No Temple - We need out of this Conf | The Boneyard

No Temple - We need out of this Conf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Unreal - Temple had an RPI of 34 - The longer we stay - we will be truly screwed. Recruits aren't going to leagues that give out 2 bids. Can't we stay in American for football and return to Big East for all other sports?

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
SMU won the conference regular season and conference championship and only had 6 losses. Yet, got a 6 seed.

Temple has RPI of 34, win over Kansas.... not in

UCLA has 1 top 100 road win and gets 11 seed!?

We definitely need to get the hell out of this conference.

Reaction Score
I wish I could disagree but I can't. Unreal that they don't get in. And SMU deserves better than 6 seed IMO.

Reaction Score
I'm gonna have to root for SMU in the tourney. We get another team pretty far and they'll have to give us some respect.

Reaction Score
I'm gonna have to root for SMU in the tourney. We get another team pretty far and they'll have to give us some respect.
Same here, that's two years in a row they got screwed. Its certainly suspicious about our conference treatment.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Ucla over temple. Speechless. This conference has zero respect. Leads me to believe that if we won today we would have been in a 16 play in game

Reaction Score
We always knew it but there has been resistance about trying to return to Big East. At this point it needs to be done in my opinion. The other conferences won't be calling anytime soon. The Big East apparently is still quite credible - Georgetown got a 4 seed and Xavier a 6 seed

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Suspicious?

In two years, it has been nothing short of criminal.

We're all dead long-term in this conference - and I say this not out of disrespect for the other schools, but out of the bias that we've seen from the committee.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I'm watching Requiem for the Big East and drinking everything in my house tonight. Words can't describe how bad I feel for Boat.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
NBE is running on fumes of the old league's rep. Long term it's just as bad as where we're at with the P5 shenanigans.

Reaction Score
Unreal - Temple had an RPI of 34 - The longer we stay - we will be truly screwed. Recruits aren't going to leagues that give out 2 bids. Can't we stay in American for football and return to Big East for all other sports?
Yes. The American is going to let you take your prestigious baksetball, and leave behind your pathetic FB program.

If there was a better option, it would have been used by now I would think.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
CSU at 29 may be the first team with 25+ wins and RPI under 30 not to make the dance in history. UCLA beat no one on the road, and their non-conference games against anyone semi decent were all blowout losses. Okie State lost something like 6 of 7. The Chair of the Selection Committee just said UCLA got in on the strength of a close loss to Arizona. He actually said that.

Tulsa and Temple had better objective resumes than Okie State, LSU, Georgia, UCLA, Ole Miss, and a case could be made for Indiana too.

You know what league was treated like a major? The Big East. Villanova got a 1 seed (probably deserved), Georgetown got a 4 seed (definitely not deserved), and St. Johns got an 8 despite announcing that their best player was basically suspended for the tournament.

This conference is a death sentence. Doing nothing is accepting that death sentence.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, the P-5 will do everything in its power do destroy this conference. We need to rejoin the Big
East in basketball and all of the rest of the sports. Hockey and football. We can play as an independent.

Reaction Score
Abundantly clear that UConn was out a long, long, long time ago.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, the P-5 will do everything in its power do destroy this conference. We need to rejoin the Big
East in Basketball and all of the rest of the sports except hockey and football we we can play as an independent.
Where you putting football?

Reaction Score
The Big East is riding older rosters with the last group of kids from the old league. Once that flushes out, the Big East will become a 2-3 bid league as well. Its clear.....................the P5 will protect its own, even in basketball.

Reaction Score
I don't care where we put football - but we can't remain in this conference or we will be irrelevant in about 5 years

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Where you putting football?

You think you are clever with that question, but you have been wrong every step of the way, and I have been right every step of the way, on this issue. Look at the AAC bids, look at our recruiting, look at the Big East bids, look at the Big East recruiting, and look at our respective money. We are insane not to be crawling to Providence and begging the Big East for an invitation tomorrow.

Reaction Score
CSU at 29 may be the first team with 25+ wins and RPI under 30 not to make the dance in history. UCLA beat no one on the road, and their non-conference games against anyone semi decent were all blowout losses. Okie State lost something like 6 of 7. The Chair of the Selection Committee just said UCLA got in on the strength of a close loss to Arizona. He actually said that.

Tulsa and Temple had better objective resumes than Okie State, LSU, Georgia, UCLA, Ole Miss, and a case could be made for Indiana too.

You know what league was treated like a major? The Big East. Villanova got a 1 seed (probably deserved), Georgetown got a 4 seed (definitely not deserved), and St. Johns got an 8 despite announcing that their best player was basically suspended for the tournament.

This conference is a death sentence. Doing nothing is accepting that death sentence.
I feel dead already.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
So according to that schmuck in the suit sos regardless of wins and losses is the determining factor. Wins against top 50-100 teams don't mean anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom