No Temple - We need out of this Conf | Page 2 | The Boneyard

No Temple - We need out of this Conf

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
We need to hire a slutty super model for president, then go "lobby" for a bid to the B10.

Reaction Score
Maybe Malloy and Susan will finally agree with the urgency the base has had for two years.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
You think you are clever with that question, but you have been wrong every step of the way, and I have been right every step of the way, on this issue. Look at the AAC bids, look at our recruiting, look at the Big East bids, look at the Big East recruiting, and look at our respective money. We are insane not to be crawling to Providence and begging the Big East for an invitation tomorrow.

I think most (if not all) of the board agrees that you're the insane one with your Big East obsession. We will not have an athletic program in 15-20 years if we rejoin the Big East. Have fun watching frat boys play rec basketball at the fieldhouse then.

Reaction Score
NBE got four at large teams. No respect for AAC. We need out soon.

Reaction Score
We had a 2 bid league this year...to put that in perspective and having reality slap you in the face, the Missouri Valley and WCC were also 2 bid leagues. The thing that has always scared me as far as this conference goes is the seeding we get in the years we make the tournament. Looking at Louisville last year and SMU this year, are we really in a situation where we cant lose more than 4-5 games if we expect to draw anything better than a 5 or 6 seed?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
So according to that schmuck in the suit sos regardless of wins and losses is the determining factor. Wins against top 50-100 teams don't mean anymore.

UCLA got in because they only lost to Arizona by 6. That is what the Chair of the Selection Committee said.

Reaction Score
You think you are clever with that question, but you have been wrong every step of the way, and I have been right every step of the way, on this issue. Look at the AAC bids, look at our recruiting, look at the Big East bids, look at the Big East recruiting, and look at our respective money. We are insane not to be crawling to Providence and begging the Big East for an invitation tomorrow.
Where are you putting football? It's not about being clever jackwagon. The MAC, the MAC just told UMass to beat feet if they don't bring their BBall. You have been right all along, you're the same jamoke that kept saying the Big East was "gonna get paid". Right all along pft.

Reaction Score
That is the dumbest thing I have ever seen on this board. We will be irrelevant in 3 years if we stay here.
Jalen Adams will keep us relevant in 3 years. I don't think we will get another recruit like him going forward unless we get out of this mess

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If the BE and A10 did well you can rule out P5 bias. Would love to know the composition of the committee. Heck Baylor should have played in the BCS and got snubbed. It's just politics.

I would say this is more about the guys in the committee protecting their own and making trades. The AAC took a hit this year. I expect a rebound next year. Everyone covered the wtf selections and misses. There were some head scratchers. The biggest loser was Temple and the biggest winner was probably UCLA. And yes there were teams that should have been lower and vice versa.

The explanations were vague and the selection is deliberately opaque. Big conspiracy? Nah. Just human horse trading. Still not fair but I like UConn's chances next year.

Reaction Score
We are definitely screwed if we drop football and likely screwed if we don't. I recommend developing an interest in the NBA.

Reaction Score
If the state spends 250 million on an arena with AHL and AAC teams as the tenants, there should be a criminal investigation.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Where are you putting football? It's not about being clever jackwagon. The MAC, the MAC just told UMass to beat feet if they don't bring their BBall. You have been right all along, you're the same jamoke that kept saying the Big East was "gonna get paid". Right all along pft.

With the exception of UConn, USF and Cincinnati, the Big East schools definitely got paid. So I was right about that.

You literally have not been right about anything. Football is falling off a cliff, and is taking basketball down with it. JUST LIKE I SAID IT WOULD. The only thing I was wrong about was that I expected the respective collapses to take a lot longer than they did. It didn't take a genius to see this coming. The AAC is a midmajor league with the committee in the space of 2 years.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
So according to that schmuck in the suit sos regardless of wins and losses is the determining factor. Wins against top 50-100 teams don't mean anymore.
Only this year. Next year there will be some "flexibility" with this.

Reaction Score
Fact is these are not even related. There is nothing that basketball will do to affect our conference situation. This is a football only conversation. Until the BIG makes another grab or every big conference decides to go to 16 we can't do anything.

UConn is still a brand. Bball still has a format where if you win you have a chance to get the title. We, of all people should know that. What becomes imperative now is to not waste any seasons......like we did this year.

The only nail in the coffin we have is if Ollie leaves. The feather in our cap we have is that UConn is still a big draw nationally in bball and we can build strong OOC schedules. We're going to have to lean on OOC heavily moving forward.

Reaction Score
We are definitely screwed if we drop football and likely screwed if we don't. I recommend developing an interest in the NBA.
Too bad the Nets went into Brooklyn. Would have been a good fit.

Reaction Score
Welcome to mid major folks. The AAC is being treated like the A 10, MAAC, MAC, Sun Belt etc. It was already pre determined, two invites for this conference and that's it. RPI, BPI, away schedule, out of conference schedule...IT'S ALL Stop! The NCAA is all about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and the AAC teams are not sexy, will not draw TV dollars and are not allowed to participate. Get as many P5 teams in as possible. They need UCLA in...Can you see it now, CBS drawing upon the John Wooden years. Get those LA dollars! Big market! Hollywood! UConn will die in this conference and staying here is a death sentence for our hoops program. But we won't go anywhere. We need to feed the football machine so we can draw 15K at the Rent, play Friday night on ESPN 8 "THE OCHO" and rake in the DI football money. Who are we? We are UConn! We are basketball blue bloods and we are dying a slow death.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
With the exception of UConn, USF and Cincinnati, the Big East schools definitely got paid. So I was right about that.

You literally have not been right about anything. Football is falling off a cliff, and is taking basketball down with it. JUST LIKE I SAID IT WOULD. The only thing I was wrong about was that I expected the respective collapses to take a lot longer than they did. It didn't take a genius to see this coming. The AAC is a midmajor league with the committee in the space of 2 years.
The Big East gave UConn a kick in the ass out the door. So you must agree with the GTown guy that said UConn didn't fit cause of FB. It is what it is. There is no better alternative or we would be in it.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The Big East gave UConn a kick in the ass out the door. So you must agree with the GTown guy that said UConn didn't fit cause of FB. It is what it is. There is no better alternative or we would be in it.

That may be true. But if the Big East won't have us, then what are the realistic probabilities of the ACC and Big 10 ever taking us?

Reaction Score
That may be true. But if the Big East won't have us, then what are the realistic probabilities of the ACC and Big 10 ever taking us?
The Big East doesn't want UConn for entirely different reasons.

In any event, it's never going to happen.

Reaction Score
Not good, WTF do you propose? I mean we can shut down the whole athletic department. Would that make you happy?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The Big East doesn't want UConn for entirely different reasons.

In any event, it's never going to happen.

You realize how stupid your logic is? You are saying we should stay in a league that is guaranteed to result in the destruction of UConn's entire athletic program because the Big East won't take us because of football. The Big East is the only potential option we have. If they want us to drop football, we should drop football, because if we stay in the American, we will be UMass in under 5 years.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Tell me why any coach with options would come to a perennial 2 bid conference, which is where we are headed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom