No Senior Night on TV | The Boneyard

No Senior Night on TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sad to say, can't make it to the game, and we don't get CBSSN, but even if we did, they will not be showing senior night as there is a mens game on before that starts at 2:00. Every time you turn around, there is another thing that ticks you off about being in the AAC.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Let's hope that SNY shows it, or at least the highlights, on one of their Geno shows... Although with their regular season broadcasts over, I guess we will have to depend on someone posting it on YouTube...

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Sad to say, can't make it to the game, and we don't get CBSSN, but even if we did, they will not be showing senior night as there is a mens game on before that starts at 2:00. Every time you turn around, there is another thing that ticks you off about being in the AAC.
Explain how this is connected to the AAC? Uconn games have been split between numerous outlets for years with first CPTV and then SNY getting last choice on the games they broadcast. Can't remember which years but this has happened before that the festivities were not broadcast. IF CBS is smart they will have their cameras rolling and use it as halftime fill. If not I suspect Uconn and or SNY will have a camera rolling.

Reaction Score
Explain how this is connected to the AAC? Uconn games have been split between numerous outlets for years with first CPTV and then SNY getting last choice on the games they broadcast. Can't remember which years but this has happened before that the festivities were not broadcast. IF CBS is smart they will have their cameras rolling and use it as halftime fill. If not I suspect Uconn and or SNY will have a camera rolling.
IIRC, UConn had the deal with SNY for all their games, except the national games. That was over when the AAC signed the TV contracts.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
You have got to be $&@"?! kidding.

What a complete cluster if they don't somehow manage to get this on TV at some point for the fans.

Reaction Score
wont help us who live out of state :( I didn't get last years senior night either on SNY, really would like to see one!

Reaction Score
There are pros and cons for both SNY and CPTV!
Definitely. As much as I was rooting for CPTV to get the new contract and very disappointed when they didn't, you can't fault SNY for the quality of their broadcasts. it's so enjoyable to watch that HD on the widescreen. I enjoy the pre-game and post-game too and do not miss the incessant CPTV fund raising (although I certainly know and agree with their need to do so).
Hopefully there will be some type of broadcast for the Senior Night festivities. For all the diehards that cannot attend in person it's a great moment and so bittersweet!

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
So glad we're no longer on CPTV... Who wants Senior Profiles, Senior Night or Championship Season DVDs? :cool:
For those of us out of state, no CPTV has been a good thing. Too bad there is no happy medium.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Really, the Sr. Night issue is UCONN's. They are the one who allowed a situation that allowed CBSSN to be the coverage of the home game when Sr. Night is being played. They could have chosen a different night.

Reaction Score
Really, the Sr. Night issue is UCONN's. They are the one who allowed a situation that allowed CBSSN to be the coverage of the home game when Sr. Night is being played. They could have chosen a different night.

Are you sure about that? The BigEast long had a deal with CBSSN, and CBS got to pick which games it would broadcast each week. Who said this is any different?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Not to lecture anyone, but if the game is less than a sellout, I'll be disappointed. So please do make the effort to attend if you can. Stef and Bria deserve it.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Are you sure about that? The BigEast long had a deal with CBSSN, and CBS got to pick which games it would broadcast each week. Who said this is any different?
My point is that UCONN could have moved Sr. Night if this is the game CBSSN wanted. Sr. Night has not always been the last home game.

Reaction Score
My point is that UCONN could have moved Sr. Night if this is the game CBSSN wanted. Sr. Night has not always been the last home game.
Agree. We fans who could not attend the game deserve to see the ceremonies celebrating the careers of our Uconn seniors.

Reaction Score
IIRC, Geno asked the seniors a couple of years ago if they wanted Senior Night at Gampel or XL Center (or whatever it was at the time). Maybe Stef and Bria picked March 1 as Senior Night.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It's not that hard to add CBS Sports station. Heck, I live in SD and was able to add SNY to my network so i can catch every game they carry. I also happen to have the sports package that covers the CBS Sports Stations as well. Additionally, my dad, who lives in Colchester and has whatever local cable company is out there, also was able to add it.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I don't recall Senior Night being televised live the past several years. I always end up watching it on YouTube.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
It's not that hard to add CBS Sports station. Heck, I live in SD and was able to add SNY to my network so i can catch every game they carry. I also happen to have the sports package that covers the CBS Sports Stations as well. Additionally, my dad, who lives in Colchester and has whatever local cable company is out there, also was able to add it.
I think the issue is that with the scheduling on CBSSN they will not cut to Gampel until after the senior night activity is completed.
Uconn has no say in the conference schedule nor the games that ESPN and CBS choose to telecast and they typically choose the more competitive games which means UL and RU and the RU game happens to be the last game at Gampel this season. I can't remember any Senior night being held in Hartford nor it ever being anything but the last Gampel game of the year. Especially now with the Huskies of Honor being unveiled for seniors Gampel really is a must.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Oh. Well bummer for the fans. Unfortunately it sounds like UCONN didn't plan very well in this case. Hopefully there is a full house at Gampel for senior night!

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Oh. Well bummer for the fans. Unfortunately it sounds like UCONN didn't plan very well in this case. Hopefully there is a full house at Gampel for senior night!
It is basically a sell-out with a few tickets remaining.

Reaction Score
To all my boneyard friends....SOMEBODY PLEASE POST SR. NIGHT ON YOUTUBE!!!! PLEASE!!!
cork_unhappy_baby_1_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak