No Signing Event @ The Dog House... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

No Signing Event @ The Dog House...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
This is absolutely absurd that they aren't having a Natl. Signing Day event again... Do it the next day if need be- or better yet, why and who the hell desided to schedule (not one, but) TWO major athletic events on the same day at NATIONAL SIGNING DAY for COLLEGE FOOTBALL- a sport that we're supossed to be SERIOUS about??? This is a huge fail for UConn Athletics and to us Season ticket holders's and all fans alike if they don't pull something off. Do it the next day at The Burton, make it a special tour event for Season ticket holders's after, help kickoff the season. Hugely disappointed by this... Do you guys think they'd ever have this problem at Alabama, Oregon, or Ohio State? Such BS. Non power five thinking right there...

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
So in my rage over this I just emailed the Ticket Office at Athletics about it and here's what they wrote me back:

Thank you for your inquiry. There will be more information coming soon regarding the event.

Thank you,

UConn Ticket Office

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Coach: How solid are you on that UConn committment?

Player: Solid coach I'm going to be a Husky

Coach: Son you sure you want to commit to a football program that doesn't see fit to have a signing day ceremony. Seems there is a hockey game...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Remember they can't work on the offense because they need to engage with UConn Country and sell tickets.

They can't engage with UConn Country and sell tickets because... there is a hockey game.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
So in my rage over this I just emailed the Ticket Office at Athletics about it and here's what they wrote me back:

Thank you for your inquiry. There will be more information coming soon regarding the event.

Thank you,

UConn Ticket Office
I hope they come through. The fact that we are having this discussion is still a failure, but they can make things right...

Reaction Score
This is bad because we all love this event...

but maybe it's a good thing because the AD realizes how angry the fan base is, and assumes that tough questions and angry supporters would make it uncomfortable for the coaches and staff.

If the latter is the case...at least they notice, although it's a stretch to think that.

Either way, it sucks

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I hope they come through. The fact that we are having this discussion is still a failure, but they can make things right...

P's first year they had it in the XL Exhibition Hall before a BB game. Why not do the same thing in the training facility this year?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
P's first year they had it in the XL Exhibition Hall before a BB game. Why not do the same thing in the training facility this year?
They can have it in my back yard, it's still better than not having it. Figure it out and make something work!

Reaction Score

Thank you,

UConn Ticket Office

Go get em guys n gals! Looks like we could start a ground swell! E-mailed Jeff Jacobs on his bashing article today and asked him to address this and tell the fans something we already don't know.
A quick bombardment of e-mails would be nice for Warde.
Boneyard will not allow the link for warde .manuel @ uconn.edu eliminate the spaces.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This just doesn't make sense. You would think they would want to spark some interest especially with a new 3 year commitment period coming up for season ticket holders. I usually go with 8 -12 people and greatly look forward to it each year. Many of these 8 - 12 are on the fence for season tickets next year. UConn may have just pushed most of them off the fence ( wrong side).

It is baffling that we need to pin our hopes of a P5 invite on Football team success ( on and off field) and they sabotage an event that creates excitement for the future of program. Again just do get this decision.

Reaction Score
I believe that's what they told Woof but as many on here can attest - the Ticket Office folks aren't firing on all cylinders @ times.

Last year the info came out on January 21st from Athletic Marketing...

Reaction Score
Waquoit said:
Parking was an issue discussed as why it's not being held on campus.

Reaction Score
Jeezus... This is the dumbest thing I have probably ever read. Who does this? Are they actively trying to piss off the entire fan base?

I'm moving back to the States in two years and I was looking forward to re-upping my season tix, I'm really starting to wonder if there will be tickets to re-up.

Reaction Score
My bad if this is old news, mods can delete. In conversation with the ticket office today I found out there will be no signing event at Rentschler this year. I was told it would have been a conflict with a basketball game and also a hocky game.
Last year was canceled due to snow 1st down deep, understood. The year before they actually had the UCONN St Johns game on the big screen after the event. Nothing earth shattering but this event was all about selling tickets with exposure / meet and greets with the coaches etc. Was hoping to meet our new O line coach.
Not sure why Warde and Bob would not just schedule this for another day but it was the first mental sack of 2015 for me and four others. Always enjoyed it.
I was told they will be streaming some kind of event to replace this. Not sure how many seasons tickets that is going to sell. Next teaser, spring practice or will it all be closed again?

Here is my email to the coaches and administration regarding signing day:

Word is out that there will be no signing day this year due to scheduled athletic events, UConnMHOC v. Providence @ XL @ 7:05pm and UConnMBB v. ECU @ Gampel @7:00pm.

If this is true and there will be no signing day, I would like to add my input as to why I feel this is a mistake from my perspective.

1. Dedicated Season Football Holders are upset and discouraged

The team has suffered through 4 losing seasons in a row and are not taken serious anymore. The signing day event

contributes to motivating a weary fan base. Signing day is especially important during these difficult times.

Here is the main reason why UCONN needs some kind of signing day in 2015:

1150x647

At the very least please do something to accommodate the loyal fan base.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who has not seen, heard, or read one single credible piece of information that there will be no signing day event this year?

Some internet yahoo named Woof wrote that he spoke to somebody who said that there was a basketball game and a hockey game the same night. Woopdee doo.

How does it feel to start rumors like this? How does feel that so many bite on it?

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid that's going with this girl to Jonathan's last night, saw Bob Diaco pass out after eating tons of ice cream.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Am I the only one who has not seen, heard, or read one single credible piece of information that there will be no signing day event this year?

Some internet yahoo named Woof wrote that he spoke to somebody who said that there was a basketball game and a hockey game the same night. Woopdee doo.

How does it feel to start rumors like this? How does feel that so many bite on it?

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid that's going with this girl to Jonathan's last night, saw Bob Diaco pass out after eating tons of ice cream.

Yes the absence of an invite isn't any additional evidence.

Reaction Score

Give the Woof a break for two important reasons:
#1 He's interested and a fan
#2 He's reporting what was told to him. Which acording to his post, he spoke with someone at the Ticket office who informed him there would be no signing day. No need to attack the guy on a fan blog site for passing on information.

Here are a few events going on:

Nebraska - http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=209842531

Florida State - https://one.fsu.edu/signingday2015

Washington - http://www.gohuskies.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30200&ATCLID=209840561

I am sure there are more. If we are having an event they should announce it or not -already.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Yep, UConn can clear this up in a jiffy. So far... Crickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom