Ngongba to Duke | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Ngongba to Duke

Reaction Score
So glad we are in the Big East and don't have to see those Pukes until the big dance. Imagine being a BC or Cuse fan and having to watch all those little rich kids gloat about how great they are because their school landed a bunch of 5*s while they spank your ass every game?

Reaction Score
Me thinks you’ve got a little too much homerism going on. Just because Dook got these guys doesn’t mean it’s because they were bad mouthing UConn. It was Flaggs dream school all along. Who knows what convinced Ngongba. But people need to get over that every time a recruit picks someone other than the good guys it’s because A) there’s a conspiracy B) we didn’t want the guy anyway cuz he never fit our “mold” or “makeup” or C) the kid is an idiot and just ruined his career.

Not every recruit will pick UConn. Fine. We’ve always done pretty good with what we’ve had.
Me thinks you need a nap. Relax.

Negative recruiting isn’t new or a “conspiracy”. Towards the end Calhoun was negetive recruited against constantly. It’s how it goes

Reaction Score

Trilly also predicted Purdue will make the Final Four Next year. Hes clearly better with recruiting predictions than predicting what will happen in March. If he’s taking bets on Purdue, then I want some of that action.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
Almost seems obvious now looking back as to why he cut us before his final decision. A Dookies way of trying to stick it to the competition. Intentional?

pj

Reaction Score
If a recruit says Duke is on their list and I'm Hurley.....NEXT.

In the NIL era with Duke the top-paying school, all top recruits are going to list Duke. Do you just not recruit any of the top players?

Not all of them will go to Duke, and the ones that do, it's better to drive up Duke's NIL payouts and deplete their resources. You have to compete with Duke in recruiting.

Reaction Score
Damn frustrating. What’s it going to take for Scheyer & Duke to stop getting these recruits?! If they end up not going deep into the tournaments but continue to put a lot of players in the NBA, they’ll still get the recruits. Would take a major scandle to derail the program. They haven’t missed a beat without Coach K. This is some Skull & Bones and Free Mason hocus pocus. Screw it, let’s win a few more championships and hang our hat on that. Easier said than done.

Reaction Score
They most definitely bought this class. I knew he he was committing weeks ago after there visit. Cooper posted on Instagram on his story of all 3 recruits that captioned “Brotherhood”. The 3rd will signed by next week. Welcome to $$$ $ NIL deals. It’s all about $$ now with all these kids. Get the $$ now incase they don’t make it in the NBA!! It’s not dirty recruiting at all. Sadly this is the new recruiting game. It’s now happening in the women’s game as well. $$ talks!! The wnba is a joke. What ever school offers the most $$ will go to that institution. National Champions no longer matter anymore!! If they don’t cut down the nets come next year it will be the biggest fail in the history of Duke basketball. On paper this might be one of the greatest classes put together ever. Duke is the worst fan base ever. Entitled rich university.

Reaction Score
It amazes me how a post gets taken down because u state a opion. A smart take on a honest situation that is going on in todays game. I’m strolling through many posts on here and some of them are completely out of touch. Apparently there is no freedom of speech or opinion on this forum. I guess if u don’t like or agree with someone’s point of view u get it taken down. When u follow all guidelines and u still get it taken down its kind of immature and unnecessary. These forums have turned into nothing more then who is popular or not on this board. I didn’t realize this was high school and if your not in the cool group your out looking in. We are all adults and many of us are educated and have great things to say. Step it up boneyard. Don’t call it a forum and state guidelines if your still going to take it down.

Reaction Score
Me thinks you need a nap. Relax.

Negative recruiting isn’t new or a “conspiracy”. Towards the end Calhoun was negetive recruited against constantly. It’s how it goes
He didn’t need to negative recruit against UConn. Tell yourself whatever makes you feel better.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I hate Duke but the takes here sound like sour grapes and wishful thinking. I think they are the best team on paper right now and will be again next year, barring something unexpected. Pat isn’t likely a one and done, nor is TJ Power. Scheyer is fixing some of the mistakes K made. Knueppel is a 5* but unlikely to be one and done. Harris is a 4*. This years class has two good 4 stars.

They might see a decommit though.

Reaction Score
I hate Duke but the takes here sound like sour grapes and wishful thinking. I think they are the best team on paper right now and will be again next year, barring something unexpected. Pat isn’t likely a one and done, nor is TJ Power. Scheyer is fixing some of the mistakes K made. Knueppel is a 5* but unlikely to be one and done. Harris is a 4*. This years class has two good 4 stars.

They might see a decommit though.
They’re the best team on paper in 2023-2024? Oh I like our chances to have a deeper run better than them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom