Nimari Burnett Texas Tech Transfer | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Nimari Burnett Texas Tech Transfer

Reaction Score
I agree, but with the caveat that he's only played 12 games.

That said, I think people tend to underreact rather than overreact to that sample. It may not be the whole story, but it is a factor that should be considered.
The whole story seems like a Vance Jackson 2.0. This kid is on a reality tv show with his mom and left because of no playing time (hint: because he sucks). We don't need that type of garbage on our team anymore. No thanks

Reaction Score
The whole story seems like a Vance Jackson 2.0. This kid is on a reality tv show with his mom and left because of no playing time (hint: because he sucks). We don't need that type of garbage on our team anymore. No thanks
Didn’t know this and don’t like it either, but as others have pointed out, he’s a good FT shooter and shot 32% from 3 in the EYBL so I don’t think his shot is as bad as it looks in his limited time at Texas Tech.

Reaction Score
The list itself is super impressive. Passes my eye test with flying colors. Longggggg and free flowing athleticism. If he chooses to come here, the attitude won't be allowed to be a problem.

Reaction Score
Kind of crowded at his position, no?

Cole, Gaffney, Diggins, Hawkins, and Adams already all capable of playing the 1/2, and then Floyd coming in the next year.

The problem with this statement is "capable." I know next to nothing about Burnett, but 3 of the 5 guys you listed above are mediocre ballhandlers/playmakers and two are still in high school. To be back to where we belong, we need more bigtime guards.

Reaction Score
Bring him in. Hurley I trust. Kid has lots of raw talent to mold.

Reaction Score
waiting for @businesslawyer lawyer to chime in and label everyone in this thread INSANE for bringing up the fact he was a former 5* McDs AA. he's already spent a semester in college so highschool is ancient history.

Reaction Score

Cole, Gaffney, Diggins, Hawkins, and Adams already all capable of playing the 1/2, and then Floyd coming in the next year.
hawkins is the only guy he would be directly competing with for minutes and they can both play on the W. edit- we also have martin and aj at SF but adams and gaff should not be dictating roster moves at this point. the bottomline is we still have 2 schollys to fill.

i dont think any of the guys you listed are going to be genuine scoring threats next year either. nimari can only help there. hard pressed to find a better use of bouk's scholly than this guy.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
hawkins is the only guy he would be directly competing with for minutes and they can both play either position on the W. adams and gaff should not be dictating roster moves at this point.

i dont think any of the guys you listed are going to be genuine scoring threats next year either. nimari can only help there. hard pressed to find a better use of bouk's scholly than this guy.
He'd be competing with Martin too.

Reaction Score
The list itself is super impressive.
the list isnt that impressive actually. we are the closest thing to a blue blood on it. biggest competition would be oregon or illinois...USC since he went to school in CA. no one loves transfers more than oregon

Last edited:

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Yikes I’ve never read an article this harsh on a player transferring. Calls him wildly overrated. Says staff was happy to see him leave. Informed staff via text message?

Interesting article. Mention AG but missed our biggest Micky-D bust in Scott Hazelton. I like Chris Beard's approach though of "running your own race". It is so true in all sports!

Reaction Score
the list isnt that impressive actually. we are the closest thing to a blue blood on it. biggest competition would be oregon or illinois...USC since he went to school in CA. no one loves transfers more than oregon
I mean if we’re comparing blue bloods here, sure I see your point.

but serious Big East, SEC, and Big 10 interest here. I don’t see us actually pursuing this too hard, but love the reach out in the first place. We need another ball handler badly for next year...Idk if Martin and Jackson will be reliable enough (hope I’m proven wrong). Hard to find someone better at this stage...

Reaction Score
To the likely consensus approval of the Boneyard, looks like Burnett is out of the picture:

Reaction Score
Yikes I’ve never read an article this harsh on a player transferring. Calls him wildly overrated. Says staff was happy to see him leave. Informed staff via text message?

Listed Al Gilbert in the article too as a McDonald’s failure smh

Reaction Score
eh wanted a big wing that can slash/shoot and a stretch 4, so he didn't fit the bill anyways

cole----diggins--gaff
jackson-hawk
martin-???
akok---???
sanogo-johnson

B- adams, springs

Last edited:

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
eh wanted a big wing that can slash/shoot and a stretch 4, so he didn't fit the bill anyways

cole----diggins--gaff
jackson-hawk
martin-???
akok---???
sanogo-johnson

B- adams, springs
I think we’ll be involved in the transfer market for another big guard. I don’t see Jackson as a SG. He’s really a wing, small ball stretch.

Reaction Score
I don’t see Jackson as a SG. He’s really a wing, small ball stretch.
ok but cole/aj/martin/akok/sanogo are clearly our 5 best guys next year so who among them do you have on the bench?

please dont say martin... he's consistently been our 2nd best player all year and will be a senior. regardless, if hurley says aj will be a PG in the nba he can play the 2 in college.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Yea we have numbers but not good guards !

Reaction Score
UConn not mentioned in this article either.

Texas Tech transfer Nimari Burnett has been hearing from a ton of schools since entering the transfer portal. The 6-foot-4 combo guard and former McDonald's All American has been in constant contact with Illinois, Oregon, Alabama, USC with Vanderbilt in the picture but not in constant contact. As of now he is looking at committing in April, as soon as he knows where he's going.

Reaction Score
UConn not mentioned in this article either.

Texas Tech transfer Nimari Burnett has been hearing from a ton of schools since entering the transfer portal. The 6-foot-4 combo guard and former McDonald's All American has been in constant contact with Illinois, Oregon, Alabama, USC with Vanderbilt in the picture but not in constant contact. As of now he is looking at committing in April, as soon as he knows where he's going.

My bet is Illinois.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom