No Whaley | Page 4 | The Boneyard

No Whaley

Curiouser
Reaction Score
He should be able to reviver and go at that age and level of conditioning unless he’s sick. I would assume he has the flu or something percolating.
Then I would assume that you didn’t see his shorts after the game on Wednesday. They were literally soaking wet with sweat. There was no battling harder or longer than him.

Reaction Score
The recruiting has been great. But we need a stud PG recruit. The ceiling for a team led by Cole is probably the 2nd round. Maybe sweet 16. And obviously gaffney is not the answer. Jury still out in diggins.

COLE is the one limiting this team's ceiling? That is certainly a hell of a take. Let me offer some alternatives:

• Jackson and Whaley have decided that scoring is lame.
  • We have 2 consistent ballhandlers instead of 3 or 4--one of whom can't play the PG and isn't actually that good of a ballhandler.

Despite all this we have a hell of a team because of our defense and some early lights out shooting. Finally playing faster helps a lot too.

But the idea that Cole is limiting us is nuts. The kid is averaging 13/2/4.5 with only 1.7 TOs. He's shooting 42% from 3, was the ONLY player to hit a 3 for us yesterday, and played fantastic defense late despite the boneheaded call. He's making his FTs in the clutch. Yeah, the kid isn't Kemba or Shabaz... but that's a high-major caliber starting PG if I ever saw one.

Reaction Score
He should be able to reviver and go at that age and level of conditioning unless he’s sick. I would assume he has the flu or something percolating.

I shall repeat my question: Have you ever passed out from exhaustion and played a sport at a high level 18 hours later?

I'll make it easier: have you ever passed out from exhaustion and competed in ANY sports 18 hours later?

Because this take is just as stupid as the first time I heard it.

Reaction Score
Try any average college football summer camp pre rule changes going 3 times a day with contact 7 days a week for a few few weeks. Yes. I know of very few athletes that pass out from exhaustion unless they are sick. They may be sore, fatigued and operating at less than optimal levels, but no they can go. The nurse has the correct answer.

Reaction Score
That was very intense high level play, but if he hydrates properly maybe some limited minutes. Doctors have has plenty of time to check him out to make sure.

Reaction Score
But the idea that Cole is limiting us is nuts. The kid is averaging 13/2/4.5 with only 1.7 TOs. He's shooting 42% from 3, was the ONLY player to hit a 3 for us yesterday, and played fantastic defense late despite the boneheaded call. He's making his FTs in the clutch. Yeah, the kid isn't Kemba or Shabaz... but that's a high-major caliber starting PG if I ever saw one.
;) RJ has been chastised since he got here. But he shows his grit and toughness game in and game out period.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I shall repeat my question: Have you ever passed out from exhaustion and played a sport at a high level 18 hours later?

I'll make it easier: have you ever passed out from exhaustion and competed in ANY sports 18 hours later?

Because this take is just as stupid as the first time I heard it.

I think they split the difference. Play him, but not in long stretches and not for more than 20 minutes. That should be enough to keep him safe. Maybe he comes off the bench as the backup 5.

Reaction Score
Whaley now a 3 threat opens up a lot of possibilities. He’s open so shoot.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Whaley now a 3 threat opens up a lot of possibilities. He’s open so shoot.
Seems you forgot that game when Whaley took a 3 at the end and missed for a loss. Whaley didn't have a single friend here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom