Night Cap Games | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Night Cap Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Anytime a team makes a play every single solitary time they need to like Penn State did tonight...well you have my attention. Doing it on the road in the NCAA's against a solid team? You really have attention. PSU has great guards and skilled big girls and play hard and are well coached. They also have the mentality to put points on the board which sadly most of womens basketball doesnt have. They have my complete attention.
Sounds good, but they are a Big 10 team.

Reaction Score
We all make our choices. I suspect and hope that EDDs are unshaken by tonight's loss. There never was a what might have been here.

I was not making a comment about her choice.

Someone asked why DE was not making good decisions - my response was that it's a team loaded with average players, who therefore are going to make a lot of dumb plays.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I was not making a comment about her choice.

Someone asked why DE was not making good decisions - my response was that it's a team loaded with average players, who therefore are going to make a lot of dumb plays.

I was not interpreting or criticizing your comment - accurate - just saying she knows what she did and hope she has no regrets. Very savvy young lady way ahead in life. Would have been great to have her, but it was not in the cards.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Anytime a team makes a play every single solitary time they need to like Penn State did tonight...well you have my attention. Doing it on the road in the NCAA's against a solid team? You really have attention. PSU has great guards and skilled big girls and play hard and are well coached. They also have the mentality to put points on the board which sadly most of womens basketball doesnt have. They have my complete attention. I thought they showed great poise everytime LSU came out them.
They lost to Delaware, Michigan State (twice), Nebraska, and Purdue. If they come within 12-13 of UConn, it will be because UConn played poorly. Which UConn is periodically capable of doing.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Following the logic of some here UConn is an unworthy seed because of the loss to St John's. Delaware out played for one half. Outplayed for one half. Replay the game and they might well have won. A half is not the season.

Vulnerabilities, absolutely. Needed better coaching solutions, sure. But don't make it more than it is.

PSU 90-LSU 80.

Reaction Score
They lost to Delaware, Michigan State (twice), Nebraska, and Purdue. If they come within 12-13 of UConn, it will be because UConn played poorly. Which UConn is periodically capable of doing.

Exactly right. How UConn plays will be a big part of it. Which is why when I see a halfway decent team like Penn State who could make us pay if we are not on our A game, I take them seriously.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Following the logic of some here UConn is an unworthy seed because of the loss to St John's. Delaware out played for one half. Outplayed for one half. Replay the game and they might well have won. A half is not the season.
welp the season now over... and Im happy cause it ends all the hype (ESPN etc).

get "some" quality wins against the big dogs from the big conferences then hype whomever all you want.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Penn State, to me, could be a dangerous matchup.

SJU vs Duke! WOW!!! that will be a good one!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I'm so confused! :confused: Multiple game comments in collision!!!! AArrggghhh.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Exactly right. How UConn plays will be a big part of it. Which is why when I see a halfway decent team like Penn State who could make us pay if we are not on our A game, I take them seriously.
UConn's B game (even C) may get them over the hump... fan just expect blowouts but if UConn wins by 7 of course everyone would be saying they aren't playing well :(

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
What are the chances that Penn State scores 90 on us? 80? 70?

Reaction Score
UConn beat Stanford, Notre Dame, Duke, TX A&M and lost on a last second shot to a very good St John's team.

Delaware was solidly beaten by the sixth-best team from the Big 12.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Well ok your right. We will blow out PSU. And if we are not up by 10 by the half, don't freak out in the Game Thread like you usually do.
In the interim, you will be worrying about a lesser opponent that Geno Auriemma is paid $1.6M/per to focus on. Better to be nervous over the course of 75 minutes than the next five days.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Penn State, to me, could be a dangerous matchup.

SJU vs Duke! WOW!!! that will be a good one!

Unless we play really poorly I just don't see it. Yes they are well coached but our D is too good. I think we start having a hard time in the following game.
And a great job by St Johns. Even thought they were a 3 beating a 6 when I saw they had to play it on Okla. I thought that would be it for St Johns. OU is a much better team at home. Very happy for the Big East and Kim BA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom