NFL Draft | The Boneyard

NFL Draft

Reaction Score
Falcons fan.......i can talk myself into malik willis. i can live with reaching for a receiver at 8. if it's any of the other QB's i'm going to call out of work tomorrow. hope we trade back

Reaction Score
As a Bearcats fan I am more interested this year than most to see where some of them land. I’ll be an instant fan of any team Sauce goes to, unless it ended up Steelers lol.

Reaction Score
A few hours away, whats everyone hoping for tonight.

As a Giants fan I'm hoping for Neal at 5, Gardner at 7. Would love to trade back but don't really see much interest in teams to move up

i want one of the 2 top 10 pick teams to go all in on corners and take sauce and stingley. dare you to throw on em

Reaction Score

As a Giants fan I'm hoping for Neal at 5, Gardner at 7. Would love to trade back but don't really see much interest in teams to move up
Makes sense because O line needs a stud, and with Bradberry too expensive to keep, they need a replacement.

But, with a stud edge rusher, QB has less time to throw a pinpoint pass with pressure in his face. I always heard announcers and coaches say that it's hard for a corner or safety to defend a pass, well thrown to a good receiver. Most recent Superbowl proved that. Even a great corner for the Bengals couldn't hold off a great receiver from the Rams and had to resort to holding to defend the pass.

If the Giants could get a top notch edge rusher in the second round, if not the first, that would be great.

Reaction Score

I agree, I don’t know how different Ekwonu, Neal and Cross are, but I want one of them and Gardner. Seems like Stingley is being strongly rumored at 3. I feel like a team may trade up to take Gardner, maybe at 6 if Carolina trades back.

Reaction Score
I agree, I don’t know how different Ekwonu, Neal and Cross are, but I want one of them and Gardner. Seems like Stingley is being strongly rumored at 3. I feel like a team may trade up to take Gardner, maybe at 6 if Carolina trades back.
Ekwonu is very good but is a more of a run blocker than Neal so not as great of a fit, but would be happy. Cross I wouldn't be thrilled with, don't really have any reason but he just feels like a reach. Wouldn’t be shocked if Cross is the pick though and the other 2 are gone

Reaction Score
Ekwonu is very good but is a more of a run blocker than Neal so not as great of a fit, but would be happy. Cross I wouldn't be thrilled with, don't really have any reason but he just feels like a reach. Wouldn’t be shocked if Cross is the pick though and the other 2 are gone
Tbf, we need some run blocking prowess too. Not that Saquon can ever break a tackle anymore, but they still didn’t create much running room

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

As a Giants fan, I’ve lost interest in this franchise until they get their stud QB. Everything else won’t save us from continuous mediocrity.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I hope our UConn kid goes in 1st round

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Patriots fan. CB, OL, fast LB. WR in the later rounds. The top of the draft is not strong. It's fairly deep. I think almost every team will want to trade back.

Reaction Score
Patriots fan. CB, OL, fast LB. WR in the later rounds. The top of the draft is not strong. It's fairly deep. I think almost every team will want to trade back.

Belichick is going to take the punter from SDSU with the first round pick.

In all seriousness I like Quay Walker from Georgia. And I'd love Metchie if he's still around at 85. So that guarantees both of those guys end up elsewhere.

Reaction Score
On most running plays last year, it seem the Giant's running back had to elude a defender before he even got back to the line of scrimmage. Offensive linemen can last a decade vs cornerbacks. Neal is the specimen I'd prefer, but I'd consider going for the offensive line home run. Trade back a bit with the 7th pick and pick up one of the inside OL talents, Lindeman at center from Iowa, the Texas A&M guard, or the BC guard. They are all expected to go in the 18-26 range I believe. Trade back to that area with number 7 and maybe get another second round pick this year and next year in the bargain.

Reaction Score
Giants fan. Neal and Icky are going to be guards in the long run so I don't care which they take it available. Would rather they go edge and DB if available. Then take linemen in 2 and and 3rd if the value is there. But let's be honest, there are enough holes that it doesn't matter who they take, it'll be an upgrade.

All I know is that no one knows what's going to happen so it'll be fun to watch.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Belichick is going to take the punter from SDSU with the first round pick.

In all seriousness I like Quay Walker from Georgia. And I'd love Metchie if he's still around at 85. So that guarantees both of those guys end up elsewhere.
I’m with you on Walker, although I’d like McDuffie from UW if he’s there. Metchie will be interesting. Could see a move up to get him if he’s there in the 3rd. So yes, bill will draft an OL.

Reaction Score
Falcons fan.......i can talk myself into malik willis. i can live with reaching for a receiver at 8. if it's any of the other QB's i'm going to call out of work tomorrow. hope we trade back

Falcons fan too. I think they go DE/DL

Reaction Score
Giants fan here too. Hoping one of the top OLs and Sauce for 5+7.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
This draft kind of quietly snuck up. No real big names. Which of course means there will likely be a bunch of all-pros coming out of this.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom