Next out: Joe D Official | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Next out: Joe D Official

Reaction Score
Jmick getting his clock cleaned every post. But he hates Rush et al and he’s okay with us being on a walkie talkie broadcast for games. And a FM station that covers 100 yards
Watch it on tv or internet. Or just listen to an internet audio stream. Figure it out.

Reaction Score
And that is part of the problem.
I wonder what the demographics of actual donors to UConn Foundation/Athletics are. I have a feeling that mostly old people are the donors.[/QUOTE]

That would be a safe bet, but those folks are already in your pocket. You have to attract younger fans or your program dies on the vine.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I don't get the Joe D obsession. Thought he was decent at calling bball games but was not a fan of his football play by play. Actually, thought the whole team wasn't that great for football coverage.

I came to CT in '99 so I didn't grow up with Joe D doing UConn sports. Maybe that's why I don't have as much of an attachment? Regardless, I think it's not the end of the world that theylll be switching it up. Hopefully they'll have sport specific broadcast teams so they can be better at the sport they are calling.

C

Chief00

I'd be pretty surprised if money wasn't a bigger part. Trying to paint it as a left/right thing in regards to content is disingenuous to all reasonable people on the political spectrum. The people who do shows on AM radio are playing to the lowest common denominator and will say anything for a nickel. If it's about content, it's not about left/right. It's about not associating yourself with a bunch of morons.

First you say money was the decision maker but then you say it’s about not associating yourself with a bunch of morons(AM). Which is it?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom