No Senior Night on TV | Page 3 | The Boneyard

No Senior Night on TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A little off topic, but I love what SNY has done for Uconn. The production values on the games are first class - often better than their big brothers at ESPN and light years ahead of BTN, Pac network and anyone else who is broadcasting women's basketball. I think Kerith is one of the best sideline reporters working in basketball and especially in women's basketball - and her questioning and repartee with Geno is really good. And while I am not that enamored with either Meghan or Kara partly from overexposure, the pre/post/halftime coverage is also better than what is generally available for women's basketball and actually focused on women's basketball rather than whatever the network is broadcasting on other channels or later.
And the quality, depth, and frequency of the Geno, Geno's Legacy, and All Access shows is better than anything I have seen for any college team in ANY sport. These are first class productions equal in production value to anything produced on ESPN or other networks for professional sports or produced by NBC for the Olympics in my opinion. That they are produced for a women's college basketball team is truly remarkable and I don't think people quite appreciate how extraordinary that is.
Add to above, that while not as widely distributed nor included with most basic service levels, that this programming is available in all 50 states and on most TV services and the value to Uconn and to the women's basketball program cannot easily be measured. This has to be a huge bonus to recruiting. Any HS player and their family that is contemplating Uconn as a possible school gets insights into the program, and the knowledge that even if their family and friends will not be at most of their games, they will be able to see them all with only a little effort.
I certainly hope there will be complete video of the senior night festivities but even if there isn't any (and really SNY not getting the game sort of absolves them) it is a small trade-off for everything we do get.
I agree, plus someone will post a YouTube video, and if not usually even local news channels in Connecticut offer a little coverage as well during the nightly newscasts. From a media perspective, no other program gets as much as UConn. How many other teams have 12 of their games televised on a national network?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
In other words all UCONN has to do is guarantee a crap game for the last game at home and SNY will be able to cover. Good to know for the future it. Maybe instead of scheduling Hartford early in the season they should make it the last game or Holy Cross. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I am glad SNY will have a crew there, and that we will at least get to see some of the ceremony on the postgame or the Geno show. . .

If they have a crew there I would think there's a good possibility that we might see
the senior ceremony live on the pre game show. Tune in the last 10 minutes of the
pre game show.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
If they have a crew there I would think there's a good possibility that we might see
the senior ceremony live on the pre game show. Tune in the last 10 minutes of the
pre game show.

No I think you are misunderstanding.

SNY is not broadcasting the game therefore there ares no SNY pre-game or post-game shows.

CBS SN has the game coverage and will not be covering the pre-game ceremonies as part of their coverage. They will likely switch directly to the game from another earlier men's game on that network (which begins at 2pm)

As noted above in this thread, SNY will send cameras to the game to record the pre-game ceremonies and will put together some type of package of the event to show on a Geno show later but they will not be able to broadcast it live.

Reaction Score
pre game show.
I don't think they do pre and post game shows with no game to show in between. Plus tonight is the season's last Geno show I believe, so who knows when they would show it. I'm sure parts of it will turn up in various places. Youtube has typically been the best place to see the entire ceremony if it wasn't covered on TV.

Reaction Score
No I think you are misunderstanding.

SNY is not broadcasting the game therefore there ares no SNY pre-game or post-game shows. . .

Yes, of course. I'm afraid I was thinking with my heart instead of my head.

Reaction Score
Isn't there a Geno Show on March 4th?
There isn't, but it looks like there is one on March 6th at 9:30 PM. Perhaps that is the last one. The one that just ended was #10 which I assumed was the last one as I didn't see any early next week, but looks like episode #11 next Thursday.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
A little off topic, but I love what SNY has done for Uconn. The production values on the games are first class - often better than their big brothers at ESPN and light years ahead of BTN, Pac network and anyone else who is broadcasting women's basketball. I think Kerith is one of the best sideline reporters working in basketball and especially in women's basketball - and her questioning and repartee with Geno is really good. And while I am not that enamored with either Meghan or Kara partly from overexposure, the pre/post/halftime coverage is also better than what is generally available for women's basketball and actually focused on women's basketball rather than whatever the network is broadcasting on other channels or later.
And the quality, depth, and frequency of the Geno, Geno's Legacy, and All Access shows is better than anything I have seen for any college team in ANY sport. These are first class productions equal in production value to anything produced on ESPN or other networks for professional sports or produced by NBC for the Olympics in my opinion. That they are produced for a women's college basketball team is truly remarkable and I don't think people quite appreciate how extraordinary that is.
Add to above, that while not as widely distributed nor included with most basic service levels, that this programming is available in all 50 states and on most TV services and the value to Uconn and to the women's basketball program cannot easily be measured. This has to be a huge bonus to recruiting. Any HS player and their family that is contemplating Uconn as a possible school gets insights into the program, and the knowledge that even if their family and friends will not be at most of their games, they will be able to see them all with only a little effort.
I certainly hope there will be complete video of the senior night festivities but even if there isn't any (and really SNY not getting the game sort of absolves them) it is a small trade-off for everything we do get.
Im sold, where do I send my contribution...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom