NFL Draft | Page 5 | The Boneyard

NFL Draft

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
There it is. Mac Jones to New England.

Reaction Score
Im a Bears fan and when I saw Fields hadnt been taken i thought to myself "make a move Pace!!!" Then i saw Philly move up and thought they were taking Fields and when they didnt and i saw we moved up i lost my friggin mind!!! I wanted Fields over every other QB other than Lawrence but thought we had absolutely no shot. This is the happiest ive been over a draft pick in my 35 years of being a Bear fan. I think we finally got the guy. I think he fell because of some epilepsy issues that were completely blown out of proportion and it scared teams off.

Reaction Score
Has the gadget WR ever worked?

I'm on that fence too.

Loved the trade, wasn't crazy about the pick, especially with Farley and Paye on the board.

But then again, I don't watch P5 college football, so who knows?

Gimme an OL or pass rusher in round 2.

You can make the argument that each team that drafted a QB earned an "A grade" with their picks. First time in a while that each and every first round QB pick doesn't seem like a reach.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I only meant the thinking was the Giants wanted Smith and Eagles made deal with Dallas to move up and take him. I would assume the Giants could've made the same deal with Dallas. They either got outflanked or they wanted to move down and get more picks and a first rounder next year which they did.
I like the move down. The Bears first rounder will prob be a better pick than the Giants

Reaction Score
I hate the fact that Belichick is friends with Saban and gets advice from him. Justin Fields was right there for the taking. Easy to trade up 3 spots. Ugh.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Fantastic draft for the Giants. Toney is likely every bit as good as Smith, and they get a great haul of other picks.

I said for weeks that whoever SF didn't take at 3 would be there at 15, and I was right. I didn't know if it was Lance or Jones. I suspected Fields would go sooner than 15, but when Denver traded for Bridgewater, I wasn't sure about that anymore. Didn't think the Bears or WFT would give up so much. Fields has all the measurables, just like Trubisky did. I do think he will be good, but you really never know. 75% of being an NFL QB is between the ears. That's why I am plenty happy New England got Jones.

Reaction Score
The more I see/read about Toney makes me happier with the pick. Seems like a great kid with good intangibles, Judge emphasized this. The trade back was phenomenal and the absolute right thing to do. There is now no excuse for DJ to not have a good season, he has all the weapons and more specifically diversity of weapons that he could ask for. Pass rusher/LB/Oline for round 2. JOK would be a steal if he’s available.

Reaction Score
Fields has all the measurables, just like Trubisky did. I do think he will be good, but you really never know. 75% of being an NFL QB is between the ears. That's why I am plenty happy New England got Jones.

With the caveat that no one knows anything about drafting quarterbacks, there is absolutely zero about this Mac Jones pick that excites me. Why do you think the part between the ears favors Jones over Fields? I'm not saying you're wrong, I just don't see any reason to think that's the case. Fields is a smart kid - the stuff about not being able to go through his progressions is refuted by the actual tape - and he's certainly tough as hell. He could have shut it down rather than load up his rib cage with cortisone so he could go out and play Clemson. I think the Trubisky comparison is almost laughably unfair to the kid.

Reaction Score
With the caveat that no one knows anything about drafting quarterbacks, there is absolutely zero about this Mac Jones pick that excites me. Why do you think the part between the ears favors Jones over Fields? I'm not saying you're wrong, I just don't see any reason to think that's the case. Fields is a smart kid - the stuff about not being able to go through his progressions is refuted by the actual tape - and he's certainly tough as hell. He could have shut it down rather than load up his rib cage with cortisone so he could go out and play Clemson. I think the Trubisky comparison is almost laughably unfair to the kid.

I think the injuries scared teams off. Bears gave up a lot to take him. I think the Saban-Belichick relationship played a part in the Pats taking Jones.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I think Fields is probably fine. I would have taken him over Jones. The point is, 40% of 1st round QBs flop. They all look good on draft day. I know the stuff about Fields not going through reads or not working hard was bunk. Dan O reported it, but it was something somebody fed him (most pre draft noise is) and he did the diligence to uncover the truth. I watched scouting reports on all these guys. I think Jones is the best processor of all 5, and the least athletically gifted. He gets rid of the ball quickly.

Monson: Can Mac Jones break the trend and succeed in the NFL despite lack of high-end traits? | NFL Draft | PFF

Reaction Score
I'm thrilled with the Jets moves. I like Wilson and the AVT move was fantastic, even if on paper Douglas overpaid slightly. The left side of the OL will be set for a decade.

Not sure where they'll go to start Round 2, likely an edge rusher or CB I'd imagine.

Reaction Score
As for the Bears and MT it is not like he can't play the game. Matching the QB with the right coaching staff is important. Fields is more mobile than MT. Not everyone can be Mahomes or Jackson though. The fact Brady is still standing with only one real bad injury impacting a season is hard to fathom. Everyone is chasing the mobile QB trend but will these guys still be healthy at 30 yo? Mahomes may as he gets out of bounds often. Hopefully Fields does the same.

Reaction Score
As for the Bears and MT it is not like he can't play the game. Matching the QB with the right coaching staff is important. Fields is more mobile than MT. Not everyone can be Mahomes or Jackson though. The fact Brady is still standing with only one real bad injury impacting a season is hard to fathom. Everyone is chasing the mobile QB trend but will these guys still be healthy at 30 yo? Mahomes may as he gets out of bounds often. Hopefully Fields does the same.
Mahomes is one of the greatest passers/drop back qb's the league has ever seen, he wasn't chased as a mobile QB. He was chased because he has one of the greatest arms ever seen, he has to run around sometimes especially at the end of the season because he had no line. Trubisky is a mobile qb, his problem is decision making and bad accuracy deep.

Reaction Score
Trubisky, to me, is Exhibit A of a kid who gets drafted way too high because he looks good getting off the bus. He wasn't even that good in college. Bananas that he went second.

Reaction Score
Trubisky, to me, is Exhibit A of a kid who gets drafted way too high because he looks good getting off the bus. He wasn't even that good in college. Bananas that he went second.
Craziest part was they moved up to draft him, instead of just drafting Mahomes or Watson.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom