Noel Thomas is Not Too Happy... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Noel Thomas is Not Too Happy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Do we have any QBs coming in?? I hope BS will do some practicing with receivers this off season...and the same with the other OBs...

Reaction Score
Do we have any QBs coming in?? I hope BS will do some practicing with receivers this off season...and the same with the other OBs...
Yeah..we have 3 coming in with this class...Rose, Hahn and Williams

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Yeah..we have 3 coming in with this class...Rose, Hahn and Williams

I may be wrong, but I believe Hahn is coming here as a safety.

Reaction Score
I did too...but from what I was told by my buddy (who is a former RBC and UCONN co-Capt and still lives down that way) he was promised a shot at competing at QB. He told me safety is Hahn's best position though..and that the can lay the lumber from back there.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I did too...but from what I was told by my buddy (who is a former RBC and UCONN co-Capt and still lives down that way) he was promised a shot at competing at QB. He told me safety is Hahn's best position though..and that the can lay the lumber from back there.

My sister's family lives in Shrewsbury and my niece is an athlete at Red Bank Regional, RBC's local rival. It's a small community and my niece and nephew's told me they all heard the same exact thing that FDNY posted. I predict he'll be a very good safety for us.

Reaction Score
My sister's family lives in Shrewsbury and my niece is an athlete at Red Bank Regional, RBC's local rival. It's a small community and my niece and nephew's told me they all heard the same exact thing that FDNY posted. I predict he'll be a very good safety for us.

Careful, you'll be accused of leaking some inside info!:)

Reaction Score
I just did...but unlike your source for the MD coaching hire...my source is solid....and unlike your sources for team news and gossip my source doesn't push me to one side. Just the facts from a former player who wants to see his alma mater win and play good football....and kids who play for his HS go to college and have good careers.

Last edited:

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

I also heard some sort of story about 6 Ella's, 4 Emma's, 3 Britney's and 1 Sophie but I was sworn to secrecy.

I made the mistake of asking my niece "what's new?" at Christmas.

Reaction Score
I just did...but unlike your source for the MD coaching hire...my source is solid....and unlike your sources for team news and gossip my source doesn't push me to one side. Just the facts from a former player who wants to see his alma mater win and play good football....and kids who play for his HS go to college and have good careers.
Sorry but I think you're sounding a little dramatic here.

Reaction Score
Sorry but I think you're sounding a little dramatic here.
LMFAO...you are quite comical here Nos... you should go read your posts when it comes to the team (your relationships with the parents consistently makes your view 1 sided and gossip like) and your "sources" for the MD hire were so far off base it wasn't even in the ball park ( you will be getting it from me on that one for a while since you decided to get uppity and tell me you knew all about that hiring process)! So please keep the insider posts coming...they do add so much to the threads here. It's like reading the Page Six section of the NY Post when you put posts containing info from your UCONN Football sources up.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
huskymedic said:
Venting over. He's all better ;)

NoelThomas05 8:23am via Twitter for iPhone
I'll always bleed blue..

... and his only two tweets (neither which were significantly out of bounds) no longer appear. Tough to be young in this unforgiving day and age.

I figured this would be the end result. Someone probably told him to keep those thoughts in house, and he deleted them. He is young, I am sure it won't happen again. Lesson learned.

Reaction Score
There is a time and a place. There is never a time to publicly voice dissapointment in coaches. If a player has an issue, they can speak to their coaches in the locker room. Hopefully Thomas learns from this.

I doubt this little "eruption" was the result of one game going poorly. And we don't know he hasn't already approached the coaches multiple times. Our sputtering offense has one signature win over a turnover prone Houston looking ahead mainly because of 2 Thomas TD's. If you're that guy and your Bowl week practices are being spent trying to get more touches to an offensive tackle something's seriously wrong.

Noel's poor judgement in tweeting his frustration publicly leaves him something to answer for. But I'm thinking maybe it's time they did a better job of honestly explaining to him his role and value, or lack thereof as it relates to the future of the team. He's worked too hard to be a spectator in an unproductive offense.

Reaction Score
Mountain being made out of a molehill.

He made two innocuous tweets. One said "unbelievable" and the other said something to the effect of (paraphrasing) - "I won't have zero catches again"... His biggest "offense" was retweeting all the UConn fan comments to him/egging him on thereafter. He realized (or someone who's important to him pointed out) the narrative that was developing and he addressed that today. He's a smart kid by all reports.

NoelThomas05 3:20pm via Twitter for iPhone
Family. We'll be back.
CXQjCQrUsAA9Vu1.jpg

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Mountain being made out of a molehill and some people are making things up as they go along.

He made two innocuous tweets. One said "unbelievable" and the other said something to the effect of (paraphrasing) - "I won't have zero catches again"... His biggest "offense" was retweeting all the UConn fan comments to him. He realized (or someone who's important to him pointed out) the narrative that was developing and he addressed that today.

Family. We'll be back.
CXQjCQrUsAA9Vu1.jpg

Time to move on.

Noel has more than earned a "free pass". He Tweeted he'll always #bleedblue and I 100% believe him.

Reaction Score
Mountain being made out of a molehill.

He made two innocuous tweets. One said "unbelievable" and the other said something to the effect of (paraphrasing) - "I won't have zero catches again"... His biggest "offense" was retweeting all the UConn fan comments to him/egging him on thereafter. He realized (or someone who's important to him pointed out) the narrative that was developing and he addressed that today. He's a smart kid by all reports.

Family. We'll be back.
CXQjCQrUsAA9Vu1.jpg
So there WERE UConn fans there. With the wonky set up it looked there wasn't even a uconn section.

Reaction Score
LMFAO...you are quite comical here Nos... you should go read your posts when it comes to the team (your relationships with the parents consistently makes your view 1 sided and gossip like) and your "sources" for the MD hire were so far off base it wasn't even in the ball park ( you will be getting it from me on that one for a while since you decided to get uppity and tell me you knew all about that hiring process)! So please keep the insider posts coming...they do add so much to the threads here. It's like reading the Page Six section of the NY Post when you put posts containing info from your UCONN Football sources up.
Nostical is a good guy. Obviously very enthusiastic.

Reaction Score
Nostical is a good guy. Obviously very enthusiastic.
You forgot to add the most passionate UCONN fan on here...just ask him..he'll be more than happy to tell you.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
They held a team that averages scoring in the mid 30s to 16. They did that without tackling anyone and allowing 11-17 on third down.

The defensive scheme was not an issue. If they had a functional offense it wouldn't even be discussed.

It was the same defensive scheme that beat Houston - they were just nice enough to play a back up QB and turn the ball over 4 times in their own end.
When I was a kid waatching the giants in the 60's there was a running joke that the defense would come off the field saying "c'mon guys, hold 'em!" to the offense coming on. I can't say that I ever thought I'd see that concept implemented as a season-long strategy but we just a spent a whole season trying to play D on offense. My strong hope is that this is something the staff felt they were forced into by an inability to block well enough to run a real offense and that as the line continues to improve, so will the offensive strategy. That is the 64 million dollar question for next year; and the line is really so bad that next year might not be enough.

Reaction Score
You forgot to add the most passionate UCONN fan on here...just ask him..he'll be more than happy to tell you.

Ha! Well, you started this size matters debate. This is what I am happy to tell you. I'm no LESS passionate than any of you self proclaimed root for the "program" and "front of the jersey" folks. By the way FD, were you in St. Petersburg? Just wondering how far your passion goes. And if you had a Christmas conflict I can understand, but can you please give us all your criteria that best defines a passionate fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom