Nice pants, Bobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
1ayevu.jpg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My wife got me a pair of Nantucket red pants a few years ago. Why? I don't know. Either because Nantucket reminds her of whaling and I remind her of a whale or because she liked it when her brother in law wears them. I'm afraid to ask.

Anyway, thinking I had to wear them once, I wore them to dinner at a bar convention in Laguna Beach, thinking that would be casual enough to cause the least damage possible (and trust me -- never wearing them would not have caused the least damage possible). I thought I'd be o.k. until the Chief Justice of the Delaware Supreme Court (and trust me -- for M&A lawyers the Chief Justice of the Delaware Supreme Court is a huge deal) starts yelling for me to come over to his table. I get there and he says to his table "So what are the odds that the one lawyer in the room wearing Nantucket Red pants would be the one lawyer in the room from Fairfield County?" Never again.

So, assuming it was HCBD's wife who got him the pants and told him they would go with the red trim on the uniforms, I feel for him more than most of you do.
I loved this story. It reminded me of this one.

When Rutgers first joined the Big East I went to see a UConn MBB game at the RAC with a friend of mine. A judge was sitting like 3 rows behind me. Through out the game he's yelling "Hey ref watch the hand checking! Hey c'mon ref they're all over our guys! Hey ref this ain't the NBA!" Over and over. Needless to say, it got tiresome. I tolerated it in the first half. So maybe 5 minutes into the 2nd after a particularly long rant on his part, I got fed up and yelled "Judge! Hey Judge!" until I got his attention and then "You're right, this ain't the NBA. It's the Big East. If your ladies can't stand a little contact, they should have stayed in the A-10!" It got a lot of laughs and some applause and the judge put his hand up in acknowlegement, laughing as well. I turned around and sat back down and my buddy leans over and says "Very funny, but now I won't win a motion in front of him for six months."

In any event, if you still have the pants, I think your Halloween costume should be HCBD this year. Better yet, maybe wear them to Sec. 241 with BD's signature shirt next game?

Reaction Score
I loved this story. It reminded me of this one.

When Rutgers first joined the Big East I went to see a UConn MBB game at the RAC with a friend of mine. A judge was sitting like 3 rows behind me. Through out the game he's yelling "Hey ref watch the hand checking! Hey c'mon ref they're all over our guys! Hey ref this ain't the NBA!" Over and over. Needless to say, it got tiresome. I tolerated it in the first half. So maybe 5 minutes into the 2nd after a particularly long rant on his part, I got fed up and yelled "Judge! Hey Judge!" until I got his attention and then "You're right, this ain't the NBA. It's the Big East. If your ladies can't stand a little contact, they should have stayed in the A-10!" It got a lot of laughs and some applause and the judge put his hand up in acknowlegement, laughing as well. I turned around and sat back down and my buddy leans over and says "Very funny, but now I won't win a motion in front of him for six months."

In any event, if you still have the pants, I think your Halloween costume should be HCBD this year. Better yet, maybe wear them to Sec. 241 with BD's signature shirt next game?

Pass.

Reaction Score
I'll let the actual pants slide because Bob is into clothes and they are nice pants in certain situations. However, suit pants and "dress pants" should be creased, but the creases in those red pants when worn with a long sleeve t-shirt were just wrong. Creases with athletic shoes, outrageously wrong.

Reaction Score
Husky branded belt

@businesslawyer - They will be sending the link for the spanking white belt to Mrs. BL.

I love the belt. I just can't figure when I'd wear it other than to games. Living out of state, it would be rare. If I were a coach I'd have all this stuff. I like that Bob tries to have some fashion sense with UConn apparel. It should result in more merchandise sales, which are good for UConn and the brand.

Reaction Score
I bought the T-Shirt Ocean Spray Bob was wearing online from the bookstore. Kind of reminds me of the Giants logo.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I said it on Twitter and I will follow through: I'm wearing red pants to the game Saturday. I stand in solidarity with Bobby D.
I look forward to seeing that!

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I look forward to seeing that!

Just look for the guy whose wife stands five feet away from him at all times for fear of being associated with a heavier set drunk guy in red pants.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Just look for the guy whose wife stands five feet away from him at all times for fear of being associated with a heavier set drunk guy in red pants.
And a bikini top.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
And a bikini top.
Now you two are going to have me looking for Peter Griffin at the game on Saturday. DAMN YOU!!! DAMN YOU TO HELL (Wait. That's old school Stewie)!!!

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Now you two are going to have me looking for Peter Griffin at the game on Saturday. DAMN YOU!!! DAMN YOU TO HELL (Wait. That's old school Stewie)!!!

It'll be like a scavenger hunt. It'll be a disturbing version of Where's Waldo. It'll be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom