No White, No Larrier ... Robinson is a must get | The Boneyard

No White, No Larrier ... Robinson is a must get

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Once again I reiterate EVERYONE must be at midnight madness, I don't care if you don't enjoy it we have to show Robinson our fan base.

#BleedBlue

Reaction Score
If the fan base is what will sell DR - we are in trouble.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Robinson is a must get at this points champs. If we say next to everyone we're going to be left with 2* players.

Reaction Score
Robinson is a must get at this points champs. If we say next to everyone we're going to be left with 2* players.
This is starting to get discouraging. I know you cant get upset over losing out on recruits but it comes to a point where you need to bring in more talent for the future and settling for 2 and 3 star players wont help going forward.

Reaction Score

People throw the term "must get" out there much too loosely. Recruiting is a crap shoot - we should know that by now. There could be a kid out there ranked 277th that turns out to be better than the 52nd ranked kid - happens all the time. The 2014/15 team is going to have plenty of talent whether we get anybody else or not, I'm just not sure what all the distress here lately is all about.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
The one time I hope those idiots are right.

To be fair, they've been very good about almost everyone we've recruited. Only real exception is Abu.

Reaction Score
A couple thoughts. There will be some other stud recruits at Midnight Madness as wel. The Govan kid from Long Island will be there. Kid is big.

As for Devin, if UConn can land him, I feel sorry for people trying to defend this team. I liked Larrier because I thought he could bring the thunder like a Stanley Robinson, a slasher, but Robinson has much more of a Rudy Gay feel to him. The kid is silky smooth out there. He really looks like he's going to nail the J. consistently, and move on to the NBA and have a good career. Not that Larrier won't, but in the NBA you have to knock down shots. When you see Robinson, you see a kid just looks like a natural. Much more skilled.

That's the thing about all our recruits. Hamilton, Purvis, Robinson, added to Calhoun, and Newberry too, they look so good shooting from all over the court. I just wanted a lunch pail guy in the mix, and I think Larrier has the body and the demeanor to add those extra elements in a way maybe that the others can't.

Reaction Score
The only reason anyone is a "must" get is to have hopes the Debbie-Downers will STFU..........we're fine! May be a tougher road for KO and staff but with time and adjustment they will be back and strong, no worries........

Ten Toes In..........We are Uconn :D

Reaction Score
While I agree that nobody is a must get we really do kind of need Devin Robinson for next year. He is the highest ranked kid we are involved with and is a perfect fit for us, with Daniels leaving after this year Robinson is the perfect replacement. While I would have liked getting Larrier VCU was involved with him a lot longer than us. They recruited him hard for two years and that clearly matters. We are the first major school to recruit Robinson and have always thought we will get him and still do. I know it stinks missing out on recruits but it's not time to get discouraged. If we don't get Robinson then it's time to be discouraged.

Reaction Score
Devin Robinson would be a great fit, more of a 3/4 which would fill a couple needs instead of Larrier who is more of a 2/3 like Hamilton.

Reaction Score
A couple thoughts. There will be some other stud recruits at Midnight Madness as wel. The Govan kid from Long Island will be there. Kid is big.

As for Devin, if UConn can land him, I feel sorry for people trying to defend this team. I liked Larrier because I thought he could bring the thunder like a Stanley Robinson, a slasher, but Robinson has much more of a Rudy Gay feel to him. The kid is silky smooth out there. He really looks like he's going to nail the J. consistently, and move on to the NBA and have a good career. Not that Larrier won't, but in the NBA you have to knock down shots. When you see Robinson, you see a kid just looks like a natural. Much more skilled.

That's the thing about all our recruits. Hamilton, Purvis, Robinson, added to Calhoun, and Newberry too, they look so good shooting from all over the court. I just wanted a lunch pail guy in the mix, and I think Larrier has the body and the demeanor to add those extra elements in a way maybe that the others can't.

We need to be in all out HAVOC mode for Robinson. I think we get him and 3UConn goes 1/3. That 1 though is the most important get.

Reaction Score

Devin would be a great addition to the lineage of WingU. Truthfully, I have always wanted Robinson over Larrier and feared that if TL committed early, that was it for Devin. I think its a lot easier to find that lunch pail type guy later, he even could already be on our roster! Its a lot harder to find a kid with Devin's ability!

U

UCONNfan1

I'm just going to assume we land no one else during the fall period and end up in the spring landing a guy like we did with Okafor.

I mean this as kindly as possible, but come on people - get a friggin grip. This is Ollie's first full season. He landed 2 (that's two - as in a pair) of highly regarded 5-star recruits. He also solidified Brimah, Facey and Samuel - all kids who were recruited when JC was the head coach. Let's put a pause on the angst and let Ollie do his work.

In previous threads, I said (and I think a bunch of others did) that it was amazing and great to see Ollie casting such a wide net. So this is the result of that. We are going to have WAY more swings and misses.

Reaction Score
While I agree that nobody is a must get we really do kind of need Devin Robinson for next year. He is the highest ranked kid we are involved with and is a perfect fit for us, with Daniels leaving after this year Robinson is the perfect replacement. While I would have liked getting Larrier VCU was involved with him a lot longer than us. They recruited him hard for two years and that clearly matters. We are the first major school to recruit Robinson and have always thought we will get him and still do. I know it stinks missing out on recruits but it's not time to get discouraged. If we don't get Robinson then it's time to be discouraged.

One thing I believe we're a bit ahead of ourselves on and maybe a reason some of these higher ranked kids are NOT coming is Deandre. While it looks like Deadre can become one of the best players in the country next year if he continues his confidence building end of season play last year there is no guarantee.........his size/strength, handle may need 4 years to go the highest he can go in the draft..........this could hold kids back who eant to play right away - same with Boat.........that makes a difference in some kids minds and the coaches on the other side are selling this!!

Reaction Score
What does Indiana have at his spot? Are they still main competition? Do they have any targets for same spot?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
What does Indiana have at his spot? Are they still main competition? Do they have any targets for same spot?

1 - Not much
2 - Yes
3 - Not really

Reaction Score
One thing I believe we're a bit ahead of ourselves on and maybe a reason some of these higher ranked kids are NOT coming is Deandre. While it looks like Deadre can become one of the best players in the country next year if he continues his confidence building end of season play last year there is no guarantee.........his size/strength, handle may need 4 years to go the highest he can go in the draft..........this could hold kids back who eant to play right away - same with Boat.........that makes a difference in some kids minds and the coaches on the other side are selling this!!

Exactly. Kids like Larrier aren't looking at the UConn roster and saying, "Daniels is a shoe-in for the draft, so there will be plenty of minutes available." Instead they see Calhoun, Purvis, Hamilton, and Daniels all on the wing playing 30-35 minutes a game and Nolan and Facey playing another 20-30 themselves. People who think any single 2014 recruit is going to make or break are season are way off. Boatright and Daniels are the two most important 2014 recruits, by far. They're the difference between a national title contender and a re-building year. We have no clue whether D-Rob or Larrier will move the needle at all in their freshman seasons.

Reaction Score
I believe tomorrow is when Coach Ollie will have his in home visit with Robinson.

Reaction Score
Devin would be a great addition to the lineage of WingU. Truthfully, I have always wanted Robinson over Larrier and feared that if TL committed early, that was it for Devin. I think its a lot easier to find that lunch pail type guy later, he even could already be on our roster! Its a lot harder to find a kid with Devin's ability!
We all felt if we got TL....we lost Devin.

I would have liked TL ...but would love Mr. Robinson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom