Next out: Joe D Official | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Next out: Joe D Official

Reaction Score
Only old people listen to AM? Go to a game - that’s the fanbase.[/QUOTE]

And that is part of the problem.

Reaction Score
If by somewhat common you mean still pretty rare, I agree with you.
Well we can argue over what "somewhat common" means but it started to be an option in the early-mid 60s and by the end of the decade it was an option in more than half of the cars available. I don't know when it became standard but id guess somewhere in the early or mid 80s

Reaction Score

Who can we purge next.

I met him in Germany. Good guy, this was back in the P era. We talked about how horrendous Pasqualoni was while we were beating up on Michigan State. He won me over because he genuinely seemed to care about the program. He says “we” a great deal.

Reaction Score
I don’t know what the contract says on who has the final say but it’s clear the school
has input/owns the decision or they would have just shut Entercom up with - IMG made the call not us.

It is a joint decision.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I met him in Germany. Good guy, this was back in the P era. We talked about how horrendous Pasqualoni was while we were beating up on Michigan State. He won me over because he genuinely seemed to care about the program. He says “we” a great deal.

I have no problem with Joe D per se.

The football broadcast overall is rock bottom bad. Listen to anyone else and it’s light years better.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Well we can argue over what "somewhat common" means but it started to be an option in the early-mid 60s and by the end of the decade it was an option in more than half of the cars available. I don't know when it became standard but id guess somewhere in the early or mid 80s
I don't doubt it was available but I never drove in a car with FM in it until the 70's.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
AM radio will outlast everyone.
Jmick getting his clock cleaned every post. But he hates Rush et al and he’s okay with us being on a walkie talkie broadcast for games. And a FM station that covers 100 yards

Reaction Score
Jmick getting his clock cleaned every post. But he hates Rush et al and he’s okay with us being on a walkie talkie broadcast for games. And a FM station that covers 100 yards
it's not my fault you're old and can't get with the times

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Count me as someone in his early 40s who likes AM radio and really liked Joe D. To me, he was part of the Husky family and always will be. Lots of good UConn memories with his voice behind the call...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
it's not my fault you're old and can't get with the times

It’s about the umbrella. Not what some millenial who doesn’t go to games prefers.

Plus... both have apps!

Reaction Score

I listened to 97.9 this morning. In San Francisco.

Reaction Score
Count me as someone in his early 40s who likes AM radio and really liked Joe D. To me, he was part of the Husky family and always will be. Lots of good UConn memories with his voice behind the call...
It seems like there is a strong correlation between people who like AM radio and people that like Joe D. I personally can't stand the guy. Especially for football.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I prefer Joe D. And the apps don't matter much IMO, as the interface for them is God awful regardless of station. Luckily, IMG has a decent app that will stay the same regardless of what station carries the games

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
It seems like there is a strong correlation between people who like AM radio and people that like Joe D. I personally can't stand the guy. Especially for football.

I listen to him in the car on the way home from the Rent for the the pre and post game. Same thing for BBall. His voice equals UConn.

It has nothing to do with me being crotchety or being a technophobe. I can't get enough of UConn sports, and he's been the supplier for so many years.

I wish him all the best...

Reaction Score
I listen to him in the car on the way home from the Rent for the the pre and post game. Same thing for BBall. His voice equals UConn.

It has nothing to do with me being crotchety or being a technophobe. I can't get enough of UConn sports, and he's been the supplier for so many years.

I wish him all the best...

I'm not a fan of AM in general, but I did the same. Listening to Joe D going into and leaving the Rent was just a nice way for me to pass the time waiting in traffic.

I never had a huge problem with him calling the games. I'll miss him, but I think we got big things coming in the future. Specially a nation championship game next year. 15-0

Reaction Score
Only old people listen to AM? Go to a game - that’s the fanbase.

And that is part of the problem.[/QUOTE]
I wonder what the demographics of actual donors to UConn Foundation/Athletics are. I have a feeling that mostly old people are the donors.

Reaction Score
I listened to 97.9 this morning. In San Francisco.
Via a variety of apps, I regularly listen to FM music and some non-US AM news stations from around the world; easier in the States yet enabled with VPNs as required. Ironically, WTIC's own site link was often not too dependable. Past tense!

Reaction Score
Late '60's When I got my license in '68, I couldn't afford a new car so my choices were late 50's early 60's models none had FM radios.
Had FM converters that played through the AM radio.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom