Nick Timberlake to Kansas | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Nick Timberlake to Kansas

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I see a lot of different shot making from him in his highlights, gets good height on his shot with a quick release.

As for Joey, 6 ppg in 15 minutes per game on 45% three point shooting for the best team in the country is pretty damn good.

I guess. I mean it's a highlight tape. I could put together a more impressive one for Hawk just from the 6 tournament games.

Like I said, if UConn and KU were after him he must be decent but I was a little surprised at all the salivating over the guy I watched in the video.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Be honest, his hops were impressive too. He could play above the rim. Joey C's game was threes and an occasional tear drop runner. He wasn't great going to the rim.

I wasn't comparing the two, only making the non-controversial point that stepping up in competition presents a challenge and noting that people seemed to be expecting an awful lot from Timberlake.

Reaction Score
I’ve been holding my tongue but his highlights video was distinctly unimpressive to me. Hitting wide-open 3s against crap competition, wow.
i agree.

Reaction Score
I don’t. You don’t. None of us do. It’s silly to suggest other wise. Half the people I’ve met from other Big East schools never shut up about how dirty Calhoun was. It’s petty. .
Jim kicked their butts over and over again! That’s the only answer they have! I agree, it’s petty.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Not for nothing but I was in the grocery store here in SF this afternoon and saw a gentleman wearing a UConn beanie. Naturally I stopped him, and after his confusion wore off, we had a ten minute chat about the Huskies and CT in the dairy aisle.

Turns out he's also a diehard who gets his fix from UConn Twitter and Bleacher Report (where I used to work). I told him about this forsaken place so hopefully he'll join soon. Minutes after we parted ways, he located me in the bread aisle to tell me Kansas flipped Timberlake, per a B/R alert. :D

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
A geezer from San Diego contributes to a national championship and now every mid major 20 something is demanding big bucks and a starting spot.

Calcaterra deserves a piece of every NIL deal of every middle aged gunner that gets overpaid for the next 5 years.

Reaction Score
A geezer from San Diego contributes to a national championship and now every mid major 20 something is demanding big bucks and a starting spot.

Calcaterra deserves a piece of every NIL deal of every middle aged gunner that gets overpaid for the next 5 years.
Sigh.

Reaction Score
Getting Timberlake was not going to make or break us.

It happens….go get someone else.
Don't know how you can say this before he's played a game for Kansas and our season starts. But throw it out there people love predictions.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
My least favorite argument ever is “I didn’t know this guy existed, therefor he’s garbage and I totally never wanted him.” It’s not your job to scout the mid major level to find the gems that belong in high major programs, your opinion on them, having not watched a single of their games, means less than 0. But you should be able to figure out based on the program’s interested what kind of talent they have.

Reaction Score
This is our guy. 2nd highest 3pt % in the country, on volume

Those stats are very unusual.
47% on over 5 three's a game and he only averages 8.6?
He's no JH despite the percentage. Not sure he'd get many of those three's off in the Big East.

Reaction Score
This is our guy. 2nd highest 3pt % in the country, on volume

I'm sold. The stats don't lie, 43.6% from three is legit. Quick release, 6' 7", decent athlete. 12 points, 7 rebounds versus Florida State.

Let Hurley and the staff coach him up, he could be this year's Joey C. He'd be coming to UCONN off a season that is more impressive than Joey C's.

Shooter off the bench, Do it. Unless we can do better of course, one would think that coming off a championship we could find someone with a more impressive track record, but if not sign this guy.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
12 points, 7 rebounds versus Florida State.
Not saying you shouldn't be sold on him, but Florida State was atrocious this year. They were more than 30 spots lower than his Stetson team on kenpom. It would been a little worrying if he had been a no-show for a game against such a terrible team.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I just have a hard time believe that will be our starting lineup. We really need someone in the lineup in the mold of Hawkins. We won’t find someone as good for a 1 year stop-gap, but someone who we can run the same sets for, coming off screens and pin downs and hitting 3s while also ability to defend the 1-3.
I never thought of Timberlake as a replacement for Hawkins. A replacement for Joey? Sure.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom