No Signing Event @ The Dog House... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

No Signing Event @ The Dog House...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Am I the only one who has not seen, heard, or read one single credible piece of information that there will be no signing day event this year?

Some internet yahoo named Woof wrote that he spoke to somebody who said that there was a basketball game and a hockey game the same night. Woopdee doo.

How does it feel to start rumors like this? How does feel that so many bite on it?

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid that's going with this girl to Jonathan's last night, saw Bob Diaco pass out after eating tons of ice cream.
I knew it, he failed the ice cream challenge!

Reaction Score
Info is up on uconnhuskies.com

Fans can attend presser at Burton... Everything else is social media based

Reaction Score
well, there you have it. Now, from an actual source. They will indeed do a signing day central social media event, just like Notre Dame does, and we did last year due to weather.

Frankly, I'm not sure it would have been that well attended at Rentschler anyway. Pretty much the entire core fanbase of UCONN is pretty pissed off at UCONN football right now. Only one way to fix that, and we got to wait until September.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
So what's different about attending the press conference at the Burt vs. the usual event at the Rent? Asking out of ignorance having never attended. From what I can tell the difference is free grub (or maybe not free if you have to buy tickets) and a chance to shake a players / coaches hand? Am I missing something?

Reaction Score
UConn football season ticket holders and donors are invited to attend Coach Diaco’s National Signing Day Press Conference, which will be held in The Burton Family Football Complex/Mark R. Shenkman Training Center in Storrs at 4:00 p.m. Those wishing to attend, should RSVP to the UConn Athletic Marketing Office at 860-486-6949 or email to marketing@uconn.edu.

- For those Husky fans attending the men’s basketball game, the Football Signing Day Special program will be shown on the big screen in Gampel Pavilion starting at 5:45 p.m.
- Husky fans from around the world will be able to interact during the day on social media using the hashtag #huskypups.
- Coach Diaco’s press conference with the media will be shown live on UConnHuskies.com at 4:00 p.m.

Reaction Score
At least Kgun7 and Mrs Kgun7 made the cut ...

Kgun7.jpg

Reaction Score
Give the Woof a break for two important reasons:
#1 He's interested and a fan
#2 He's reporting what was told to him. Which acording to his post, he spoke with someone at the Ticket office who informed him there would be no signing day. No need to attack the guy on a fan blog site for passing on information.

Here are a few events going on:

Nebraska - http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=209842531

Florida State - https://one.fsu.edu/signingday2015

Washington - http://www.gohuskies.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30200&ATCLID=209840561

I am sure there are more. If we are having an event they should announce it or not -already.
haha looks like its $35 to attend the Nebraska signing day event. At least Youtube is Free....

Prices:
$600—Reserved Table of 10 (limited quantity; first-come; first-served basis)

$60—Reserved Seat at a table of 10 (limited quantity, first-come, first-served basis)

$35—General Admission Seating Area (B & C Levels)

All tickets include admission, heavy hors d’oeuvres and parking

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who has not seen, heard, or read one single credible piece of information that there will be no signing day event this year?

Some internet yahoo named Woof wrote that he spoke to somebody who said that there was a basketball game and a hockey game the same night. Woopdee doo.

How does it feel to start rumors like this? How does feel that so many bite on it?

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid that's going with this girl to Jonathan's last night, saw Bob Diaco pass out after eating tons of ice cream.

I feel fine for posting what I was told from the UCONN ticket office. Not sure of what rock you are living under but you could have checked this with a simple phone call and saved spewing your venom. No malice as I am sorry somebody with almost 7000 posts was in the dark on this. That and starting rumors, I am a YEE HAW GO DOGS at every game and not a yahoo.

Reaction Score
UConn football season ticket holders and donors are invited to attend Coach Diaco’s National Signing Day Press Conference, which will be held in The Burton Family Football Complex/Mark R. Shenkman Training Center in Storrs at 4:00 p.m. Those wishing to attend, should RSVP to the UConn Athletic Marketing Office at 860-486-6949 or email to marketing .

- For those Husky fans attending the men’s basketball game, the Football Signing Day Special program will be shown on the big screen in Gampel Pavilion starting at 5:45 p.m.
- Husky fans from around the world will be able to interact during the day on social media using the hashtag #huskypups.
- Coach Diaco’s press conference with the media will be shown live on UConnHuskies.com at 4:00 p.m.

Throw in a guided tour and it's a deal! ;)

The beer was flat, the chicken tenders were burnt and the pigs in the blanket were soggy in previous years! :p

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
well, there you have it. Now, from an actual source. They will indeed do a signing day central social media event, just like Notre Dame does, and we did last year due to weather.

Frankly, I'm not sure it would have been that well attended at Rentschler anyway. Pretty much the entire core fanbase of UCONN is pretty pissed off at UCONN football right now. Only one way to fix that, and we got to wait until September.

Do you not get this thread casued it?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Is everyone happy now?
Honest question- have you been to the event in prior years when they had it at the Rent? It was really well done and well attended, even during the P years. I only attended a couple, but it was great hearing the coaches break down highlights of each kid, great talking football with fellow fans. It was also held at a time that most folks could attend. All around, very high on the fan engagement scale... Attending a 4pm presser feels substantially less than that.

If they are doing tours of the facilities, I may dip out of work early to attend. Otherwise, it just feels like an afterthought.

Reaction Score
Honest question- have you been to the event in prior years when they had it at the Rent? It was really well done and well attended, even during the P years. I only attended a couple, but it was great hearing the coaches break down highlights of each kid, great talking football with fellow fans. It was also held at a time that most folks could attend. All around, very high on the fan engagement scale... Attending a 4pm presser feels substantially less than that.

If they are doing tours of the facilities, I may dip out of work early to attend. Otherwise, it just feels like an afterthought.
No. Nor have I complained about any of it. Hope everyone gets their wish. Seeing as how most don't even want to listen to Diaco speak, what's the point? It's seems to me most have heard enough. Yet they sign on here, and complain, complain, complain about every move and every word from administration and staff.

Reaction Score
My group has been to every signing day event. It was always a great time. Food was average at best and you could buy some beers. The best part was you actually felt like part of the football program. You could talk to coaches and players. You got a sense from each coach about how they felt about the players they recruited. Again it was a great night for the diehard UConn football fans. It was always highly attended .

I think they are making a big mistake going this route. At a very critical time ( season ticket renewal, hoping for P5 invite , coming off 4 terrible years), we needed something to pump us up. Cancelling old event with the social media thing is the wrong decision in my opinion.

My group was always between 8 - 12 people to attend. There are probably 2 of us that will follow the social media part. UConn football lost the other 6 - 10 people in my group. Again just don't get it.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
My group has been to every signing day event. It was always a great time. Food was average at best and you could buy some beers. The best part was you actually felt like part of the football program. You could talk to coaches and players. You got a sense from each coach about how they felt about the players they recruited. Again it was a great night for the diehard UConn football fans. It was always highly attended .

I think they are making a big mistake going this route. At a very critical time ( season ticket renewal, hoping for P5 invite , coming off 4 terrible years), we needed something to pump us up. Cancelling old event with the social media thing is the wrong decision in my opinion.

My group was always between 8 - 12 people to attend. There are probably 2 of us that will follow the social media part. UConn football lost the other 6 - 10 people in my group. Again just don't get it.

That is the biggest point is that it makes the fans feel like their part of the program and now it seems like we are something else, which is not good imho.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
No. Nor have I complained about any of it. Hope everyone gets their wish. Seeing as how most don't even want to listen to Diaco speak, what's the point? It's seems to me most have heard enough. Yet they sign on here, and complain, complain, complain about every move and every word from administration and staff.

Can you stop typing for 5 minutes? Honestly. People are participating in this thread to voice that they CARE about the football program and would like to celebrate with the students that choose our school. And yet you feel the need to be Bob Diaco's security detail.

If you don't care about the signing day, then don't comment on it. It's not that hard a concept...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Can you stop typing for 5 minutes? Honestly. People are participating in this thread to voice that they CARE about the football program and would like to celebrate in the students that choose our school. And yet you feel the need to be Bob Diaco's security detail.

If you don't care about the signing day, then don't comment on it. It's not that hard a concept...
No one said I didn't. But Thanks. Stop typing yourself.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Can you stop typing for 5 minutes? Honestly. People are participating in this thread to voice that they CARE about the football program and would like to celebrate with the students that choose our school. And yet you feel the need to be Bob Diaco's security detail.

I'm just glad people still care enough to be upset. It's better than apathy.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I'm just glad people still care enough to be upset. It's better than apathy.

For full disclosure, I have never been to one of the signing day events (hence, I hadn't commented on the thread until my previous remark...hint, hint...). But I definitely understand the desire to celebrate with the kids and make it feel special to become a Husky. And it SHOULD feel special! These kids are joining the greatest university that the world has ever seen! We are breaking records every day...literally!

Today, we became the first university to have back-to-back #1 overall picks in MLS soccer (Blake '14, Larin '15). It's just what we do. It's just who we are. We are greatness. So I definitely understand wanting to create a great environment for the incoming kids. I wonder if a last-minute mulligan can be taken by the coaching staff if the voices of the fans are loud enough...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom