Nimari Burnett Texas Tech Transfer | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Nimari Burnett Texas Tech Transfer

Reaction Score
I'm not anti-transfer. I like both Cole and Martin. But I'd like to get to a point where their the exception and not the rule. And it's been a while.

Reaction Score
I'm not anti-transfer. I like both Cole and Martin. But I'd like to get to a point where their the exception and not the rule. And it's been a while.
Javonte Brown Ferguson was a weird situation but idk why we need another transfer to replace bouk. assuming hurley knew he was leaving why didnt we sign 4 recruits for 2021? did hurley think there would still be uncommitted guys come the spring?

that leads me to believe hurley always wanted a transfer instead. but does that imply he knew the one time transfer waiver rule will pass this summer? is hurley's preference to replace every future draft pick with a transfer as opposed to a freshmen? this is mental gymnastics

Last edited:

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Why do some Yarders feel certain that Illinois is cheating? There is an excellent article on their coach Brad Underwood in the Chicago Trib. This is a guy who took the long, long road to become the Illinois head coach. He is on record that he would like to stay with the Illini as long as they'll have him. So the guy who took forever to get the job and wants to stay at the job a long time immediately starts cheating? I'm guessing that people on the Yard believe they are cheating because of Kofi but no one on here has produced the smoking gun. Don't underestimate Orlando Antigua's ability to recruit NYC. Btw, Underwood is an excellent coach.

Reaction Score
Why do some Yarders feel certain that Illinois is cheating? There is an excellent article on their coach Brad Underwood in the Chicago Trib. This is a guy who took the long, long road to become the Illinois head coach. He is on record that he would like to stay with the Illini as long as they'll have him. So the guy who took forever to get the job and wants to stay at the job a long time immediately starts cheating? I'm guessing that people on the Yard believe they are cheating because of Kofi but no one on here has produced the smoking gun. Don't underestimate Orlando Antigua's ability to recruit NYC. Btw, Underwood is an excellent coach.
Because Lamont Evans was on Underwood’s staff at Oklahoma State. He pleaded guilty to bribery in federal court over impermissible benefits.

Antigua had an academic fraud investigation at USF as well. He also was on Calipari’s staff at Kentucky, so connect the dots there.

Last edited:

QDOG5

Reaction Score
The Evans bribery accusations did not become public until after Underwood had left OSU. The new head coach at OSU even retained Evans as an assistant. Underwood was an assistant coach at KState when Evans played there and Evans had an excellent reputation as a recruiter for South Carolina. Why wouldn't he hire him? The NCAA fraud investigation exonerated Antigua from any wrongdoing.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Evans bribery accusations did not become public until after Underwood had left OSU. The new head coach at OSU even retained Evans as an assistant. Underwood was an assistant coach at KState when Evans played there and Evans had an excellent reputation as a recruiter for South Carolina. Why wouldn't he hire him? The NCAA fraud investigation exonerated Antigua from any wrongdoing.
You ask for the smoking gun but then ignore the huge cloud of smoke in the air. Underwood may well be clean and just unlucky, but when both of his former schools are facing NCAA tournament bans this year for things that happened during his time at both schools, that's how you get that reputation

QDOG5

Reaction Score
SFA is banned for low APR scores. As was UConn under Calhoun.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If Chris Beard recruited the kid he is good. Beard is an outstanding coach and recruiter. However I sense there may be a character issue, may be wrong, but me thinks the kid thinks his crap don’t smell. Perfect fit for Illinois with their crew of egos.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom