Nick Timberlake to Kansas | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Nick Timberlake to Kansas

Reaction Score
On Twitter today it is rumored Kanas is offering 2 million in NIL to Hunter Dickinson. I hope this isn’t true.

Reaction Score
I think you and others are being too literal when framing life changing money. No, he's not going to retire at 25 to a private island with $250K, but if you don't think being able to put 20% down on a half million dollar home, throwing 100k into a brokerage account and leaving yourself $50k for checking/emergencies isn't "life changing" for 99% of 25 year olds I'm not sure what to tell you.

I guess he doesn't pay taxes?

Reaction Score
If you can't buy a decent house in a decent area with it, it's definitely not life changing money. It's a nice 1 year salary.
For a kid who was playing at Towson making 0, to go to playing at Kansas and getting 250k in a cash is more than just nice.

Reaction Score
Just wait until you move in and starts to break :)

Edit: I highly highly recommend when buying to see if you can get someone to poke around for mold (don't pay for the air tests they are mainly junk). Was in the home maybe 1.5 years before discovering the entire basement sheetrock and underlayment of the vinyl floor was covered in it. Fun times.
Yeah that's the scary part, moving in and then having to fix everything that breaks. Good advice on the mold check, definitely gonna do that

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Yeah that's the scary part, moving in and then having to fix everything that breaks. Good advice on the mold check, definitely gonna do that
Good luck. Having spent the last 14 months bidding on and losing houses I can tell you that I’ve been involved in multiple “ last and best “ bidding wars that Home inspection was rendered non remedial in the last step of process. If you didn’t agree to it, you were disqualified. Every one of those houses still went far above asking. And I mean far.

Reaction Score
I guess I'd say it's nice $ for now, but doesn't change his future very much. Down payment on a house, sure, if he can get a job that can afford the payments. And in that case the big life changing thing is the job with decent ongoing income.

It's a leg up, but to me doesn't change his life very much going forward. Like maybe he can buy a house at 26 instead of 32 and the rest of his life is entirely the same.

August_West

Reaction Score
I guess I'd say it's nice $ for now, but doesn't change his future very much. Down payment on a house, sure, if he can get a job that can afford the payments. And in that case the big life changing thing is the job with decent ongoing income.

It's a leg up, but to me doesn't change his life very much going forward. Like maybe he can buy a house at 26 instead of 32 and the rest of his life is entirely the same.
You’re a smart guy, and I really love your contributions here, you are like the lottery pick of posters, but this is a strange hill to die on . I’m mid 50’s and I am who I am at this point, and I have a 21 year old daughter ( and a 6 month old but I digress) The “ leg up” you mention flippantly for someone in their 20’s in the year 2023 is, in fact, life changing.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
How much does a Hellfire car cost?

The Apocalypse Hellfire 6x6. This remastered Jeep Gladiator 6x6 AWD - Pricing from $175k to $250k. This 6x6 is engineered with three killer choices of powerplants and 3 truck type models.
It's still just a way to go from A to B.

August_West

Reaction Score
It's still just a way to go from A to B.
No argument there. I drive a 2009 cr-v with 202,040 miles on it. I’m in car eating lunch now.
F1E2BCD8-96E4-4A75-B432-C010114D8501.jpeg

Reaction Score

I generally appreciate your takes, but this is a ridiculous take dude. What you're saying reeks of privilege.

Reaction Score
Good luck. Having spent the last 14 months bidding on and losing houses I can tell you that I’ve been involved in multiple “ last and best “ bidding wars that Home inspection was rendered non remedial in the last step of process. If you didn’t agree to it, you were disqualified. Every one of those houses still went far above asking. And I mean far.
The good news is all those houses will be available eventually (at discounted prices) when the bottom falls out and so many new buyers are underwater again.

Reaction Score
The good news is all those houses will be available eventually (at discounted prices) when the bottom falls out and so many new buyers are underwater again.
The good news is that younger people who are just trying to afford a place to live...won't be able to afford them soon?

August_West

Reaction Score
So I’ve been hearing that from everyone in my life for last 2 years. It never happened. We bought in January and the place is gutted now we might be in sometime end of summer. But the “ just wait” bit is old. Predatory home lending is gone. In CT you better come in with a cash offer or lose. No one gets approved for underwater mortgages since 2008. The predatory lenders moved on to cars.

Reaction Score
The good news is that younger people who are just trying to afford a place to live...won't be able to afford them soon?
I'm actually saying the prices will fall. Those that are overpaying now and last couple years will be hurt but I don't take that to be young people. They've been priced out and I hope will be able to afford again at some point.

Reaction Score
So I’ve been hearing that from everyone in my life for last 2 years. It never happened. We bought in January and the place is gutted now we might be in sometime end of summer. But the “ just wait” bit is old. Predatory home lending is gone. In CT you better come in with a cash offer or lose. No one gets approved for underwater mortgages since 2008. The predatory lenders moved on to cars.
The car market still totally blows.

August_West

Reaction Score
The car market still totally blows.

And a bunch of Gen Z'ers and some millennials are getting pu t into 45k cars they cant afford at high interest rates. LOL I have a parking lot full at work who are spending 1/3 to half salary on car payments. I drive the crappiest car in lot.

Orc

Reaction Score
Breaking news. I see that many of our guys unfollowed Timberlake on IG. that confirms Timberlake is not changing his mind. Oh well

Reaction Score
And a bunch of Gen Z'ers and some millennials are getting pu t into 45k cars they cant afford at high interest rates. LOL I have a parking lot full at work who are spending 1/3 to half salary on car payments. I drive the crappiest car in lot.
Gen Z and the younger Millennials are strange to me. Half of them don't even want to own or drive a car and the other half finance cars they can't afford. Add in that they drink less, have less sex, and care less about sports...it's all pretty bizarre to me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom