Non-Key Tweets | Page 26 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
From September, 2011

Tranghese also discussed whether the Big Ten would pursue Rutgers and Connecticut.
"I don't think so. ... Before the Big Ten took Nebraska, knowing Jim Delany as well as I do ... Jim did a lot of work. He did a lot of analysis, and I believe that Rutgers was looked at, and Pittsburgh was looked at, and Syracuse was looked at, and Connecticut was looked at. And a lot of schools were looked at. And I think the Big Ten came to the conclusion that the addition of any one of those schools wasn't going to deliver them the New York market. ... So that's why I think that ultimately led them to Nebraska. Now they sit there and they ask themselves the same question: Can they get the New York market with Rutgers or Connecticut? You can do it with Notre Dame."

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/33548/tranghese-big-ten-could-be-big-winner
He was very Pro-Catholic schools and either had an agenda or was living in the past!All RU fans scoff at that statement as well they should!ND?maybe 25 years ago but along with Mike Francesa no one under 40 listens to the FAN unless there Yankee fans cause if you did they'd tell you CFB is dead in NYC.I believe its growing even at the HS level as more and more bigtime southern schools are now recruiting NYC where even 5 or 6 years ago they didn't even bother!!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Went fishing with a group of friends on Long Island Sound a number of years ago. We were halfway between Long Island and CT. Incredible day. No clouds, temps in the low 80's, and the sea was calm as a lake. Everything was perfect except there were no fish biting. We were one of thirty boats anchored in the area and nothing was happening. After a couple of hours of running out of things to say we were beginning to talk about packing it in. And then all four of us stood up with excitement. Saw this happening in a couple of boats. Yet still no activity with the fish. A couple of minutes go by and bam, the blues were running by our boats and people were catching fish B!G time.

There was no sensory evidence that fish were heading our way. Nothing on the scanners, nothing to the eye. And yet we all knew something was going down well before the action took place.

The rest of you can look for hard evidence, clues, that will feed your hope. I've felt for some time UConn was B!G bound because I got the same weird feeling about this happening that I had well before the Bluefish reached our area. So forget the tweets from our WV weirdoes. Forget those UConn fans that are from Missouri. Forget about Mr. Tank and anyone that says UConn is not heading to the B!G. Dispense with logic for once in your lives. Just be patient! Its going to happen!

Reaction Score
Believe me as an RU fan I think events could/would take over and between Md/PSU/RU/UConn and there would quickly be some real stimulating hot rivalries between all the Midatlantic/NE schools in the Eastern wing of the B1G making the B1G bigger in the East than the BE in its heyday and loads of $ for the BTN!!
I 'ave been saying the same things for years.
The resident geniuses on the BY have called me a dreamer. Also worse.
Its good to see I'm not alone in my vision. I'm also originally from Western Ct which gives me a more NY centric view. (60 Miles from the real Yankee Stadium). If the B1G isolates BC and Cuse. They will strike a big blow to the ACC exdpansion. Uconn is the only remaining link.I can't believe anyone in the ACC has seen this danger.
The view that the North East is professional sports only is pathecially redicules.
Big time college football abandoned the NE not the other way around. The northeast is about entertainment value. If entertainment is provided by college football it will become huge.
Its essentially the same agrument used against Eastern College basketball (DOA in the 60'sand70's)until the Big East came along.
Maybe its age. These younger guys buy into these existing paradigms. The're much to influenced by the group speak they are bombarded with.
Us older guys recognize events are always changing the current landscape.

What is the difference between a dreamer and a visionary?

Reaction Score
Would have been nice if UMass could make it to the B1G along with us. They are probably headed to the AAC. Or C-USA.

Reaction Score
Went fishing with a group of friends on Long Island Sound a number of years ago. We were halfway between Long Island and CT. Incredible day. No clouds, temps in the low 80's, and the sea was calm as a lake. Everything was perfect except there were no fish biting. We were one of thirty boats anchored in the area and nothing was happening. After a couple of hours of running out of things to say we were beginning to talk about packing it in. And then all four of us stood up with excitement. Saw this happening in a couple of boats. Yet still no activity with the fish. A couple of minutes go by and bam, the blues were running by our boats and people were catching fish B!G time.

There was no sensory evidence that fish were heading our way. Nothing on the scanners, nothing to the eye. And yet we all knew something was going down well before the action took place.

The rest of you can look for hard evidence, clues, that will feed your hope. I've felt for some time UConn was B!G bound because I got the same weird feeling about this happening that I had well before the Bluefish reached our area. So forget the tweets from our WV weirdoes. Forget those UConn fans that are from Missouri. Forget about Mr. Tank and anyone that says UConn is not heading to the B!G. Dispense with logic for once in your lives. Just be patient! Its going to happen!

Interesting. I and others I have fished with have an uncanny habit of commenting that we are about to catch a big one the second before the big one strikes. Maybe the fish are people whisperers.

Reaction Score
Would have been nice if UMass could make it to the B1G along with us. They are probably headed to the AAC. Or C-USA.

Ain't gonna happen.

But, in a magical world where UConn is in the B1G, I'd hope, if UMass had ever made itself worthy (doubtful), UConn would be receptive.

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
Though I have no desire for UMass to be on equal terms with us, I do wish the two of us couldmake BC even more irrelevant.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Interesting. I and others I have fished with have an uncanny habit of commenting that we are about to catch a big one the second before the big one strikes. Maybe the fish are people whisperers.
I was down by the water when I got this feeling about UConn going to the B!G.:)

Reaction Score
MH3@MH33h
TO clarify from earlier: ACC has a preliminary GOR in place effective for one year. It was a rush-job done to ensure no more attrition

MH3@MH33h
The final document that is binding for the length of Espn contract has been drawn up for months now but is currently lacking ANY signatures

MH3@MH33h
The hold up is the launching of ACC network.

MH3@MH35h
One school that will not be affixing their signature to that document.

Travis Embacher@TEmbacher2h
@MH3 is this school currently aau?

MH3@MH32h
@TEmbacher Yes.

MH3@MH32h
Promises were made by espn and the preliminary agreement was put in place. Those promises havent come to fruition yet...

MH3@MH31h
@Iamgrizzly1974 @OmegaSupreme914 @NebGradDubDub but ACC core will survive 4-6 defections and expand again and remain viable

Omega Supreme@OmegaSupreme9143h
@NebGradDubDub @Iamgrizzly1974 @MH3 This may very well be a battle for the East Coast markets

Chris A. Curtis@Iamgrizzly19741h
@OmegaSupreme914 @NebGradDubDub @MH3 it is & fox may pay B1G a premium

Doug Meyer@NebGradDubDub3h
@Iamgrizzly1974 @OmegaSupreme914 @MH3 FOX is basically buying regions of the country. East coast is dominated by ESPN.

Chris A. Curtis@Iamgrizzly19743h
@OmegaSupreme914 @NebGradDubDub @MH3 Spot On OG! Delany pulling off more than anyone has a clue $400 mil ++ for expansion is game changer

MH3@MH31h
@Iamgrizzly1974 @OmegaSupreme914 @NebGradDubDub D4 will ensure survival of ACC/BigEastver3

Reaction Score
The Dude of WV@theDudeofWV1h
The B1G is desperate & they are talking again with UVA & VT as a pair. There doesn’t seem to be any way out of the GoR.

My info comes from multiple sources including an ESPN exec. and several B1G contacts.

Are there a few ACC schools unhappy that they were promised a network & now ESPN is reluctant! Sure!

Scott Poindexter@ScottPoi1h
@theDudeofWV it's been widely reported that the ACC was not "promised" a network. They knew going into the GOR that a network wasn't 4 sure

@ScottPoi That’s not what was said behind closed doors.

Transic_nyc@Transic_nyc51m
@theDudeofWV How certain are you that it is VT and UVA in discussions?

The Dude of WV@theDudeofWV44m
@Transic_nyc they are not the only ones. B1G casting a wide net.

Reaction Score

bluefish generally complete a circuit of Long Island Sound every two hours so no matter where you are they're bound to run across your line.

Reaction Score
From September, 2011

Tranghese also discussed whether the Big Ten would pursue Rutgers and Connecticut.
"I don't think so. ... Before the Big Ten took Nebraska, knowing Jim Delany as well as I do ... Jim did a lot of work. He did a lot of analysis, and I believe that Rutgers was looked at, and Pittsburgh was looked at, and Syracuse was looked at, and Connecticut was looked at. And a lot of schools were looked at. And I think the Big Ten came to the conclusion that the addition of any one of those schools wasn't going to deliver them the New York market. ... So that's why I think that ultimately led them to Nebraska. Now they sit there and they ask themselves the same question: Can they get the New York market with Rutgers or Connecticut? You can do it with Notre Dame."

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/33548/tranghese-big-ten-could-be-big-winner

Thanks for posting. I had just found the link to the radio interview and was coming to post it, and lo and behold you have already found the link to the comments.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
From September, 2011

Thanks.

Reaction Score
I 'ave been saying the same things for years.
The resident geniuses on the BY have called me a dreamer. Also worse.
Its good to see I'm not alone in my vision. I'm also originally from Western Ct which gives me a more NY centric view. (60 Miles from the real Yankee Stadium). If the B1G isolates BC and Cuse. They will strike a big blow to the ACC exdpansion. Uconn is the only remaining link.I can't believe anyone in the ACC has seen this danger.
The view that the North East is professional sports only is pathecially redicules.
Big time college football abandoned the NE not the other way around. The northeast is about entertainment value. If entertainment is provided by college football it will become huge.
Its essentially the same agrument used against Eastern College basketball (DOA in the 60'sand70's)until the Big East came along.
Maybe its age. These younger guys buy into these existing paradigms. The're much to influenced by the group speak they are bombarded with.
Us older guys recognize events are always changing the current landscape.

What is the difference between a dreamer and a visionary?
The same distance you'll find between Delany and Swofford!!Ones a genius and the other a Barney Fife bumbler.whereJim D see's growth potential Swoffy relies on advice from the BC old time conservative guard and ESPin would be insane to promote an ACC network they already own!Swoffy preferred throwing a bone to his brother-inlaw instead of looking out for the best interests of his shaky conference built like a Frankenstein monster!?!Previously the southern coaches avoided all the diamonds(recruits) in NYC while RU/Uconn/SU and other connected NE schools cultivated them and it was only a matter of time b4 the smart ones caught on Urban Meyer,Lou Saban,Brian Kelly etc and now the rush is on in the "new gold mine" NYC HSs!Too much tradition at the expense of vision is a recipe for disaster!Your a wise man ArizonaHuskyPop!Good post!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If you've watched conference realignment and think Swofford is an idiot... Yikes.

Reaction Score
If you've watched conference realignment and think Swofford is an idiot... Yikes.
Unbelieveable,I just took you off ignore(1 min ago) now I remember why!?!He's getting so little value for his moves in relation to JD its beyond debate!Already were hearing they STILL HAVEN'T signed a permanant GOR's that he needed or lose MORE members!!!Who did JD lose in CR?Wheres the beef?

Reaction Score
Unbelieveable,I just took you off ignore(1 min ago) now I remember why!?!He's getting so little value for his moves in relation to JD its beyond debate!Already were hearing they STILL HAVEN'T signed a permanant GOR's that he needed or lose MORE members!!!Who did JD lose in CR?Wheres the beef?

Regarding this statement that the ACC universities have not signed a permanent GOR ... aside from MH3 on twitter, where else has this been suggested?

Reaction Score

You're still here why?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Delany is a great commissioner too. Delany is holding pocket aces against Swofford's unsuited 7/9.

By all means put me back on ignore - you are a complete moron and the less I read from you the better.

Reaction Score
Look guys. Swofford won. Admit it. B1G should have listened to Delaney & OSU.

Murr@MurrDCU1h
@theDudeofWV what r u talking about?

@MurrDCU Delaney & OSU wanted FSU despite its non-AAU status.

Aaron@posas131h
@theDudeofWV @MurrDCU What schools agreed with OSU?

@posas13 @MurrDCU Not many. They all said FSU’s plan was great but no thanks.

@MurrDCU @JSi07 I wish, with all my heart, I could tell you guys the ACC GoR wasn’t signed. Sadly it was.

If you still doubt the ACC has a grant if rights in effect I offer you this: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/pitt-big-east/accs-new-grant-of-media-rights-has-teeth-684600/…. Read it carefully.

Scott Poindexter@ScottPoi2h
@theDudeofWV @MH3 states it hasn't been signed according to his sources. I think it has been signed.

[URL='http://the-boneyard.com/posas13/status/368889974080299008']The Dude of WV@theDudeofWV[/URL]2h@ScottPoi@MH3 It can’t be any clearer than this: http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=acc&id=54678&src=desktop…

@ScottPoi@MHver3
I called the ACC to verify. File a FOIA with FSU @ others if you want. But it HAS been signed.

@ScottPoi All 15 ACC presidents signed it before the presser. You have to be careful to filter info you want to believe that has no basis.

The Dude of WV@theDudeofWV2h
@ScottPoi I guarantee you the GoR has been signed. ESPN says so and Swofford says so. I would luv to tell you it hasn’t been.

The Dude of WV@theDudeofWV2h
@knightbengal I think B1G is stuck at 14 for 12 years. Nobody moves unless B12 expands if forced. I just don’t see a way around GoR.

justinslot

Boneyard Rutgers/Temple lurker
Reaction Score
I think Swofford is a bumbling moron myself, just less of a bumbling moron than Tranghese and Marinatto.

justinslot

Boneyard Rutgers/Temple lurker
Reaction Score
Also it's cute when the two WVU cranks twitter fight.

Reaction Score
The B1G is desperate & they are talking again with UVA & VT as a pair. There doesn’t seem to be any way out of the GoR.

My info comes from multiple sources including an ESPN exec. and several B1G contacts.

Are there a few ACC schools unhappy that they were promised a network & now ESPN is reluctant! Sure!

Scott Poindexter@ScottPoi1h
@theDudeofWV it's been widely reported that the ACC was not "promised" a network. They knew going into the GOR that a network wasn't 4 sure

@ScottPoi That’s not what was said behind closed doors.

Transic_nyc@Transic_nyc51m
@theDudeofWV How certain are you that it is VT and UVA in discussions?

The Dude of WV@theDudeofWV44m
@Transic_nyc they are not the only ones. B1G casting a wide net.

It's amazing to me that these people continue to suggest this nonsense that UVA is interested in the Big Ten Conference. UVA has told the Big Ten Conference "Thanks but No Thanks." It would be a very expensive lateral move at best. We are watching as Maryland discovers just how expensive. UVA would have to give up all of its natural rivals to go play in the rust belt and on the cornfields of a midwestern conference where we would be culturally out of place and an extreme outlier geographically. It makes zero sense.

The ACC offers the opportunity to win national championships in all the sports UVA sponsors because the ACC has a collection of schools just as successful in athletics as the Big Ten. It gives UVA the opportunity to showcase itself in the Northeast, the Southeast, and now with ND and Louisville the Midwest. The ACC regularly has 4-5 schools in the top 20 of the Director's Cup every year. There is no reason to move.

The ACC's ACCIAC is modelled after the Big Ten's CIC, so any advantage that the Big Ten has with the CIC over the ACC is quickly diminishing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom