No Games At Gampel Until March?? | The Boneyard

No Games At Gampel Until March??

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Yes, I realize all of us fans have had access to the complete schedule for several months.

But it just sounds insane to hear an announcer say tonight is last game at Gampel until March.

All Feb home games at XL.

Reaction Score
Yes, I realize all of us fans have had access to the complete schedule for several months.

But it just sounds insane to hear an announcer say tonight is last game at Gampel until March.

Yeah, that struck me as bizarre. A lot better atmosphere at Gampel for the most part.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Terrible! They are clearly better at Gampel and Hurley always talk about it. I bet he makes a push to have us play there more often. More Gampel = more W's.
With financial difficulties in athletic department doubt that will happen, potential for greater revenue from XL will win out. Personally I think all games should be on campus - atmosphere 100% better!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
With financial difficulties in athletic department doubt that will happen, potential for greater revenue from XL will win out. Personally I think all games should be on campus - atmosphere 100% better!
We don’t pay rent at Gampel and don’t see food/drink/park revenue at XL. There’s 5000 more seats but I’m not sure how much more revenue there is

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
We don’t pay rent at Gampel and don’t see food/drink/park revenue at XL. There’s 5000 more seats but I’m not sure how much more revenue there is

sure they are 40 mill in the hole - let’s walk away from the Hartford fanbase and lose their money too.

XL can close faster and the hockey team can play at the bolton ice palace.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
In the XL, they don't have to paper the house.

Reaction Score
Honestly it’s tough because I feel like Gampel is nicer and better bc it’s on campus and more students will be there. But more people go to the XL for games and you can fit 6,000 more people in the XL. Maybe just make Gampel a 15,000 seat building and make a bullet train from Hartford to Storrs.

Reaction Score

Was at the game tonight, it was great to see people flocking to campus early in the day to spend some time at the local bars and restaurants.

They should do every weekday home game in Hartford and every weekend home games in Storrs. Yeah it's not perfect, but neither in splitting the games in the first place.

Reaction Score
They should only play non-conference games at XL.... eventually move all games to gampel.

Oh.... don’t forget to add beer vendors.

Reaction Score
sure they are 40 mill in the hole - let’s walk away from the Hartford fanbase and lose their money too.

XL can close faster and the hockey team can play at the bolton ice palace.

I agree with a lot of your arguments on this board.

This ain’t one of ‘em.

Reaction Score
I’d give up a year salary to have all games at Gampel. Maybe one big out of conference game a year in Hartford but that’s it. Nothing beats the atmosphere in Gampel. When the students pack in, it’s loud.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I prefer the games being played at the Gampel but the legislators have made it so the XL has a number of games. I wouldn't mind if a couple early games and those during the college break at the XL, but down the stretch should be on campus

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
But at least it saves some people 20 minutes in a car, thank goodness, my God, the commute from Hartford to Storrs is like walking across the Himalayas!!!!!

That's what the students evidently think :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom