Ngongba Visiting October 13th (First Night) | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Ngongba Visiting October 13th (First Night)

Reaction Score
The work that the staff put in with Sanogo was incredible. That kid worked on a startling array of offensive moves; solid offensive sets, screens; and by the end he could even dribble drive.

This is why I have very high hopes that these young kids could see that and realize this is an ideal place to develop as big men.

Reaction Score
Did I miss something? What changed in the last 24 hours that makes everyone think we lost him?

All I saw was that one guy say Next….is there any other insight as to why everyone’s tune changed to doom overnight?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That visit is seeming real courtesy ish for his cousin if all this is true. OR he was always following Flagg
Or maybe he wanted to give Connecticut a hard look? Who knows? It was a fun little diversion during the end of the off-season.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
He's not going anywhere for a bag. Judt because we may not reel him in doesn't mean the kid is a punk. He has a great head on his shoulders and his family is helping him through this entire process.
Do you have to be a punk to consider your and NIL options? The NCAA dropped the ball on this so now it's a thing. Any talented kid going into a D1 program should definitely ask about NIL opportunities. That's the new reality in college athletics.

Reaction Score
I have the same thoughts. They might’ve started rightfully feeling themselves after the championship. There should definitely always be a balance of shooting for big fish while looking out for the hidden gems.

The 2023 class was pretty much all amazing finds in that way.
Especially after this season, with the on-court success, getting guys drafted, a surge in buzz around Hurley and the program, we should have been aiming for the top targets. If not now, when?

It is definitely a slap in the face to be told, basically, that we will never be seen as a destination for top 10 recruits (yes, I know sometimes our #30-50-ish recruits surge late after signing, that's irrelevant to this situation).

Reaction Score
It is definitely a slap in the face to be told, basically, that we will never be seen as a destination for top 10 recruits (yes, I know sometimes our #30-50-ish recruits surge late after signing, that's irrelevant to this situation).
That's a hell of a takeaway considering Flagg is the only one we targeted, he's a lifelong Duke fan, we got one of only two visits and he was an enormous favorite to go to Duke for a year and a half.

Reaction Score
Especially after this season, with the on-court success, getting guys drafted, a surge in buzz around Hurley and the program, we should have been aiming for the top targets. If not now, when?

Agreed, if not now, when?

But what’s especially puzzling, to me anyway? You win a national championship, AGAIN, with a youngish coach, and one of your prime targets favors Kansas State over you. HUH?!

Reaction Score
Did I miss something? What changed in the last 24 hours that makes everyone think we lost him?

All I saw was that one guy say Next….is there any other insight as to why everyone’s tune changed to doom overnight?
Staff member on the Duke premium Rivals board said that Ngongba was gonna release a top 3 as early as today and that we are not on the list - Duke, KSU, UK

Reaction Score
Staff member on the Duke premium Rivals board said that Ngongba was gonna release a top 3 as early as today and that we are not on the list - Duke, KSU, UK
That’s the big hit. UK doesn’t develop big men particularly well and didn’t seem as if they were a huge player in this recruitment. I bet the staff were not expecting that.

Reaction Score
The staff whiffed on this, it's pretty surprising coming off the championship and their awesome track record with bigs. If you would've told me months ago Betsey would go to Cincinnati and we wouldn't even make Ngongba's top three I wouldn't have believed it. Staff casted a smaller net than usual and got burned. If the transfer portal didn't exist this would be bad but it does exist, the staff now has some serious work to do. We're losing at least 4 studs after this upcoming season.

Reaction Score
The staff whiffed on this, it's pretty surprising coming off the championship and their awesome track record with bigs. If you would've told me months ago Betsey would go to Cincinnati and we wouldn't even make Ngongba's top three I wouldn't have believed it. Staff casted a smaller net than usual and got burned. If the transfer portal didn't exist this would be bad but it does exist, the staff now has some serious work to do. We're losing at least 4 studs after this upcoming season.
i didnt even know UK was recruiting pat...

but silver lining- we didnt want it to get too easy for Hurley. keep him hungry and humble.

Reaction Score
Yeah man this one is…wow

Reaction Score
Never thought we were the favorites for either- always thought we were the underdogs at every moment in time.

Hurley & staff will be perfectly fine- don’t really understand all the hysteria & concern about the roster- I understand being let down & upset about not getting either but to be concerned about the roster moving forward- don’t really get the sentiment considering Hurley over the last few years has always done a nice job putting together a final roster each year.

Reaction Score
Did Big Pat just cut his list from 4 to 3…yikes. Let’s go Tang! In hindsight it certainly seems like the staff cast far too narrow a net. Fortunately they seem to learn from their mistakes but not a great look.

Reaction Score
It just shows that no matter what recruiting is still really hard unless you're Kentucky and Duke. I think we fell under the assumption that with this killer staff when they hone in on guys they get them...

We've had some great pulls. Like plucking Sanogo from Seton Hall late, Jackson from Cuse, getting Hawk and the awesome freshman class we have this year but the thinking around here that we get the guys the staff focuses in on has changed a bit. We lost a couple local sharpshooters in Griffiths and Betsey to much inferior basketball schools, Pettiford spurned us for Bruce Peal and the one big we focused on for a while and brought to first night didn't even include us.

I actually like Nowell more than Pettiford and Fland but he wasn't the first guy we focused in on at point.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom