Nice pants, Bobby. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Nice pants, Bobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My wife got me a pair of Nantucket red pants a few years ago. Why? I don't know. Either because Nantucket reminds her of whaling and I remind her of a whale or because she liked it when her brother in law wears them. I'm afraid to ask.

Anyway, thinking I had to wear them once, I wore them to dinner at a bar convention in Laguna Beach, thinking that would be casual enough to cause the least damage possible (and trust me -- never wearing them would not have caused the least damage possible). I thought I'd be o.k. until the Chief Justice of the Delaware Supreme Court (and trust me -- for M&A lawyers the Chief Justice of the Delaware Supreme Court is a huge deal) starts yelling for me to come over to his table. I get there and he says to his table "So what are the odds that the one lawyer in the room wearing Nantucket Red pants would be the one lawyer in the room from Fairfield County?" Never again.

So, assuming it was HCBD's wife who got him the pants and told him they would go with the red trim on the uniforms, I feel for him more than most of you do.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I bet Diaco has planned out this outfit for weeks... The UConn belt buckle is pretty slick though.

Unrelated to his attire, did anyone stand in for the Husky Walk in Grey Lot area around the first 4 or 5 rows of cars? When Diaco walked by, I don't know what a fan said, but someone must have said something dirogatory in his direction when he walked by and he stopped for a second and looked pissed... Never seen him do that before, he's usually pumped up, happy and focused during the walk. Was a rough week for him, and I can only see the fan base getting on him worse if our offense doesn't start scoring points. The play calling is just horrible.

Reaction Score
I think he came off the golf course and got to the field in the nick of time...thus the slow start and halftime adjustments

Reaction Score
Disco Bob.

2016VirginiaUConnFootball-43.0.jpg

"I'll take what does a tool wear on Saturdays for $300 Alex"

Reaction Score
My wife got me a pair of Nantucket red pants a few years ago. Why? I don't know. Either because Nantucket reminds her of whaling and I remind her of a whale or because she liked it when her brother in law wears them. I'm afraid to ask.

Anyway, thinking I had to wear them once, I wore them to dinner at a bar convention in Laguna Beach, thinking that would be casual enough to cause the least damage possible (and trust me -- never wearing them would not have caused the least damage possible). I thought I'd be o.k. until the Chief Justice of the Delaware Supreme Court (and trust me -- for M&A lawyers the Chief Justice of the Delaware Supreme Court is a huge deal) starts yelling for me to come over to his table. I get there and he says to his table "So what are the odds that the one lawyer in the room wearing Nantucket Red pants would be the one lawyer in the room from Fairfield County?" Never again.

So, assuming it was HCBD's wife who got him the pants and told him they would go with the red trim on the uniforms, I feel for him more than most of you do.

Since it was a WIN ... I guarantee you that we shall see them again.

Reaction Score
Wow. My bar dinner was on a Saturday. Nice cheap shot.

Apologies kind Sir. I was aiming for the Head Football Coach and Master of Clock Management for our beloved UConn Huskies.

Unintended.....consider it collateral damge....whether appropriate or not....I cannot say.:)

Reaction Score
Keep an eye out for the new CT Lottery "win for life commercial" which was on earlier tonight during the Red Sox game.

I am sure it is a coincidence, but it features a guy wearing a blue shirt with bright red pants, who happens to resemble HCBD. He is dancing and singing "I feel lucky"...almost pissed my pants thinking of Bobby dancing and singing like this after the VA game. I would have shared the video here but I could not upload my i[hone mov file. The commercial is not on the lottery website yet. Very funny when you watch it in the context of what transpired Saturday with the outfit and outcome of the game!

Reaction Score
Keep an eye out for the new CT Lottery "win for life commercial" which was on earlier tonight during the Red Sox game.

I am sure it is a coincidence, but it features a guy wearing a blue shirt with bright red pants, who happens to resemble HCBD. He is dancing and singing "I feel lucky"...almost pissed my pants thinking of Bobby dancing and singing like this after the VA game. I would have shared the video here but I could not upload my i[hone mov file. The commercial is not on the lottery website yet. Very funny when you watch it in the context of what transpired Saturday with the outfit and outcome of the game!
upload_2016-9-19_20-52-20.png
upload_2016-9-19_20-55-17.png

Here are a couple of screen shots.

Reaction Score
I have to keep reminding myself that this guy played linebacker in The Big 10, because the way he dresses makes him look like a giant 5 year old.

Reaction Score
He's fashionable. Red pants are just risky on the sidelines. KO would wear these for sure, but not to a game.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
They belong at a yacht club, not on a football field. Next he'll be tying a sweater around his neck.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    48.2 KB · Views: 45

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
He's just following the rule of no white pants after Labor Day. Already had his national flag blue shirt picked out and ironed, and he didn't want to do blue n blue outfit.

Reaction Score
Makes me long for the day when the head coach wore a suit and tie on the sidelines...maybe one of those hats like Tom Landry.

Reaction Score
He was seeing red from the week before and wanted his team to do the same.

speaking of color fashionistas, I'm really hoping they pull out the grey unis for the Cuse game

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
He was seeing red from the week before and wanted his team to do the same.

speaking of color fashionistas, I'm really hoping they pull out the grey unis for the Cuse game
Well, the fan base was seeing red....I'm not sure he was even aware of what had happened.

Reaction Score
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Bob Diaco = The Don Draper of College Football,

Great Belt by the way. I liked the pants too. Bob can wear all the Vineyard Vines he wants, the man can pull it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom