No Timeline For Azzi’s Return | The Boneyard

No Timeline For Azzi’s Return

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If this team didn’t have bad luck, they wouldn’t have any luck at all.

Hope she gets better soon. I’m starting to worry her knee is just not up to it at this point. Too much damage happening since high school to the point that any contact re-injures it. Dear God I hope not.

Reaction Score
Poor Azzi - comes out having such a great season and then a freak push and fall just kills it.

Reaction Score
I just hope that she takes as much time as she needs. Rest and heal as much as possible. No need to rush back. I just want Azzi to feel pain free and be 100% so that she can, if she plays, have fun and remove any fear or doubt from her mind. Just playing free out there.

Reaction Score
I think this was a case of no news NOT being good news.

Poor kid.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I missed Sunday’s game. How was her knee reinsured?

Reaction Score
I think this was a case of no news NOT being good news.

Poor kid.
I think this is better news than any news we would have gotten Tuesday-Thursday, i.e she was definitely out for the season.

Reaction Score
if it was simply a bruise, I'd think they'd say she's day to day or she is expected to be out for a certain number of weeks.........really disappointing.........extremely sporting of Tennessee and South Carolina to only play seven players in sympathy with UConn's plight...........:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Poor Azzi - comes out having such a great season and then a freak push and fall just kills it.
It was an intentional push, not accidental. The player may not have intended to hurt Azzi but she definitely intended to push Aaliyah. There is enough unnecessary uncalled physicality in the game. We don't need that kind of non-basketball play also.

Reaction Score
if it was simply a bruise, I'd think they'd say she's day to day or she is expected to be out for a certain number of weeks.........really disappointing.........extremely sporting of Tennessee and South Carolina to only play seven players in sympathy with UConn's plight...........:rolleyes:
Maybe it's a new policy to not comment on injuries. Some of the players in the past have had that personal policy about not answering questions pertaining to injuries.

Reaction Score
I don't think its a bruise but they said they aren't releasing timelines on players injuries anymore a few weeks ago. Its why we don't know the timeline for CD or AP.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I missed Sunday’s game. How was her knee reinsured?
The announcers speculated that Azzi knocked knees with a Georgetown player.

Personally, I thought her knee buckled on minimum contact. Given that her initial injury was a hyper-extended knee, it indicated to me that she was not quite ready for the rigors of competitive basketball.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, this season was doomed before it even started. Kudos to the team for what they have accomplished so far, in the face of such adversity.

I disagree. Of course we were without Paige and #4 recruit, Ice Brady, but the way they played against Texas, NC State and Iowa (the latter two without Dorka) proved that this team’s ceiling was high.

Reaction Score
Unfortunate series of events for Azzi, really feel badly for her. Wishing her a full recovery!

It’s been a bummer as a fan to land two of the biggest recruits of the last 5 of so years, to see both endure so many injuries. Azzi has missed 20 of 54 games to start her career. Paige has missed 38 of 86 games.

It will make it that much sweeter if they can string together a season where they are both fully healthy.

With respect to the decision by Uconn to not release any more information this year, it seems like a double edged sword. Releasing info brought criticism by fans and media, withholding information will only lead to more speculation and criticism. Just a tough season for the players, coaches, staff, and Uconn AD. Makes me really appreciate the effort the players have put in to keep the ball rolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom