No Huskyvision tomorrow. | The Boneyard

No Huskyvision tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In the past they used to broadcast the scoreboard feed. It was terrible quality and they missed a lot but you could see the game and it was better than radio.

This year there is no Huskyvision according to uconnhuskies.com. Anyone know why they made this decision? Is there any other video streaming happening?

Reaction Score
Ummm- Uk is ranked number 1 this year and has 15 future NBA players on their team. Might be why they are getting attention ya think?

It would be nice to see the game- I have paid every year- maybe someone can go to the game record it and post it- if UCONN does not seem interested?

Reaction Score
What sucks worse is living in southern CT where I cannot pick up WTIC except sometimes in the car. We complain that we get no respect nationally but there isn't that much support state wide.

Guess you'll be taking a 2 hour ride huh? LOL.......where in CT doesn't WTIC come in with as strong a signal is it has?

Reaction Score
Anyway to stream audio for the game? I do not feel like paying for an audio stream. I've paid for the video streams before, but not going to do this for audio. I've already asked @UConnVideo what is up with this.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
These things dont surprise me anymore, UConn just does things sometimes that make me scratch my head. UK has their damn scrimmages against UPike (wherever that is) on the SEC Network but the defending national champs have games that have historically been televised, now MIA.

Reaction Score
Is this a cheap, screw the fans if they aren't paying for seats decision? I thought Hathaway left?

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
This is pretty awful. Someone should legitimately sit in the game and video-record it and post it online. If the university has beef then they should be exposed.

I thought stuff like this would be over after the 'rebranding' and 'all-access' implementation but it turns out you can't even get access to a game. Sad.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
This is pretty awful. Someone should legitimately sit in the game and video-record it and post it online. If the university has beef then they should be exposed.

I thought stuff like this would be over after the 'rebranding' and 'all-access' implementation but it turns out you can't even get access to a game. Sad.
@tcf15

Reaction Score
Usually the games are not on tic online
correct, games are NOT available online ( via TIC online or any other station) without paying.

you MAY be able to get them streaming if you are in CT ( they determine your location), but not outside CT.

must pay ...if they are even offering

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
correct, games are NOT available online ( via TIC online or any other station) without paying.

you MAY be able to get them streaming if you are in CT ( they determine your location), but not outside CT.

must pay ...if they are even offering
Wrong. While you might not be able to listen to *WTIC* online without paying, my understanding is that the UConn IMG network is available regardless of location.

Reaction Score
i guess they did some analysis and decided it was better to be bashed for not airing the game than get bashed for poor quality of aired game.

the thing i keep coming back to is KO not wanting any media/attention/eyes on the team before some of these key recruiting battles are sorted out. the few reports that are leaking are very positive on guys that could be misconstrued as competition for playing time for guys like stone and briscoe, and could totally scare lesser talents like mack and jones away.

Reaction Score
i guess they did some analysis and decided it was better to be bashed for not airing the game than get bashed for poor quality of aired game.

the thing i keep coming back to is KO not wanting any media/attention/eyes on the team before some of these key recruiting battles are sorted out. the few reports that are leaking are very positive on guys that could be misconstrued as competition for playing time for guys like stone and briscoe, and could totally scare lesser talents like mack and jones away.

lol, I highly doubt KO limiting media access is related to recruiting. The guys watch practices/workout sessions and sometimes play in pickup during their visits so they have an idea of who is actually good or not anyway.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Due to election coverage, game will air on 96.5 FM radio.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Anyone got a ticket they don't plan to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom