Ngongba to Duke | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Ngongba to Duke

Reaction Score
They most definitely bought this class. I knew he he was committing weeks ago after there visit. Cooper posted on Instagram on his story of all 3 recruits that captioned “Brotherhood”. The 3rd will signed by next week. Welcome to $$$ $ NIL deals. It’s all about $$ now with all these kids. Get the $$ now incase they don’t make it in the NBA!! It’s not dirty recruiting at all. Sadly this is the new recruiting game. It’s now happening in the women’s game as well. $$ talks!! The wnba is a joke. What ever school offers the most $$ will go to that institution. National Champions no longer matter anymore!! If they don’t cut down the nets come next year it will be the biggest fail in the history of Duke basketball. On paper this might be one of the greatest classes put together ever. Duke is the worst fan base ever. Entitled rich university.
With all that NIL money, where is the motivation for the players to improve their games or to even go to class? Aside from the one and dones, I see some leaving early.

Reaction Score
This is so beautiful, dook is Kentucky lite

This strategy doesn't work. I can't wait to the tournament to see the brackets fail. They'll probably win the ACC, but that will be the consolation prize.

Reaction Score
If you guys are saying we don’t need the 5 stars which I agree with, why bother recruiting them? Yes we’ve won without them but there’s none to drop back to in this class. Maybe we should just focus on that range that works

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Me thinks you need a nap. Relax.

Negative recruiting isn’t new or a “conspiracy”. Towards the end Calhoun was negetive recruited against constantly. It’s how it goes
What is the negative recruiting pitch about UConn? Excellent academic school, 5 basketball titles in the 25 years, won the title last year, this years team looks to be excellent, championship coach who knows how to put guys in the league, top staff in college basketball. Hard to negative recruit that!

caw

Reaction Score
What is the negative recruiting pitch about UConn? Excellent academic school, 5 basketball titles in the 25 years, won the title last year, this years team looks to be excellent, championship coach who knows how to put guys in the league, top staff in college basketball. Hard to negative recruit that!

It's colder and UNC isn't right down the street.

EDIT: I've been to both multiple times, I'd party at UNC 10/10

Reaction Score
If you guys are saying we don’t need the 5 stars which I agree with, why bother recruiting them? Yes we’ve won without them but there’s none to drop back to in this class. Maybe we should just focus on that range that works

Because, like Cooper Flagg, they’re very good players and when you integrate them into an existing culture and a solid foundation of good players they will make your team better. I mean, this is not a particularly tough concept to understand with some vocal exceptions on this board.

For those who aren’t aware, we’ve got a 5 star kid on this roster who people think is going to have a pretty big impact on this season. Do we stop recruiting the Stephon Castles of the world? Thank god the guy in charge doesn’t think so.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Because, like Cooper Flagg, they’re very good players and when you integrate them into an existing culture and a solid foundation of good players they will make your team better. I mean, this is not a particularly tough concept to understand with some vocal exceptions on this board.

For those who aren’t aware, we’ve got a 5 star kid on this roster who people think is going to have a pretty big impact on this season. Do we stop recruiting the Stephon Castles of the world? Thank god the guy in charge doesn’t think so.
I think a mix of both would be ideal but a lot of peoples argument is we don’t need em and it’ll all work out in the portal. That’s gonna be a tall order with only two freshman coming in.

caw

Reaction Score
I think a mix of both would be ideal but a lot of peoples argument is we don’t need em and it’ll all work out in the portal. That’s gonna be a tall order with only two freshman coming in.

Could try Euro route also? Zona seems to have picked up some good ones this year.

Reaction Score
How many players can Duke put on the floor at once - 6, 7, 9? How many basketballs can they have in play at once. Hope Nah-Bong-go gets blisters from sitting on his ass, handing out towels to Cooper Flagg. Had he come to UConn, he'd have been the crown jewel of the recruiting class. At Dook, he is a tag along with Flagg. And, maybe he knows that's his place.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Have to think Harris is wondering where he fits in this class
Same as Sean Stewart this year most likely. Our 4* SFs will be on the bench too. I expect Cooper will be a 4 on defense. With the portal, people will be recruiting Duke’s people away from them. And every other program with that much talent on the bench.

It‘s just an observation but in the past many players would avoid those situation, because they couldn’t transfer out without sitting. Now they know they can move schools if playing time is blocked.

Reaction Score
Me thinks you’ve got a little too much homerism going on. Just because Dook got these guys doesn’t mean it’s because they were bad mouthing UConn. It was Flaggs dream school all along. Who knows what convinced Ngongba. But people need to get over that every time a recruit picks someone other than the good guys it’s because A) there’s a conspiracy B) we didn’t want the guy anyway cuz he never fit our “mold” or “makeup” or C) the kid is an idiot and just ruined his career.

Not every recruit will pick UConn. Fine. We’ve always done pretty good with what we’ve had.
At Duke they say, "We've always done pretty well with what we've had."
That's what makes them part of the Brotherhood.

Reaction Score
Kids are dumb, naive , gullible and too easily manipulated. Especially this generation.

Reaction Score

New Orleans Dukie is your stereotypical Blue Devil POS fan. “ahh well such is life”

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
They are probably right. I'd expect portal action after the season too, as Mitchell leaves, Power and Stewart need to consider where Duke will play Flagg. Probably at the 4, with Evans at the 3 spot and McCain at SG. Duke really did not need Cooper, should have come here.

Portal changes everything really.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If Duke doesn’t win it all in the next 2 years that is just embarrassing for their program and Scheyer
Nah, he'll just go full Calipari and talk about how getting people to the NBA was always the goal.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What’s it going to take for Scheyer & Duke to stop getting these recruits?
Flaming out in the postseason? Divisiveness and clubhouse problems? A massive portal exodus?

(Actually, as long as they have the coin, they're going to draw people in.)

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Have to think Harris is wondering where he fits in this class

I was wondering why he committed so early…he’s definitely looking around. Edgecombe might be the decider, would be for me if I’m Harris.

Reaction Score
My father has had his Facebook hacked at least half a dozen times. I'm not sure we can pin this one on generational gullibility.
Actually I think we can, ( I have 6 children including one with a doctorate in clinical nursing). I’ve had my Facebook account hacked twice and I needed to turn to my kids for advice on how to keep it from happening again. They’re all geniuses with modern technology ( mostly phones and gaming) but common sense is another matter entirely. We have a couple of mobile electronics stores and the clientele is younger and while they are polite they are clueless about most thing’s outside of their bubble consisting of Social media. JMHO. Just signed up for Fox sports app to get tonight’s game here in S Florida. The season is finally here, go UConn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom