Nice article on The Rock | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Nice article on The Rock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This board isn't just a series of individual arguments, where posters decide to take one of two sides. He took issue with something that you wrote in response to another poster, so he responded.

Except that he was taking issue with something I didn't say. I didn't say that Facey is never going to be productive. I said he's unproven. It's right there in the post. Calling a player unproven is not writing him off, and calling Facey unproven is so laughably obvious that I can't believe it needed to be said in this thread.

Reaction Score
Except that he was taking issue with something I didn't say. I didn't say that Facey is never going to be productive. I said he's unproven. It's right there in the post. Calling a player unproven is not writing him off, and calling Facey unproven is so laughably obvious that I can't believe it needed to be said in this thread.

You're focusing on one throwaway comment that he made that wasn't at all specific to you.

Reaction Score
When you weigh 255 and still are the strongest fastest and quickest--you are going to see PT. Pretty simple to me

Amidah and Nolan are the 5's Facey and Lubin are the 4's in a pinch Im sure at 255 we can move Lubin to 5 in terms fo FT injury etc.. ALL of these guys are getting consistent minutes all year. These people who said Lubin was going to ride piune/he wsnt good enough--it's ludicrous. We need all of our guys we ONLY have 4 of them.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
When you weigh 255 and still are the strongest fastest and quickest--you are going to see PT. Pretty simple to me

Amidah and Nolan are the 5's Facey and Lubin are the 4's in a pinch Im sure at 255 we can move Lubin to 5 in terms fo FT injury etc.. ALL of these guys are getting consistent minutes all year. These people who said Lubin was going to ride piune/he wsnt good enough--it's ludicrous. We need all of our guys we ONLY have 4 of them.
I dont think It is far fetched to see a G-G-G-W-C line up for stretches as long as we can team rebound as we did at the end of last year. Especially if we are down. That lineup would be offensively superior.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Bottom line is still that we don't know what we have at PF. In that regard, Bruce is right. It is our biggest void from last year even though DD was inconsistent.
I can't believe how people will argue over players they haven't seen play in college (and I'm basically counting KF in here). We will see who plays well. Let's hope someone steps up. I happen to think Facey is the favorite, but keep it conversational.

Reaction Score
If you're going to join the conversation, actually do so. I was responding to a post that said Lubin couldn't start because there are "simply too many proven options ahead of him," which is hogwash. Stating an irrefutable fact that Facey is not proven at this level is not "writing him off," and I'll thank you to not put words in my mouth.

First, I said "I'm not sure why everyone is writing him off", not "I'm not sure why CallMeBruce is writing him off" - I'll thank you to not put words in my mouth. My attempt at joining the conversation was simply to point out that there's a reason Facey isn't "proven" in one sense of the word- he had an amazing combination of talent and experience ahead of him. I understand that you were trying to point out that he's not necessarily the most "proven" player, but that's not a judgment made in a vacuum. No one is saying Facey will be a break out star because of that, it's just that in comparing Facey and Lubin, it's funny that Lubin is given the edge by some, as Facey was both more highly regarded out of high school and has a year in the system already under his belt. You made the point that if Lubin can rebound and defend it will earn him a starting spot, which could very well be true, but I also remember last year, in his incredibly limited game time, the two aspects that Facey excelled at were his defense and rebounding. Only time will tell how this ends up shaking out.

Reaction Score
I didn't realize he was the top rebounder in all of Georgia last season. I suspect this kid will be a lot better than many people expect. I love knowing we have a legit widebody in the frontcourt.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If he comes in with that attitude he'll succeed. Bottom line.

Reaction Score
There's probably 16-20 minutes for both Rock & Facey at PF this season. Both will get playing time & opportunity to contribute. I don't understand the debate. Similar to Brimah & Nolan at Center. There will probably be moments when Hamilton will need to guard PFs when there is foul trouble. If Nolan & Brimah are not in foul trouble at the end of the game, I can see both of them on the floor to close games out because of their experience. However, playing time is there for everyone, whomever produces, will get more time, but time is to be had for everyone. No one will be a bench warmer. I'm looking forward to seeing what Rock & Facey can contribute this season. I think they both can contribute. They bring different elements, which I like & feel is important to making a more diverse team. Sometimes you need quick & long guys, sometimes you need bangers. It will all depend on the game setting. Ollie will figure it all out on a game by game situation, that's a strength of coaching. All good.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I didn't realize he was the top rebounder in all of Georgia last season. I suspect this kid will be a lot better than many people expect. I love knowing we have a legit widebody in the frontcourt.
I also didnt realize he had 0 d1 offers other than us though. Dude has a lot to prove.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Over under number of posts in the cuse board face-tat thread before it gets deleted?

Reaction Score
Over under number of posts in the cuse board face-tat thread before it gets deleted?

If there's a post on the Cuse board about UConn you can guarantee that SDhusky will show up. UConn isn't whispered about on the internet without his immediate arrival.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If Rock is half as good as he thinks he is, we will be in great shape.
If the rest of the team had his shape UConn would be in great shape.

If I had his body I'd have better endings to my dreams. It stinks knowing I can't even fantasize myself being 1/4 as sculpted as him during a dream sequence. And that would be my best case scenario - the dream world. It probably would be stretching things to say at one point in my life I might have been 1/10th as sculpted. Now I'm settling into 1/100th. So he can turn out to be "only half as good as he thinks he is" but I will never be in great shape! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom