No Syracuse schadenfreude? | Page 11 | The Boneyard

No Syracuse schadenfreude?

Reaction Score
I love both UAlbany + Binghamton; but you now have a new reality. There were 4 Flagship University Centers and now ... there are TWO. I actually teach Finance at UAlbany and have several family members who went to Binghamton; both are solid with good futures. The new reality is Governor Hochul is elevating UBuffalo and Stony Brook with great pushes of Capital and new programs. And frankly, they both deserve it. Sports fans should recognize that AAU research institutions with 30,000 plus enrollment will have athletic department ramifications. It was only 2010 when a Assemblyman from the Bronx tried to eliminate scholarship sports in SUNY. That Cuomo nudged a upgrade of 8000 seats at Stony Brook to the trash bin of Albany because he didn't like the Republican assemblyman's position on Gay marriage. So ... I am telling you: there will be a new emphasis. I hope UAlbany knows drafting like NASCAR
You’re so right on every point. The SUNY model was flawed decades ago. No need to support 60+ campuses, and some received more funding than they should have, based on legislators’ power in Albany. I think Binghamton realized about a decade ago that it couldn’t rely on the teet of state government to feed its budget. Stenger is the right guy for the job of private fundraising. Dynamic personality. The Events Center is the nicest in America East. And this new baseball complex, funded by a $60mil gift, will be one of the best college baseball facilities in the Northeast.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom