NFL Draft | Page 4 | The Boneyard

NFL Draft

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
No, I did mean 21-40 for a few reasons. One, guard isn't as much of a need as other positions, and there are still 2 CBs available who Bill did not judge to be worth it (Booth and Gordon). So, by picking Strange, he elected to pass on 2 pretty good CBs.

But there's also the strategy of the draft. The Bills gave up a 4th to move up a few spots in the 1st. What would it have taken to move up several spots in the 2nd to grab Strange? At the very most, the 3rd they picked up from KC.

In other words, the Patriots had the draft capital to move up to grab Strange, or perhaps they could have even picked up a 4th by trading down from 29.

The earliest many pundits had him was in the 70s, but let's say the Patriots believe others wanted him a whole round earlier (in the 40s).

You can get there from either 29 or else with a trade up from the 50s (the Patriots 2nd rounder).

I just think that Belichick believes EVERYONE in that 21-40 range isn't as good as Strange.

And furthermore, there is very little left at positions of dire need (CB).

I'm still open to him grabbing LBs, DEs or DTs. Because there are a few of those.
Yeah, I think too many people are buying into the disinformation that permeates the mocks. This tweet is from the guy that runs the Senior Bowl.
I get the whole "they could have moved up in round 2", sure, maybe. Or traded back again perhaps. But one of the teams he visited that needs a guard is Tampa, and they pick 33rd. First pick today. There was a real chance he would have been gone on the first pick of round 2. He also met with the Vikings and they pick at 34. You know who else had him in? The Titans, sitting at pick 35. So no, you can't assume that it was possible. Let's just hope he's great. Corner coming tonight.

Reaction Score
Sounds like the harmony of a frustrated Jets fans
I grew up in central CT and never knew a single Pats fan growing up. Not a one. Not a single person in my entire grade school was a Patriots fan.

Giants, Steelers, Cowboys, even Oilers and Dolphins. Not a single Pats fan.

Reaction Score
I grew up in central CT and never knew a single Pats fan growing up. Not a one. Not a single person in my entire grade school was a Patriots fan.

Grew up in Ffld County and never new a single Pats fan until 2001 and never knew a single Red Sox fan until 2004. Now there's tons of them. Weird.

Reaction Score
For the Jets give me:
38) Brisker S or Dean LB
101) O-Line
then add a RB in a later round and it's a much needed near perfect draft for them

Reaction Score
For the Patriots fans out there who are scratching their head on the Strange pick.. He only gave up one sack as a three year starter.. This pick is about run blocking and giving Mac some time in the pocket.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Grew up in Ffld County and never new a single Pats fan until 2001 and never knew a single Red Sox fan until 2004. Now there's tons of them. Weird.
Simple explanation: Brady.

As far as Sox fans, I was a Mets fan, hated the Yankees. And most Mets fans I knew had Boston as their #1 AL team. We all knew Yaz's batting stance. Rice, Lynn, Fisk and Dewey were pretty popular in Stamford if you weren't a frontrunning Yankees toadie.

I moved out of NE in 2002. The last time I watched a football game at a bar there was a few years ago when I met an old UConn buddy at a bar in Shelton for a Jets game. The most popular jersey there was Tebow's. And every team he played for was being worn by someone. It was then I knew that the CT I grew up in was long gone.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I think too many people are buying into the disinformation that permeates the mocks. This tweet is from the guy that runs the Senior Bowl.
I get the whole "they could have moved up in round 2", sure, maybe. Or traded back again perhaps. But one of the teams he visited that needs a guard is Tampa, and they pick 33rd. First pick today. There was a real chance he would have been gone on the first pick of round 2. He also met with the Vikings and they pick at 34. You know who else had him in? The Titans, sitting at pick 35. So no, you can't assume that it was possible. Let's just hope he's great. Corner coming tonight.

Jim Nagy, by the way, is a long time Patriot scout and close friend of Belichick.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
BTW, nice job by Criss Angel with the box of prediction illusion.

Reaction Score

That's very weird. where?

I grew up around New Haven and was a Patriots fan since 1976 and by the time I went to High School, a bunch of my friends and I used to drive up to Patriots games on weekends.

Reaction Score
Fairfield?

That's not evidence of anything, really.

I can remember the 1970s and the neighborhood battles half Red Sox, half Yankees.

I mean, you guys are NYC suburbanites, and you're telling us that your area of Connecticut had a New York tilt.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Fairfield?

That's not evidence of anything, really.

I can remember the 1970s and the neighborhood battles half Red Sox, half Yankees.

I mean, you guys are NYC suburbanites, and you're telling us that your area of Connecticut had a New York tilt.
Yeah, I grew up in Manchester in the 70's-80s. It was at least 80-20 Red Sox to Yankees. On the football side, Patriots were the most popular team by far, followed by a mix of Steelers, Cowboys and Giants fans. Never met a Mets or Jets fan until I got to UConn. But Manchester also had a lot of transplants (like my family from KC) due to insurance and P&W.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I knew exactly one Yankee fan in the Horace Clarke era. The rest hopped aboard once they got good.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I hated the pick. I despise Pitt with every fiber of my soul and don’t buy the love for Pickett. If he had gone anywhere but Pitt, I don’t think we take him. Two years in a row we’ve absolutely botched our first round picks.

As you mentioned, I spent the last 15 or so years hating our QB so making it another 4-5 until Pickett is gone won’t be too much of a chore
Hope you weren't thinking of taking a CB instead, given Tomlin's inability to develop any early round CB during his tenure.

I married into Pitt, so I watched most of the games last year. They were a fun team to watch. I was able to experience something that no UConn fan has in years - confidence that the QB would lead the team downfield when needed. love his leadership and football IQ, he's accurate, can make all the throws needed, and can escape when needed. He's not Mahomes, but he might be Romo.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I knew exactly one Yankee fan in the Horace Clarke era. The rest hopped aboard once they got good.
I still remember the 1969 lineup vividly.

One thing most Patriots fans either do not or neglect to remember is how close that franchise came to moving to St Louis in 1992.

Reaction Score

I'm a different generation than you (I think) and from Northwest CT. but had the exact same experience growing up. Didn't know a single Patriots fan. A lot of Giants fans, less Jets fans and then Niners and Cowboys fans. With a couple Fins, Bills, and Eagles fans mixed in.

Reaction Score
Ready for Jets to crush my dreams and take Nakobe Dean with the Giants pick here

Reaction Score
6th through 8th grade from 1979-1981, high school in 1985, college in 1990. Not a Pats fan in sight the entire time.
For a guy who hates the Patriots you sure post a lot with your patriot takes

Reaction Score
Giants trading down twice interesting wanna know what the trade details are.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom