No Marching Band | Page 2 | The Boneyard

No Marching Band

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Former band nerd here.

Sucks. If they’re already canceling band at winter sports, it’s more about $$$ than safety.

Don’t care the size or ability of a group, they add so much to the atmosphere, really sucks.

Respectively disagree - the pep band product will be diminished without the fall performances. It's not unreasonable.

Reaction Score
lol...I was just thinking the same thing!! Kazoos!!

I’m in.
270D02E0-E3E1-42A0-9AA6-DB72333CB3BC.jpeg

Reaction Score
As an ancient Marching Band member, that sucks. I’m not sure people realize how much rehearsal time the band puts in during the season and especially game weeks.
I see what you are saying about practice and time put into getting ready for events, but at this point in time I don't even see practices as an option. Sucks for everyone.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I see what you are saying about practice and time put into getting ready for events, but at this point in time I don't even see practices as an option. Sucks for everyone.
Right. I think decision makers really aren’t sure what makes sense. They are definitely worried about erring on not being cautious enough. They are really in a damned if they do, damned if they don’t situation.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
These genius have no idea what the situation on the ground wil be in September. My guess is that this is driven by the need to save money not lives.
Looks like the old Palatine has made it out of quarantine. Of course this is COVID-related.

Reaction Score
If they don’t want the band there, they probably don’t want fans there either. If the decision was strictly Covid related, why would they allow 10,000 fans in Gampel, but not the band? Maybe the writing on the wall is that if there is a season, there will not be any people in the stands.

Reaction Score

>>“Our goal is to ensure that Marching Band members can participate under healthy, safe conditions while being prepared with the skills to pick up in-person activities when that is appropriate,” the statement read. “Our students’ health and safety is our primary concern, as it is throughout the University. Moving forward on the band’s regular in-person schedules for the fall semester posed too many logistical challenges to ensure we could fully adhere to the proper social distancing and health protection procedures.”<<

Alternate access link here

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom