Ngongba Visiting October 13th (First Night) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Ngongba Visiting October 13th (First Night)

Reaction Score

Only program he talks about the pitch being development, how we've developed bigs, and getting to the next level is UConn. Then he says his priority in choosing a school is development... Could be nothing, could be something.

But at the very least, it's clear that he has the same priorities that we do as a program and he's hearing what makes our program special.

Reaction Score
I think people got pessimistic about this recruiting battle because the second official wasn’t made public for so long, but there’s obviously still a lot going on here. This staff’s teams are always bonded and tight with each other- it was clear in June, it’s even better now.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He seems truly undecided. Visits will determine it most likely.

Reaction Score
I always seem to find myself disappointed this isn't broadcast on TV or it's on FloSports.

Does anyone know if it will be broadcast on TV this wknd? We are the defending national champs with a roster capable of repeating.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I always seem to find myself disappointed this isn't broadcast on TV or it's on FloSports.

Does anyone know if it will be broadcast on TV this wknd? We are the defending national champs with a roster capable of repeating.
We treat our program like a mid major and wonder why no power conference is interested.

Reaction Score

First Night will air locally on WFSB and will stream for free on UConn+ (UConnPlus.tv).

EDIT: ESPN doesn't care about college hoops anymore other than filler content and doesn't give it the TLC it gives to the NFL and NBA so they don't do the whip around or dedicated First Night coverage they used to have. It also hurts that every one doesn't start on the same day anymore so it takes some of the buzz away when they used to do it. So it's a little bit of ESPN killing anything that isn't a sacred cow and NCAA being terrible at marketing itself.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Surprised there's no articles yet about what recruits are showing up for first night.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
1 uncommitted recruit is very underwhelming. Would think you could at least get a group of interested underclassmen to visit, First Night is a big recruiting piece for a lot of schools.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom