NFL Draft Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NFL Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

UCONNfan1

Is anyone else really really happy that Manziel keeps dropping??
I have no skin in the game for the draft - it's not like UCONN has a bunch of players expected to be drafted - but I'd be thrilled if Manziel fell to the 2nd round. I will readily admit I'm not a huge follower of college football and therefore the draft, but the way he was hyped, and his extra special arrogance and sense of entitlement (combined with his Hollywood attitude and delusional rock star status) made me really despise the guy.

Add in the fact (and this is not his fault) that every single time you saw ANY analysis of the draft, he was one of the most talked about guys. Great QB for a college system, and aTm's system, but not IMHO for the pros.

Side note - I live in Carlsbad (about 35 minutes north of San Diego) and am psyched Brown was picked up by the Chargers. Ever since the Chargers -canned Norv Turner (the guy was a total joke of a coach - way worse than Schottenheimer who they fired for not going far enough in the playoffs even tho he made it just about every year), the Chargers have been making smarter moves. Why they hired him I'll never know...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I really wanted to see the Giants take Olineman or Aaron Donald in the first round, I don't hate the Beckum pick though the Giants definitely needed another play making receiver to complement Cruz, he can also return kicks, looks like he fits into Ben Macadoo's system.

Reaction Score
It will be interesting seeing Khalil Mack play alongside Sio Moore. How many stars was Mack btw coming out of high school.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Manziel was projected to go 4th to the Browns but now went 22nd to the Browns. Great value.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Well, at least he eliminated special teams from consideration. Anyone ready to take a 1st rd punter?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Holy crap.

Bridgewater looked like Christian Ponder in those highlights.

But, still, I choose to believe that the Vikings just drafted the next great Viking quarterback. (Don't ask me who the last one was.)

Reaction Score
He Actually Said You Can Either Go Offense Or Defense With This Pick. Really Ray, Really?

I saw him play against Miami and he was special, that was his analysis on each player. Espin is try way too hard to appeal to the average sports fan.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Watching the draft on the NFL Network is better

When I did my cable box cleanup, I lost valuable networks like NFL and MLB. I agree with you though. ESPiN is garbage. You're better off streaming the draft online on any website than listening to how Ray Lewis thinks every player is great because he watched him against Miami or knows what teams need based on watching them play on MNF. Gruden's love affair with Johnny Manziel was sickening too. ESPiN was better off with Todd McShay and Mel Kiper arguing over their own rankings (as if they mattered) than what they aired last night.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
NFL Network is MUUUUUUCH better. Berman is almost cartoonish.

I was looking at player rankings (McShay?) and was surprised to see Stephen much higher ranked than Smallwood. I think Stephen was around 107 and Smallwood was 197. Makes you wonder if a year under Diaco and better training would have gotten Smallwood a better position in the draft.

I also looked at QB rankings and Michael Box was #32 QB. Yes...that Michael Box.

Reaction Score
Unfortunatly I don't get NFL network, I expect that they will have Mcshay there for at least the 3rd day.

Reaction Score
He Actually Said You Can Either Go Offense Or Defense With This Pick. Really Ray, Really?

My personal favorite was when the Saints were on the clock, he was adamant that the Saints go with defense. Then they take the WR from Oregon St. And Lewis loves the pick.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Everyone knows it was Wade Wilson.
Holy crap.

But, still, I choose to believe that the Vikings just drafted the next great Viking quarterback. (Don't ask me who the last one was.)

Reaction Score
Manziel was projected to go 4th to the Browns but now went 22nd to the Browns. Great value.

I just don't see him being that successful in the NFL. His first instict is almost always to roll out of the pocket and someone is going to have to seriously alter that for him to survive in the NFL. That creativeness and elusiveness needs to be a weapon in his game in the NFL, while it was his entire game in college.

Reaction Score
Watt and Clowney together is a scary prospect. Two straight up athletic freaks and if Watt can push Clowney to anywhere near the motor that he has, those two are going to wreak havoc together.

Reaction Score
Holy crap.

Randall Cunningham, but he was really the Eagles QB in disguise for a season - oh so close to the big game.

Reaction Score
I love that NFL Network doesn't ruin the pick before Goodell announces it....ESPN shows the player talking on the phone and clearly gives it away

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Holy crap.

Joe Kapp was the last great one

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
The Pats taking Jimmy Garappolo has me excited. I have no idea who the heck he is but I really like him. Classy kid. Well spoken. Quick gun.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Watching people on twitter, and some of them fairly educated football people, wonder about that pick for NE makes me laugh.

1. Brady will be what, 37 in week 1? There has to be a succession plan.
  2. This guy is under their control for 4 years (5 if you want to include a franchise tag)
  3. Too early for a qb? 2nd round picks under BB are usually not called upon anyway unless injury force their need as rookies. Even Gronk was considered a 2nd or 3rd te as a rookie.
  4. They have other needs? Well, they have weapons already. Young wr's who are developing and cheap, free agent (re)signings in LaFell and Edelman, two very capable running backs (3 if you thing Bolden is anything), and a game changer at TE.
  5. The draft isn't over AND they have free agents who they have had contact with like Dustin Keller and Michael Bush to round out roster spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom