Dooley's UConn's Power Conference Profile on that site!

Many of the posters have a severe case of myopia regarding markets and content. As to football potential that is a topic of speculation both on our end and theirs. But the ones who overstate the influence of Cuse and BC are simply living in the past or ignorant of the shifting dynamic that was already taking place when BC and Cuse both recognized the threat and moved to block us. They know well the value conference affiliation would have and the benefit to our football prospects at the cost of their own.

Reaction Score
That was a tweet I found. Copy and paste fail. Sorry

Last edited:
Reaction Score
.UMass might drop football in the next 5 years. Does the AAC really want to take that on? Especially since in this scenario 2 of the 3 northeast schools will be gone.

There are a lot more candidates nearby AAC land, like So. Mississippi, just one example. Maybe Georgia State is another.

Reaction Score
.UMass might drop football in the next 5 years. Does the AAC really want to take that on? Especially since in this scenario 2 of the 3 northeast schools will be gone.

There are a lot more candidates nearby AAC land, like So. Mississippi, just one example. Maybe Georgia State is another.

UMass may drop football in part because they can't find a home and it's not sustainable for them to be independent with no TV deal.

Put them in The American and they get a new lease on life. It's a game-changer for the school.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
UMass may drop football in part because they can't find a home and it's not sustainable for them to be independent with no TV deal.

Put them in The American and they get a new lease on life. It's a game-changer for the school.
Toledo??

Reaction Score
He has access to the same dumb Tweets the rest of us do and probably wants the same thing we do. I sincerely doubt he knows anything.
Possibly... But haven't schools also been known to tell recruits they are changing conferences.

Reaction Score
If I was Mike Aresco, I'd say the AAC number 1 candidate is Old Dominion. Always - from the Programs first year - had great attendance. And solid venue. Good demographic market & good recruiting area.

UMass might not be top 4. Toledo. Rebuilding new stadium Georgia State. Buffalo. See ... I hope they have a Plan b.

Reaction Score
If I was Mike Aresco, I'd say the AAC number 1 candidate is Old Dominion. Always - from the Programs first year - had great attendance. And solid venue. Good demographic market & good recruiting area.

UMass might not be top 4. Toledo. Rebuilding new stadium Georgia State. Buffalo. See ... I hope they have a Plan b.

For me, the best options have always looked to be ODU, Marshall, La Tech, and WKU.

Reaction Score

Not Southern Mississippi?

Reaction Score
If we get out of the conference I will never devote a single thought to it again.
There unfortunately are still some people on the MBB board OBSESSED with the Big East. Which is more understandable. I wonder how many people will keep serious tabs on ECU and Tulsa.

Reaction Score
There unfortunately are still some people on the MBB board OBSESSED with the Big East. Which is more understandable. I wonder how many people will keep serious tabs on ECU and Tulsa.
If UConn gets out of the AAC, I will not follow the conference any more than any other random conference. BUT, I won't root against ECU, Tulsa, etc. like I do with some Big East teams. Our situation isn't their fault. I think that's why I'd love to get into the B1G. I'd be fine with getting into the ACC, but I'd love to root against our old Big East immigrants (SU, Pitt, BC, Miami in particular) at every turn.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
If we get into the B12 and we can establish a B12N for that conference, then I will rest from CR. But if there are drags to a network, then we must all still pay attention to the B1G. Without a network, conferences are dooming themselves. There is a race going on between the B12 and ACC to see who can launch a network first. We can be a HUGE piece to that. Seems like ESPN is downsizing while FOX wants to up their ante in the game. That points to B12 > ACC at this very moment.

Reaction Score
It's not unreasonable for basketball fans to continue following old conference teams like Villanova, Georgetown, PC (this year), Marquette, and the like. They're relevant. Tulsa, Tulane, and ECU couldn't be less relevant.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
He has access to the same dumb Tweets the rest of us do and probably wants the same thing we do. I sincerely doubt he knows anything.
or he was just really looking forward to OU-KU bb game?

Reaction Score
So the TOS has a thread on this and the Daily Campus Writer who tweeted about sources is commenting on it? Maybe more of us need to subscribe....but not me....definitely not me.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
So the TOS has a thread on this and the Daily Campus Writer who tweeted about sources is commenting on it? Maybe more of us need to subscribe....but not me....definitely not me.
He's now with theuconnblog and their writers are also affiliated with TOS.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom