Nika Muhl | The Boneyard

Nika Muhl

Reaction Score
Over the years, no aspect of being a fan of Geno's program has brought more satisfaction than watching talented, but otherwise unheralded players transition from competence to greatness under the tutelage of this coach and the staff he assembles. No better example of this phenomenon exists, in my opinion, than what we have witnessed with respect to the Croatian Fireplug! We knew from Day One that Nika would always bring a lot of passion to the floor, but we also knew that that passion was largely undisciplined, and that consistent foul trouble and a boatload of turnovers would surely result...and they did! Well, the passion remains, unalloyed, but the maturity and discipline that her time under this level of coaching talent has created has transformed her game immeasurably.

Basketball is a game of roles for any team that aspires to be great...we all know that. Yet, with respect to many of those roles, few are more under-appreciated by casual fans than the one that doesn't show up as ppg, but results in that statistic for others. Let a player offer ten to fifteen assists per game, in last night's case more than the entire Lady Vol team combined, I'll show you a legitimate All-American candidate, or one who should be. I could be wrong, but I cannot imagine Nika"s emergence as a player on so elite a level happening to the same degree under any other coaching staff at any other program, so this homage is dedicated as much to Geno a it is to Nika. So much fun to watch!!

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Over the years, no aspect of being a fan of Geno's program has brought more satisfaction than watching talented, but otherwise unheralded players transition from competence to greatness under the tutelage of this coach and the staff he assembles. No better example of this phenomenon exists, in my opinion, than what we have witnessed with respect to the Croatian Fireplug! We knew from Day One that Nika would always bring a lot of passion to the floor, but we also knew that that passion was largely undisciplined, and that consistent foul trouble and a boatload of turnovers would surely result...and they did! Well, the passion remains, unalloyed, but the maturity and discipline that her time under this level of coaching talent has created has transformed her game immeasurably.

Basketball is a game of roles for any team that aspires to be great...we all know that. Yet, with respect to many of those roles, few are more under-appreciated by casual fans than the one that doesn't show up as ppg, but results in that statistic for others. Let a player offer ten to fifteen assists per game, in last night's case more than the entire Lady Vol team combined, I'll show you a legitimate All-American candidate, or one who should be. I could be wrong, but I cannot imagine Nika"s emergence as a player on so elite a level happening to the same degree under any other coaching staff at any other program, so this homage is dedicated as much to Geno a it is to Nika. So much fun to watch!!
There is perception and reality, she always has averaged more assists than turnovers (this year AA status IMO). Never more than 2 fouls a game.

STATS
2022-23
2021-22
2020-21

GPMINPTSREBASTSTLBLKTOFG%3P%FT%PF

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Nick-I love your enthusiasm, but Nika has only played in 19 games this year, she missed the Maryland game in concussion protocol. Your averages per game are off due to this miscalculation.

Nika leads D1 in total assists 167 to Caitlin Clark's 157 and both have 10 games remaining. By playing in one game less, Nika is averaging 8.8 assists per game and Caitlin is at 7.8 apg. Note that Nika is 64 off the school season record (231) and would only need to average a paltry 3.2 assists per game to break it.

Reaction Score
She is manhandling these "mini-mite" point guards across America. Anxious for SC. (no more Destiny Henderson, big advantage UConn). The Trees have a freshman PG, no where near the physical attributes of Nika.
The concern over fatigue worries me a little. Being over-protective of our players takes away UConn advantages. It is what it is.
I love it when she makes the opposing PGs pick up their dribble and she "smothers" them, often leading to a turnover or she just takes the ball from them. Absolutely text book!!

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
There are many players, in all of WBB, that have better, or more impressive stats than Nika. But Nika is one of those that falls into the area of amazing performers on the court, and one if you are on the other team you don'twanttoguard. . I love her, and all of the other UCONN players.
Please keep everyone healthy, as this small group is FF candidates.

Kat

Reaction Score
Totally agree, but within two minutes someone on this site is going to state that she won’t be a starter next year. That’s where the ignore feature becomes a blessing.
How does one do the ignore feature?

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Well, Nike is into everything else, so it’s only a matter of time before they take over awards as well.
When I was a kid, there was a Nike Missile Site near the Greater Pittsburgh Airport. So when I see the frequent reference to Nike, not Nika, I find it thoroughly appropriate. For our Nika is first and foremost , a defensive weapon aimed at the opposing squad. ;)

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Nick-I love your enthusiasm, but Nika has only played in 19 games this year, she missed the Maryland game in concussion protocol. Your averages per game are off due to this miscalculation.

Nika leads D1 in total assists 167 to Caitlin Clark's 157 and both have 10 games remaining. By playing in one game less, Nika is averaging 8.8 assists per game and Caitlin is at 7.8 apg. Note that Nika is 64 off the school season record (231) and would only need to average a paltry 3.2 assists per game to break it.
Actually Nika has played in 20, the game against the team in Orange was UConn's 21st game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom