NFL Draft | Page 6 | The Boneyard

NFL Draft

Reaction Score
I'm thrilled with the Jets moves. I like Wilson and the AVT move was fantastic, even if on paper Douglas overpaid slightly. The left side of the OL will be set for a decade.

Not sure where they'll go to start Round 2, likely an edge rusher or CB I'd imagine.
You should be even more thrilled now.

Reaction Score

What the....

The Bears, Giants and maybe Cardinals seem to be franchises who now seem to feel they have the luxury to be stupid. The Cardinals ownership seems to be behaving differently now with the elder Bidwell's passing.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Patriots got a steal by moving up to take Barrmore in the 2nd. Best DT in the draft and expected to go mid 1st round.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Giants trading down a 3rd rd pick in next years draft and still got Ojuli.

I texted my dad (a huge giants fan) that it is nice if gettleman to give his successor all the picks he needs to move up for Howell next year lol

the Q

Reaction Score
Loved both Giants trades, not crazy about 1st round pick, LOVED the 2nd round pick and totally cool with the third round pick.

Overall, I've been very happy with their draft. I'm expecting an OL and RB sometime today.
Giants should move up for Jabril cox here.

Reaction Score
Giants should move up for Jabril cox here.
Nope took Ellerson Smith instead, any one you hope lands to the Giants will go a pick before lol.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This is borderline deserving its own thread.

BYU and state of Utah or not..............

Wilson leaves HS to enroll early at BYU during his senior year of HS. Shows up for HS senior prom with two BYU cheerleaders????

BYU QB Zach Wilson Actually Took 2 Cougars Cheerleaders to His High School Senior Prom (12up.com)

1619894403755.png

Reaction Score
He looks like he's 12 years old. Some day he will need to shave.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
What the....

The Bears, Giants and maybe Cardinals seem to be franchises who now seem to feel they have the luxury to be stupid. The Cardinals ownership seems to be behaving differently now with the elder Bidwell's passing.
What do you mean ... feel they have the luxury to be stupid? I dont get what you're saying here.

Reaction Score
Wow. Not a big fan of Justin Fields. If he turns out to be a bust, it will set the Bears franchise another 50 years. Trading up for Trubisky and now for Justin Fields.
The Bears traded an awful lot for him too. If it works out, the front office is praised. If it doesn’t work out, the front office is fired.
I hate the fact that Belichick is friends with Saban and gets advice from him. Justin Fields was right there for the taking. Easy to trade up 3 spots. Ugh.
Not with how the Bears were. Stupid trade when you could get possibly a better fit without giving up anything.
Patriots got a steal by moving up to take Barrmore in the 2nd. Best DT in the draft and expected to go mid 1st round.
Top-ten talent. Bama defensive tackles are beasts.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Pretty “meh” about my Steelers. I saw the Harris pick coming for weeks, but was really hoping it was a smokescreen. Our run game is awful, but taking a back in the first round is just terrible value. Had we gone with an OL in the first, then gotten Freiermuth and used our third on Trey Sermon I’d be ecstatic.

Equally frustrating is that I think Baltimore and Cleveland did really well for themselves. Cincy can never get out of their own way, so you just have to laugh at this point.

the Q

Reaction Score
Pretty “meh” about my Steelers. I saw the Harris pick coming for weeks, but was really hoping it was a smokescreen. Our run game is awful, but taking a back in the first round is just terrible value. Had we gone with an OL in the first, then gotten Freiermuth and used our third on Trey Sermon I’d be ecstatic.

Equally frustrating is that I think Baltimore and Cleveland did really well for themselves. Cincy can never get out of their own way, so you just have to laugh at this point.

Yeah I don’t know how the Steelers didn’t see that they needed to fix the OL first before worrying about running back

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Yeah I don’t know how the Steelers didn’t see that they needed to fix the OL first before worrying about running back

If their logic was that they didn’t see the value in taking a guy like Jenkins or Dickerson at 24 and weren’t able to trade back, then I guess I could understand to an extent but from all indications it seems as if Harris was their guy no matter what. It’s just a staggeringly short-sighted pick in the vain hope of trying to suck one last run out of our idiot QB when taking a longer term fix would’ve been much, much smarter

Reaction Score
Don't sleep on the Giants #1. Toney is weapon, he tested off the charts 4.39 forty-yard dash, 11 foot 4 inch broad jump, and 39.5 inch vertical.

Plus, next year the Gmen have two #1, two #3 and two #4.
He's gonna be a weapon for their offense, love the pick. My biggest concern is that Jason Garrett is still the OC and will have no idea how to take advantage of having him

Reaction Score
He's gonna be a weapon for their offense, love the pick. My biggest concern is that Jason Garrett is still the OC and will have no idea how to take advantage of having him
I'm more concerned about Daniel Jones than Garrett. Jones is looking to be a #15-#20 NFL QB. He needs o make a huge jump for the Giants to contend.

Reaction Score
The Bears traded an awful lot for him too. If it works out, the front office is praised. If it doesn’t work out, the front office is fired.

Not with how the Bears were. Stupid trade when you could get possibly a better fit without giving up anything.

Top-ten talent. Bama defensive tackles are beasts.
A lot of people had Mac Jones as a 2nd round talent, lacking arm strength. Justin Fields has all the tools. Time will tell, but the amount to move up from 15 to 12 is a lot less than what you pay for 20 to 12. It was a shock that Fields was available at 12 at all.

Reaction Score
Don't sleep on the Giants #1. Toney is weapon, he tested off the charts 4.39 forty-yard dash, 11 foot 4 inch broad jump, and 39.5 inch vertical.

Plus, next year the Gmen have two #1, one #2, two #3 and two #4.

No I want people to sleep on Toney next year. I already know ESPN the Stephen A Smiths and Max Kellermans of the world will be sucking off Devonte Smith and will be saying how the Giants shouldve traded up to get him.

Next years draft will be loaded with a full college season and will have the combine. If Jones is a bust you can take a qb in the first round and an impact player. If Jones is the guy you get 2 impact players in round 1. Everyone that signed is pretty much a 3 year deal.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If their logic was that they didn’t see the value in taking a guy like Jenkins or Dickerson at 24 and weren’t able to trade back, then I guess I could understand to an extent but from all indications it seems as if Harris was their guy no matter what. It’s just a staggeringly short-sighted pick in the vain hope of trying to suck one last run out of our idiot QB when taking a longer term fix would’ve been much, much smarter

The top OL were gone. They got a guy who may be every bit as good as Barkley. RB are fine late first. I like Etienne better, but he’s speed and Harris is power. Better fit for the Steelers. They got OL in the 3rd and 4th. Hard to know with OL. Last year the Pats too a guy in the 6th round who went in the first in a recent redraft. Green looks good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom