No respect for 20-21 basketball squad | Page 2 | The Boneyard

No respect for 20-21 basketball squad

Reaction Score
Are you writing Akok off for the season or considering him as a low minute nonfactor?

I’m considering him unlikely to play at all. I know he’s optimistic but that’s a terrible injury to return from.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

This April 9th article lists UConn among "5 Who Just Miss the (Top 25) Cut"

As you can see below, it is not updated to include Martin, regards Bouknight "Wait and see," and projects Akok as a starter.

"Way too early..." sounds about right.

Screenshot_20200409-161526.png

Reaction Score
Still need one more solid piece I think. Either a 3/stretch 4 or pure big man.

PG: Cole, Gaffney
SG: Bouknight, Adams
SF: Jackson, Polley
PF: Whaley, Springs
C: Carlton, Ferguson

We are good 1-3. Need either a 3/stretch 4 that allows Whaley to play the 5 or an offensive big man that allows Whaley to play the 4 without suffering on offense.
Yeah our 5 position is wack unless Carlton turns it around

Reaction Score
All I am saying is that this conference will not be easy and maybe expectations should be calmed down a little.
Who thinks the conference will be easy? It might be the best conference in the country. I'm looking at all the potential big wins we could have in the conference next season, you seem to be looking at all the potential big losses we could have.

Reaction Score
Who thinks the conference will be easy? It might be the best conference in the country. I'm looking at all the potential big wins we could have in the conference next season, you seem to be looking at all the po tential big losses we could have.
So much of the optimism is based on a nice 8 game stretch at the end of the season in a 2nd rate conference. We have lost our leading scorer and 2 best defensive players as well as our leader. CV and AG will be missed. Also 2 key players coming back from serious injuries. We also are weak at the 5. I prefer to take a wait and see attitude.

Reaction Score
Might be an unpopular opinion on here, but for now, I prefer the under-dog-chip-on-their shoulder kind of team. Something to prove, and it makes it sooo much sweater when they overachieve and surprise everyone. Dark horse.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Might be an unpopular opinion on here, but for now, I prefer the under-dog-chip-on-their shoulder kind of team. Something to prove, and it makes it sooo much sweater when they overachieve and surprise everyone. Dark horse.
I like that too, but I also wouldn't mind being a powerhouse again.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score

hungry Huskies

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
So much of the optimism is based on a nice 8 game stretch at the end of the season in a 2nd rate conference. We have lost our leading scorer and 2 best defensive players as well as our leader. CV and AG will be missed. Also 2 key players coming back from serious injuries. We also are weak at the 5. I prefer to take a wait and see attitude.

Well yeah, that's the glass-half-empty outlook. The counter to that would be that Bouknight has all-american potential, RJ Cole and Andre Jackson are two very talented pieces coming in, Whaley looked great at the end of the year (I don't think we're weak at the 5 unless you think his stretch at the end of the year was a fluke), another year of development from Gaffney/Adams, and those two players that are coming back from serious injuries weren't even on the floor for our best stretch of the season, so getting them back should be gravy.

The real truth probably lies somewhere between my optimistic outlook and your pessimistic one.

Reaction Score
We went toe to toe with Nova at Nova last seasob

We didn't have the real Bouk or Whaley when we played both Xavier and Nova and let us remind everyone Nova was 11-23 from 3. Obviously the league from top to bottom will be much tougher but it seemed that DH's kids rose to the top when required to.

Reaction Score
Actually, I bet DH starts Carlton but Whaley gets most of the minutes...
I'd be shocked if Carlton is starting next year. If he is it means he's taken a step in the right direction. The only reason I believe Hurley continued to start Carlton down the stretch when Whaley's stock was soaring and the combination of Whaley/Carlton at the 4/5 objectively wasn't working, was to avoid crushing Carlton's confidence entirely - the little that was likely remaining.

Reaction Score
Given a variety of unknowns with our roster heading into next season I think a ranking in the 30-50 range is pretty appropriate.

My starting line up prediction:
Cole
Bouk
Martin
Polley
Whaley

Reaction Score
Yep, lives down the road from me. Sold him a couch I was getting rid of a couple years ago.

must live near you. Saw him in the park on my run a few times the last couple of weeks. Heard him talking on the phone about international students or something

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Putting us as sniffing the Top 35 right now seems like a reasonable amount of "respect."

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
The fact that Andy Katz needs to buy used couches tells us everything we need to know about the quality of this journalism.

It doesn't.

Reaction Score
The fact that Andy Katz needs to buy used couches tells us everything we need to know about the quality of this journalism.
His house is massive and it was a West Elm couch, so wasn't cheap.

Reaction Score
Most rankings if not all have us in the top 40. If we win we end up in top 25. We were KenPom high 100s just before Hurley got here so this is very sufficient progress. And fair.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom